Boo's diary!

Alibaliboo

Well, I guess I need to start a diary because its difficult to stick to it with OH bringing Pringles into the house last night, after I had specifically asked not to get me any! Anyway, I COMPLETELY RESISTED! And to boot, got up at 5am and did day 1, level 1 of Shred... which incidently should be called DREAD! I have a wedding to go to in 4 weeks and I aint going like this!
I am loving celeriac, tho not eating loads and loads, but made some chips with it and had with a bit of mayo, delish! Didnt miss s and v Pringles at all!
SO, I have been a bit on and off just recently, but determined to look much better in 4 weeks! So, Im going to record how Im doing for public viewing! Well, not weight or measurements just yet, although everyone on here is so supportive, Im not ready myself to share THAT much! It will come, but, not yet! Inspired by my friend Minimemo, who has lost a HUGE amount in her first week...[clap, clap, clap!] but, J, Im sure some of it has come off due to all the giggling we have done at morning school run! [our kids are in the same class]. It is so good to have someone to bounce ideas off!
So, Im going to have my weigh in as Mondays, have done a thorough menu plan and a pretty stringent exercise plan.
Some things I have found when I eat a lot of carbs versus low carbs~
1. My stomach makes lots of gurgling noises and is generally uncomfortable.
2. I bloat more or less straight away!
3. I am ^hungry^ more often, well, not hungry as such, but think about food a lot more and eat more often.
4. Wind!!! Phew! Lets not go there!! Surely spinach and broccoli would usually be culprits, no, no, no! When I eat carbs, especially very starchy food, just seems to fill me with gas! Nice!
5. I have more energy when eating low carbs!

Ok, thats enough for now, I think, but just to prove a point, I've been up for just over 2 hours, if I hadn't had low carbs yesterday, I would have had cereal by now!

Boo
x

All five things I totally agree with! Well done for sticking with it and omg well done for ignoring the pringles. I am a crisp addict even if I'm in rehab right now ;)

If you're having trouble with little slips off the wagon, it's worth reading Jim's sticky about 'cheating' on Atkins and what happens when you do. Of course everybody slips sometimes but doing it too regularly can really derail this diet - it's just the process of having to get back into ketosis and start burning fat again which can use up most of your week's loss time. I find that helps scare me into staying on plan and keeping my off plan moments to a couple of months apart.

The most important thing of course is getting back on and keeping going, which is exactly what you're doing. Sometimes I think that's the hardest part. But the way of eating really works. It's worth coming back to.

& celeriac chips! I've low carbed a few times (see, I really know about falling off the wagon ;) ) but this time around is the first I've used celeriac and I don't know what I did without it! It makes such a difference! And it's great cut up and roasted in place of potato as Sunday lunch too. I tend to have between 100 and 200g a portion for a max of about 5g carbs.

Cauliflower is about twice the carbs but is also a fantastic potato or rice replacement.

I'll stop rambling at you now. Welcome to the diary section!

Thanks Moonlights, yep, I've read Jims sticky, well, glanced over it! I need to read and re read it til its sunk in. x

Just went over it again! I'm pretty chuffed with myself that I've clambered back up on that waggon! And it makes very good sense. I know its a lifestyle change and I'm happy to crack on with it. Just had a delish cooked bfast of bacon, egg and mushrooms. Nom, nom! x

Hey Ali - welcome! :)

Your carb reactions are all very familiar to us here - but you'll find that low carb keeps you much fuller for longer - yaye :D

Brekkie sounds perfect. Just try to get most of your carbs from leafy greens, and make sure you have lots of butter and oil - and water :)

Yep, lots and lots of water! Im very proud of myself today. We took our parents out for some lunch. We opted to just go to Nandos, I had chicken, obviously, and plain leave salad and drank iced water. No fries, spicey rice, corn on the cob or sweet drinks and certainly no dessert! Get me! Well chuffed! x

Ok, here goes, am up! Walked dogs, had lots of boiled water so far, well, about 4 cups whilst I caught up with ironing. A bit too early for brekkie yet, but will need to eat before school run. x

Hi, not had much to eat at all today! Chicken drumsticks for brekkie and spinach and rocket salad with grilled chicken.
Just so tired!
Early nite, x

Hi Lady Felsham.
Yep, just struggled to eat today, not sure why. Not intentionally cutting right back, just really didnt want to eat. I have a menu plan for the week, I dont like to eat first thing in the morning, usually about 10.30am onwards, which makes me full for lunch and dinner we have between 6.30pm and 7pm. Even if I nibble on some olives, I guess this would be better than nothing! I didnt consciously not eat, but you are right, I need to eat more. x

Hi Boo, found your diary:). Just stick eith it day by day and it will work! Nandos my favourite restaurant nowadays:)

Kat1e said:
Hi Boo, found your diary:). Just stick eith it day by day and it will work! Nandos my favourite restaurant nowadays:)

Thanks chuck! Just scared I aint eating enough, just tucking into breakfast now! x

Hello u!!! thers no getting away from me!!! hahar x

minimemo said:
Hello u!!! thers no getting away from me!!! hahar x

Hee, hee! Missed the giggles today, chuck. Is little un ok? Stuck to things well today, just not in the mood for tea! Or more so, waiting for teenager to clean up the kitchen, Ive been out all day and it was clean this morning. Ive asked politely and been ignored thus far! So, Im sat in garden getting some Whitefield rays! Tallulah was on park with her Dad, he knows hes a cutie, doesnt he? Could write a book about him! Have you got cat jabbed yet? x

very handy!
The automatic diet planner - Swole.me

you can play around with this to sort out a menu!
Copied this from a member it might make it easier for you to make a meal planner? Have a look u might like it !!!!
j x​

No not managed to get him done re-arranged appointment for thursday, and if your gonna go to the trouble of weighing yourself, use your wii as it will be far more accurate, I dont know why I'm telling you, you know already!!!:D
j x

minimemo said:
No not managed to get him done re-arranged appointment for thursday, and if your gonna go to the trouble of weighing yourself, use your wii as it will be far more accurate, I dont know why I'm telling you, you know already!!!:D
j x

Yep, cheers for brew! x

No probs can u talk on here???

Back