Boo's Diary - Starting Again

boo68

One day at a time
As the title says I'm starting again for the *cough time and I'm really hoping I can keep it up this time. A lot has happened since I've been away the most important is that I have become a vegetarian and I'm really happy with my decision, I've not had meat for a long while and I don't really miss it although I still cook meat for the rest of the family.

Also my faithful laptop has died :( so I'm having to type on Mr Boo's notepad which is ok but I'm squinting to read the text lol, must be getting old meh! And I'm wearing my glasses :eek:

Ok, so here's where I am now and not literally infront of the notepad hehe, I'm eating veggie but and this is where I need help, I'm eating rubbish in the evening, I've lost my focus and I haven't been to the gym for a while too which I really need to get back into.

I was thinking about going back to my old slimming world class but although she is a very good consultant and I get on well with the class there are a couple of things that I don't like, firstly it takes me around 30 mins to get there and the same back which is a pain in the proverbial and finally and the most disappointing to me is last time I went she told me that I shouldn't really be needing to go the gym as often as I was which was 4 times a week because the plan will ensure I do lose weight, in fact in front of the class she asked me what was more important the plan or the gym which was kinda weird as they would be working well together, hmmmm so I'm looking for another class. There is one not far from work which starts at 5.30 pm tomorrow night so I could go straight from work, I've emailed the consultant ans she said pop along and see her so I think I will!

My stepmum will be joining too so hopefully I can stick to it this time, I really do hope so, I've done the shopping and all ready to go. So I'm back to square one again, I will update all my stats tomorrow after class and after the scales which I'm not looking forward to lol.

Right so this is my first diary entry in a new diary and the begining of something good I hope! If I ever get used to typing on this bloomin notepad!!! Love Boo xxx

Hello there :)
I think ur consultant is totally outta order for sayin that to ya the gym is very important it helps tone so u dont hav wobbly bits! I wud ov gone mad at her! U shud totally report her for that and for saying it infront ov everyone!
My c has been nagging on at my group for weeks to get the body magic goin and wen i got my silver award and stone award the same day she made a point to everyone just to let them know about body magic again ;)

Hello there :)
I think ur consultant is totally outta order for sayin that to ya the gym is very important it helps tone so u dont hav wobbly bits! I wud ov gone mad at her! U shud totally report her for that and for saying it infront ov everyone!
My c has been nagging on at my group for weeks to get the body magic goin and wen i got my silver award and stone award the same day she made a point to everyone just to let them know about body magic again ;)

Hi Emma I agree with you and I don't know why I didn't do anything I think I was gobsmacked to be honest it wasn't till afterwards that it really got to me, anyhoo, I'm in another class now so fingers crossed this one goes well lol Boo xxx

Day 1 - Monday 16 April 2012

I've just come back from joining a new group and I've gotta say the consultant was really nice and the group was really friendly and not too big that you get lost in the crowd but not really small so I'm pleased. My step mum joined at the same time so we will give each other some support.

Right whats been happening today.... Well work has been hetic and kinda weird and loads to do and not enough time to do it and work is never straight forward so it pays to sit back and take a deep breath sometimes. Half way through the day I did think do I really want to go to club tonight but a quick text from my step mum put me back in the mood and to be honest I'm glad I went, although I'm heavier than I thought I was, meh! :cool:

I've got all the food I need for the week and I'm actually looking forward to it so fingers crossed. I've got a stomach scan tomorrow for my ibs so I can't eat anything until after the scan which is at 11.00 am so will have to take somethings with me to eat afterwards because I'm gonna be starving I know it! I'll load my bag up with fruit and I'll take a nice salad with me for lunch.

Tomorrow night I'm making the cannenoli from the sw website it looks nice so I'm hoping it is. I could really do with some advise about recipes and so on for vegetarians and I'm keen to learn more but have no one in the family who is vegetarian apart from me and they are still get used to me becoming one, heres the convo I had with my partners mum at the weekend, we are going for dinner there Wednesday night..... mum "so shall we have fish and chips then", me "well you all can and I'll bring something with me, mum "oh yes I've forgotten your a vegetarian, do you want some salmon instead?" me, "no I don't eat fish" , mum "hmmm what about some fishcakes then????"..... bah!!!! :cool:

Lol anyhoo it does make me chuckle! So tomorrow I'm on the straight and narrow, bring it on!!! Love Boo xxx

Oh just seen about ur ibs ive apparently got that according to my doctor without being properly diagnosed he sed u cant diagnose ibs lol but all my symptoms did point to it and since ive started sw it has eased off so much im glad really coz dont think i cud face anova night ov bein sat in the bog cryin in pain :(
Is urs bad at the min or r they looking for sumthin??
I laff'd at ur convo lol do ya want salmon! Hav u looked ova recipes on here if u search for green meals or veg meals it shud bring up loads stuff or u cud always substitute meat for quorn i believe they do loadsa diff types now my c loves the beef style stir fry pieces shes a veg 2 x

Good luck starting again :) I'm also restarting for the *cough* time 'tomorrow' - I really do mean it xD
Just keep focused and you will certainly do it this time! :D
Cara xx

Good luck starting again :) I'm also restarting for the *cough* time 'tomorrow' - I really do mean it xD
Just keep focused and you will certainly do it this time! :D
Cara xx

Thanks Dohnuts good luck to you too, let me know how your getting on Boo xxx

Oh just seen about ur ibs ive apparently got that according to my doctor without being properly diagnosed he sed u cant diagnose ibs lol but all my symptoms did point to it and since ive started sw it has eased off so much im glad really coz dont think i cud face anova night ov bein sat in the bog cryin in pain :(
Is urs bad at the min or r they looking for sumthin??
I laff'd at ur convo lol do ya want salmon! Hav u looked ova recipes on here if u search for green meals or veg meals it shud bring up loads stuff or u cud always substitute meat for quorn i believe they do loadsa diff types now my c loves the beef style stir fry pieces shes a veg 2 x

Hiya Emma with my scan they are ruling out anything else, but it seems like its my ibs. Its not so bad at the minute but I get attacks of it and its not nice as you know, I've had a blood test and tomorrow its an ultra sound on my tummy should get the results around a week or so later, I haven't really thought about it a lot, I've got tablets for it Colofac and that helps a great deal.

Thanks for the tip re. the veggie recipes I'm going to have a good look round and see what I can find Boo xx

Day 2 - Tuesday 17 April 2012

What a day! Work has been so busy that I haven't stopped for a minute! :rolleyes:

I popped out in the morning to go for my scan which went really well so I'm pleased but got soaked going and coming back.

I can't believe how hungry I feel, I'm sure its all in my head because I haven't starved at all in fact the reverse, I've really got to knuckle down to this as I really dont want to put anymore weight on, in fact I've got 4 stone to lose!!!

Ok not sure what I've got for dinner as I'm on my own tonight, I've got loads in the fridge so I guess I'm gonna have to get off my bum and go and have a look, right I'm off will come back later and write down all what I've eaten Boo xxx

Back again :) well I ended up cooking asda meatless meatballs, with onions, peppers, chillis, mushrooms, tinned toms and passatta with pasta it was ok but I don't know, I didn't really enjoy it :(

I need to get my head in the right place if you know what I mean, I feel like kicking myself, I guess its not good today because I'm on my own tonight and to be honest I'm not a dinner person, more of a picker so I'm not really bothered about cooking.

Also although I'm a vegetarian I don't like quorn mince or any other veggie mince and that includes stuff which is made from the mince e.g. my meatballs tonight! I try to like it but I just don't :eek: it feels spongy in my own opinion.

Meh definately feeling sorry for myself....... Boo xxx

boo68 said:
Back again :) well I ended up cooking asda meatless meatballs, with onions, peppers, chillis, mushrooms, tinned toms and passatta with pasta it was ok but I don't know, I didn't really enjoy it :(

I need to get my head in the right place if you know what I mean, I feel like kicking myself, I guess its not good today because I'm on my own tonight and to be honest I'm not a dinner person, more of a picker so I'm not really bothered about cooking.

Also although I'm a vegetarian I don't like quorn mince or any other veggie mince and that includes stuff which is made from the mince e.g. my meatballs tonight! I try to like it but I just don't :eek: it feels spongy in my own opinion.

Meh definately feeling sorry for myself....... Boo xxx

Oh dear :( i wud miss the meatballs out then n add abit ov tomato puree :) maybe a few more veggies :)

Oh dear :( i wud miss the meatballs out then n add abit ov tomato puree :) maybe a few more veggies :)

Hiya Emma I guess your right, if I think about it why am I eating something I don't really like?! I should bulk it out with veg, why didn't I think of that lol Boo xx

Just realised ur the same boo i spoke to a few weeks ago lol i was wondering were u had gone hehe ;)
Everyone seemed to leave at the same time theres a few diaries i used to comment on n they hav all disappeared :(
Glad u hav cum bak n how has the last few weeks been???

Lol Emma yes as soon as you popped into my diary I knew you from before :) these last few weeks have been up and down and to be honest as I've been work a lot of hours this week at work the plan has suffered as I have to eat what I'm given, no fridges etc so meh today has been a good day although I get weighed tomorrow so not expecting a loss, how you doing? Boo xxx

boo68 said:
Lol Emma yes as soon as you popped into my diary I knew you from before :) these last few weeks have been up and down and to be honest as I've been work a lot of hours this week at work the plan has suffered as I have to eat what I'm given, no fridges etc so meh today has been a good day although I get weighed tomorrow so not expecting a loss, how you doing? Boo xxx

Ahh dont put ur self down u neva know xx gud luck for tomoz i will b here to see how u hav gone on xx yeah im gud tryin not to stuff my face with chocolate!
How cum u hav started a new diary? I bet everyone who use to talk to ya r wondering were u have gone lol xx

Day 7 - Sunday 22 April 2012

Wow where has the time gone?? I've had to do a lot of hours this week and not finishing till very late in the evening with no where to store food I've had to eat what I've been given but there was nothing I could do, so I'm drawing a line under it, to be honest in hindsight I really should have joined this week but again, these next 2 weeks are going to be hetic too so when do you start?? :cool:

Today i'm back to being a 100% but as weigh-in is tomorrow I'm not holding out any hope of losing but I wlll next week.

Another thing I've done is really to look at the food I'm eating and especially what I like and what I don't like, I've stopped eating quorn mince because really, why should I eat it if I really dont like it, I won't stay on plan if I'm eating food which do nothing for me. I've looked through some vegetarian recipes and tweaked them a little to suit me on plan, so when I can I'll be posting on here my food for the day, so here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast - 2 slices of think ww wholemeal bread (b) with scrambled eggs

Lunch - Steamed brocolli florets, pasta and 1 tsp of green pesto reduced fat from Asda (1.1/2 syns) with grated cheese on top (a) and activia yogurt

Dinner - Brocolli, carrots, peppers, onions, courgettes, tofu, green beans in a sweet and sour sauce (2 syns) with cous cous, dessert pineapple

Other heathy extra's was 375 ml skimmed milk and 2 alpen light bars

Not had any other syns at the mo, so what do you think??

I am a vegetarian but I do eat eggs and diary.

Boo xx

Ahh dont put ur self down u neva know xx gud luck for tomoz i will b here to see how u hav gone on xx yeah im gud tryin not to stuff my face with chocolate!
How cum u hav started a new diary? I bet everyone who use to talk to ya r wondering were u have gone lol xx[/QUOT

Thanks Emma :) I guess I've started a new diary because its a new start, I guess I didn't think about people getting in touch with me doh!!!

boo68 said:
Wow where has the time gone?? I've had to do a lot of hours this week and not finishing till very late in the evening with no where to store food I've had to eat what I've been given but there was nothing I could do, so I'm drawing a line under it, to be honest in hindsight I really should have joined this week but again, these next 2 weeks are going to be hetic too so when do you start?? :cool:

Today i'm back to being a 100% but as weigh-in is tomorrow I'm not holding out any hope of losing but I wlll next week.

Another thing I've done is really to look at the food I'm eating and especially what I like and what I don't like, I've stopped eating quorn mince because really, why should I eat it if I really dont like it, I won't stay on plan if I'm eating food which do nothing for me. I've looked through some vegetarian recipes and tweaked them a little to suit me on plan, so when I can I'll be posting on here my food for the day, so here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast - 2 slices of think ww wholemeal bread (b) with scrambled eggs

Lunch - Steamed brocolli florets, pasta and 1 tsp of green pesto reduced fat from Asda (1.1/2 syns) with grated cheese on top (a) and activia yogurt

Dinner - Brocolli, carrots, peppers, onions, courgettes, tofu, green beans in a sweet and sour sauce (2 syns) with cous cous, dessert pineapple

Other heathy extra's was 375 ml skimmed milk and 2 alpen light bars

Not had any other syns at the mo, so what do you think??

I am a vegetarian but I do eat eggs and diary.

Boo xx

Food looks yum :) and if u dont like sumthing dont eat it :) i tried forcing myself to eat salad then i thought y? Theres so many delicious alternatives!
So how u gettin on being a veggie?

Back