BopKatie: Round 2

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a hassle with the job, Katie. Hope you will be started soon, fingers crossed! xx

Hello everyone :)

I have good news that yay I shall actually be starting work on Monday! Hurrah! As well as that I have also confirmed my interview to be a Samaritans telephone volunteer and also had training and done a course in fire safety and moving and handling as well as my CRB check so that I can volunteer in a dementia and residential home near to me. I spent a while helping my mum care for my disabled dad and I found it so rewarding that I wanted to continue doing something to give back to the community up here :) It also means that when it comes to doing my medical school application I will have experience working with 'patients' and the Samaritans which shows a compassionate nature necessary for being a doctor!

In other news I had a letter through from the hospital; I went to the doctors last week and had to have some rather unpleasant tests done (which resulted in me vomiting all over the surgery as well as very nearly passing out there, which was mortifying) but I have to go for an ultrasound (not pregnant!) to see if they can find out what is wrong with me, there's a possibility it may be cysts or something more, so nervously awaiting that date to roll around so that it gets it over and done with!!!

Food plan for today

Breakfast - syn free rice pudding with tsp chocolate spread (1 tbsp s 4 syns so i'll call it 2 syns)

Lunch - was out and had something horribly synful! Not even sure what the syns would be but I reckon about 20

Dinner - Homemade cheese stuffed burgers (HexA) with wedges, cauliflower and carrots

Katie xxx

Woohooo, great news about the job and the volunteering!! :party0011: xx

Hello everyone :)

I officially started work today.... Yay it was fab :) People are lovely and I can't wait to get started properly as today was just training.

I also got a new phone yesterday, not quite the 5 but got the iPhone 4S on 3 and I adore it, the best phone I've ever had!!!!

Just sat at the Samaritans now having had my interview to become a telephone listener. Just waiting for the fella (who also got a part time job today alongside uni) who is having his interview at the mo. really hope I get selected as a volunteer. It was quite a hard interview emotion wise and I would love the opportunity to get to do the training involved and help people with their problems :)

Food has been a bit of a nightmare recently :( but trying to get back into it just had a lot on my plate at the mo!!!

Hope you're all okay and I shall be round to catch up with diaries soon

Katie zxx

Morning everyone :)

Just to report I have joined a slimming world class now :) the anchorsholme group in Blackpool and its fab, I'm feeling so motivated already.

I've made some sensible choices, I have has my first week at work this week and started off drinking loads of tea which is okay if I measured milk but its hard to here as we share milk. So I brought in my green tea with mango to drink today :) I also brought in hi if light bars so by the time I'm having my afternoon lull I can have one of those!!!

Work has gone really really well :) I love the place, the people and the work and as a bonus I got paid today!!!

Food plan for the day;

Breakfast; 1/4 melon and rhubarb miller light
Lunch; homemade soup (butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot and red pepper), fruit salad (banana melon and grapes) skips (5 syns) 2 hi fi bars (HExB)

Dinner - eating at my friends house so not sure what it will be bit I'm going to say the rest of my daily syns.

Katie xxxx

Wow, well done!! That's a fantastic loss :D xx

You've dissappeared again :( Hope this is just a sign that work is going well and you are super busy! Missing you xx

Back