Boo's SW Diary - My Story

Day 75 - Sunday 31 July 2011

Hiya everyone, well its been a bit of a funny few days, I've not been feeling too great since yesterday, think my sinuses are really playing up, can't concentrate for too long and head is pounding :(

Well I went for the hospital appointment and realised it was the same ward where my late husband had an opp, it upset me a little because it brought back a lot of memories, Mr Boo was there to hold my hand but when they took my blood pressure it was through the roof! It took 3 attempts before it was anywhere near normal :( should be hearing shortly when its going to be done, I will have to have 2 weeks off of work and I'll have a pair of black eyes to boot! :cool:

Sorry I'm feeling a bit down, I guess its a number of things really - the one good thing is I've stuck to plan, we've got a bbq to go to today although to be honest I really don't feel like it, might have to go for a short while and see how it goes.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, the sun is shiney here, I will most probably not be back on till tomorrow because I think I will go straight to bed when I get back - I think that hospital visit has affected me more than I realise :( Boo xx

Hiya darling, am so sorry you're feeling down hun, big massive hug to you, am glad Mr Boo was there to hold your hand at hospital. I went to see a muscial yesterday (we will rock you) and they sang a song that I listened to none stop when my Mum was ill, I had tears flowing big time, is weird how it's the little things you don't realise that will stir up your emotions. Hope you headache is also easing up and you get to enjoy some of your weekend. Lots of love xx

Oh dear, you are sounding down:(

<<<<<Big Hugs>>>>>

Thanks ginlin :) xx

Hiya darling, am so sorry you're feeling down hun, big massive hug to you, am glad Mr Boo was there to hold your hand at hospital. I went to see a muscial yesterday (we will rock you) and they sang a song that I listened to none stop when my Mum was ill, I had tears flowing big time, is weird how it's the little things you don't realise that will stir up your emotions. Hope you headache is also easing up and you get to enjoy some of your weekend. Lots of love xx

Hiya Lou hun, thanks yes it is strange how things affect you, was the musical good? I've heard it is, I'm still not 100% think I've got some sort of bug :cool: Catch up with you later Boo xx

Sorry to hear u have amigraine. Hugs sweetie xxxxx

Thanks for the hugs Jackie, hope your having a super duper holiday Boo xxx

Oh dear your having a rough few days .. Memories are so powerful . I hope you feel more comfortable tomorrow.. 2 weeks off work ? Do you see that as a little holiday or will there be a lot of catching upi to do ?

Hiya dmboanas, ah I wish 2 weeks, no only 1 but its nice to relax :) Its a mixture of relaxing and tackling the bedroom lol Catch up with you later Boo xx

Day 76 - Monday 1 August 2011

Good morning everyone!

Well still not feeling 100% today, it must be some sort of bug :eek: I've got a doctors appointment this morning to check my blood pressure.

I'm still on plan, I think its become a way of life for both of us. When we went up the hospital on Friday we both resisted the fish and chips and all the other lovely food and stuck to jacket potato and beans.

Mr Boo has perfected the kfc chicken recipe it is lush, we had some on Saturday night with rice and salad, yum! The bbq yesterday over my mums was great, she made homemade sw friendly burgers and chicken kebabs which were lovely, so sticking to plan was easy, Mr Boo made a garlic, cucumber and yogurt dip which we had on a jacket potato it was bloomin lovely! :D:D

Today is a relaxing day other than popping down the supermarket to get a couple of bits, weigh in tomorrow, would dearly love to get my club 10 - but we will see how it goes.

Right I'm off to visit some diaries, catch up with everyone later Boo xxx

Take it easy today Boo, and I am sure that you will be right as rain in no time!

Good luck for WI tomorrow, and I'm sure the Club 10 will be yours xx

Take it easy today Boo, and I am sure that you will be right as rain in no time!

Good luck for WI tomorrow, and I'm sure the Club 10 will be yours xx

Thanks ginlin hun :D Boo xxxx

Its a warm day today so I'm sitting here in my shorts! I popped along to the docs this morning and his upped my blood pressure meds up a little so hopefully that will do the job. I also gave in and bought some sudafed for my sinus headache, its helped quite a bit actually so I'm pleased.

Afterwards I drove over to Tescos and had a look round, bought a couple of bits and realised how much more expensive it is in there! Think I'll stay with Asdas and Aldi's had a look to see if they had the new mullers in there but no luck so I ended up buying the Irish Diet Yogurts I think they are syn free but I will have a look up somewhere.

Mr Boo did a lovely lunch for us both which the boys had super noodles! It was backed beef tomatoes cut in half with the middle scouped out and an egg put in each half, it was deicious! We had it with some bacon, it's definately filled a hole!

Still not feeling 100% - I had a horrible dream last night too which didn't help. :rolleyes:

Today I'm just putting my feet up and letting the world go by the two dogs are by my feet and I'm watching a film while typing this, pure bliss, well it would be bliss if I could have a very large bar of chocolate to eat and a ice cold beer would go down great too lol but I'll settle for my sugar free squash and apple :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day Boo xxx

Afternoon Boo,
The Irish diet yoghurts are free, and I much prefer them to mullers, which I am not a lover of.
Lunch sounds delicious, I've seen a picture of this on the website, but never tried it.
Enjoy your restful afternoon x

The Irish Diet yoghurts are really thick and lovely.. I think there are loads of free yoghurts nicer than Muller.. You might be feeling a bit off still but your day sounds relaxing.. By the way can I borrow Mr Boo !!! What is th KFC chicken you do? Ive never had the real thing but what you had sounds interesting. Hope to continue to feel better tomorrow.
Diana

Hi Boo, sorry to hear you're still not feeling great :( Hopefully the change in your BP meds and the sudafed will do the trick!

The Irish diet yogurts are gorgeous, nicer than the mullers although I can't wait to try the new coconut flavour I must say.

I hope you have a nice relaxing day tomorrow and that you are feeling better soon. Very best of luck for WI tomorrow and your club10 award, I'll pop by tomorrow to see how you get on.

Becky x

Day 77 - Tuesday 2 August 2011

Thanks girlies, those irish yogurts are lovely! Much nicer than the mullers! Still not 100% but feeling better than yesterday.

Right the kfc chicken the Mr Boo way is as follows;-

4 pieces of chicken quarters skin removed (meh!)
3 slices of toasted wholemeal (small loaf) bread
2 tbps rajah chicken seasoning
1 tsp mixed herbs
3/4 tsp mild chilli powder

Blitz toasted bread in a food processor, add chicken seasoning, mixed herbs and chilli powder, blitz again. Take 2 large bowls in one bowl beat 3 eggs in the other bowl place the breadcrumb mixture, dip the chicken in the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture, then bake in the oven gas mark 2 for 1 1/2 hours on a baking tray - yum!

Its weigh-in day today! Not sure what we are doing today, got to get the bedroom done at some point and hopefully we will be having a day in London this week if we can.

Breakfast today was porridge with blueberrys again with a tsp of sweetner, yum! Not sure what we've got for lunch, but definately got kfc chicken tonight!

Although it rained hard about an hour ago the sun is out again! Might go for a lovely walk with the dogs.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day Boo xx

Glad you're on the mend Boo, and good luck with WI, then we can celebrate our Club 10's together xxx

Well girlies, I've been to class and lost 4.1/2 lb!!! I'm so pleased, I really don't know how I did it, but I've got a massive grin on my face lol

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening Boo xxx

4.5lb off! Boo that's fantastic, well done :D

So club 10 and SOTW tonight and 2 stone award next week I think hehe.

You are doing so well, congratulations :) x x

OMG that's a massive loss. Well done Boo :D:):D:)

Back