Booze!

Jupiter

I'm reading and rereading my Atkins book and it says that gin, whiskey, vodka etc have NIL net carbs?? Does this mean I could have some.....for free!?!?
Wine is my real favourite but if the spirits come for free I could be tempted! What are your thoughts there?

Yep nil carbs in clear spirits, just make sure any mixers are diet ones.

Dry wines are good too but do contain some carbs. I've had most of my Atkins journey sponsored by red wine! x

LOL! Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but spirits are zero carbs. They are also totally empty calories though - so worth watching for the first while - your body will metabolise alcohol in preference to fat, it's easier, but that then halts the fat-burning process.

[She says hypocritically in a holier-than-thou way (drank vodka from day 1!!!!)]

Aye, how's that gin going down Susie? ;)

Absolutely trolleyed - I'm trying to concentrate on a long haired woman talking about Pompeii - but hiccuping and wishing to listen to Kylie

Some people manage really well drinking on Atkins but even just sticking to spirit and diet mixer I find that my weight goes up by a couple of pounds - not that it stops me though - just cut down during the week to allow for the weekends :D

Absolutely trolleyed - I'm trying to concentrate on a long haired woman talking about Pompeii - but hiccuping and wishing to listen to Kylie

RESULT!!! Here's wishing you a great night's sleep with no sore ribs or sore ankle to keep you awake pet.

jupitor, i do feel the need to apologize for these naughty girls (whispers...now girls, behave!) they mean well, their advise is good, it's just sometimes, well, they get a bit carried away, you know, a bit ...naughty....they can't help it, it's the alcohol talking.....

i did atkins about 3 years ago b4 i was successful on lipotrim and i lost 2.5 stone on atkins, every friday/ saturday i would go out with the girls most weekends while on atkins and drank either gin an slim line tonic or vodka and soda water with a slice of lemon and i still lost 2.5 stone in 4 months, good luck xx

I'm a dry red man myself J, enjoy :D

I'm trying to concentrate on a long haired woman talking about Pompeii - but hiccuping and wishing to listen to Kylie

Back