BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Back to normal now thanks. Not in any desperate rush to have the tea again. Won't be trying it when I need to work, that's for sure :). Back to the pico perles for now :)

Another 0.4lbs off this am. 13st 6.6lbs. Need 0.6lbs off by tomorrow am to make my 4 stone target. You never know! Definitely back to reality after my mega first week post Xmas loss but at least I know I'm losing real fat this week as I'm below where I got to before Xmas :). Reckon we've had similar experiences Maka.

Yeah, that's true BG. Back to reality for us snails in the race all right!. But we'll get there hun x

Oh no miss,that is not nice!there was me praising it and u have cramps :( it's what helps me the best on this diet!

Hope ur better soon x

Oh Slimatee..I used that myself last year, made the mistake of having a cup at night and one in the morning, was so badly caught short just after lunch at work I had to call my mum to give me a lift home as the train just wasn't an option!!!!

Perles for me!

So embarrassing...TMI!..lol

Ha Sally! I'm glad mine wasn't quite that bad. I did consider 2 cups but decided against luckily and I'm back on the perles as of today :)

Woo hoo! Made it over 4 stone at last at WI this am! Down to 13st 5.2lbs meaning I have less than 2 stone to go now. Total for this week -3.4 pounds so I'm happy, happy, happy! :) :) :)

13s!!!!!!!! Oh, that's absolutely fantastic news BG! I'm truly happy for you. Hopefully, I'll hit 14 before this month ends...I'm crawling towards you...looool x

Yay well done not long to go now :) x

Well done BG, what an inspiration you are! You must be wowing people around you with that incredible weight loss....AND less that 2 stones to goal!!

Congratulations and good luck on the next phase of your weight loss journey.

omg hun that is sooooo good, you really are an inspiration to all of us, you are never too far away to help people, give brilliant advice about this way of eating and i thank you so much for that as i wouldnt be able to stay on track without your help and lovely encouragement along the way, you really do deserve to do well xxxx

Really motivated today by this weeks's WI result to get to goal.

I gave one of my truffa bars to my LL friend at work yesterday afternoon as she was having a meltdown and was about to hit the vending machine for a Mars bar. She repaid me this am with a LL toffee bar and I've been obsessing about eating it all morning as it was something new :). Lunchtime now and eating it. Quite nice and bigger than the S&S bars but more calories. Enjoying the taste of something different.

Had a hot vanilla shake / coffee this am too, made up like someone suggested on here. I hadn't had a hot shake at work since I blew the lid off the shaker by making it up hot :). Wasn't bad and made a change. Back to reality tonight as no more new things to try tonight :).

I can only imagine the thrill BG, of only having two stones to loose. As others have said the inspiration comes from the fact that you don't give up and that means that I shouldn't either! (I've just shifted a tiny bit after a week of staying the same, so I share your joy today!)

Believe me girls I am so rubbish at doing 'normal' diets but I can do this one as I can stick to the rules. Anything where choice is involved and I seem to manage to derail myself but as choice is removed I find it easier, and despite being a slow loser the losses are still really motivating. Also, because it takes effort to get into ketosis there is no way I would put that at risk by having the wrong things on a whim. It's another thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I'm really motivated now because I can see my goal in sight but it's also more difficult now as a. the losses are less than when I was heavier and b. because I have lost 2 thirds of the weight I have a little voice in the back of my head saying that I have got to where I feel comfortable and don't need to lose the rest. But I do want to get down to goal and be able to wear clothes that show areas of my body that I only feel comfortable being covered at the moment. Wearing flattering clothes that cover me is one thing, wearing clothes that show flesh like shorts or vest tops in the summer whilst on holiday are quite another and I definitely don't feel able to do that currently. I'm not going to be wearing crop tops or anything of that nature but feeling comfortable in shorts would be nice. And anyway I have stacks of clothes in my goal weight size ready and waiting :)

What I did last time when I had 2 stone to go (after losing 5 stone in 4 months on LT - big losses never to be seen again by me but may be achievable for some of you) was to decide to start refeeding with 2 stone left. I was still losing weight but it took me another 7 months to shift the remaining 2 stone. I don't want it to take anywhere near that long this time so will keep on plan and see if I can shift most of it by Easter. That's the current plan anyway :). I'm still in obese 1 at the moment (9lbs to go to be overweight) but I actually 'feel' overweight now rather than obese (if that makes sense). I'm not really one for charts, as it's how I feel not how much I weigh. Anyway, I'm far too old to be a skinny mini these days so will be quite happy just above BMI normal I think. Decide for sure when I get there.

I loved your post BG and it makes so much sense - thats the problem with me I go to Scottish Slimmers or whatever, lose a couple of stone and think 'oh this is easy', get complacent, fall off plan and stop going!!

I NEED to keep it up this time. But really I'm just taking it one day at a time as it all seems very unreal.

You are keeping us going so you're doing great!!
xx

BG"because I have lost 2 thirds of the weight I have a little voice in the back of my head saying that I have got to where I feel comfortable and don't need to lose the rest."

Thank you for mentioning this BG. It's exactly my experience and although I'm much further from goal than you, I do the same thing. My self-destruct button is directly linked (WAS directly linked) to people remarking on my weight loss and 'gosh, haven't you done well'. That was almost code for me to start feeling self satisfied and that led to the take away menu drawer, just for a treat..... NOoooo! Today, someone told me I was starting to look 'normal' size-wise. A well meaning friend who is genuinely pleased at my progress. Her first language isn't English and she went to great lengths to explain it was a compliment!!!!! BUT, I'm still very overweight, I'm NOT in the normal range and thankfully, I know this, took the compliment and mixed my next sachet...Hurray for me and thank you BG for reminding me of that horrid little SD button!!!

Last edited:
It's a constant battle isn't it :). We just need to stay focused and keep on plan because the time really does fly when you look back. I can't believe that I started this last August and here I am still slogging away :). It seems like only yesterday that I had my first pack. Can't even remember what my first pack was actually but it would have been a shake I think.

I was STS this am but I'm fine with that as I had a really good loss the day before. Trying for 2.6lbs this week because that's halfway towards 'into the 12s' which is my next goal and I'd like to get there in 2 weeks if I can. We shall see. Keep shaking everyone :)

Last edited:
Back