BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

you are doing brilliant hun and yes def an inspiration, when i joined WW at the beginning of this journey(july last year) i weighed 18st 7lb im 5ft 4 and they said my goal weight should be 10st 7lb i was like omg im 43 yrs old i wont ever get to that! so far ive lost 4st 9lb and already people are saying i dont need to lose another 3 and a half stone so who knows what im supposed to be, i remember years ago (actually 20 odd lol) i was just under 12 st and thought i looked ok so i suppose ill know then how ill feel about carrying on once i get to that weight xxx

Who knows what we're really meant to weigh. I'm just getting to where I will be comfortable in my own skin. If that's in the overweight BMI category then so be it.

Down a tiny bit this am, 0.2lbs, but as I was fully expecting a STS I'll take it :). 25 pounds to go exactly. If I average 2lbs a week that's about 12 weeks to go with any luck.

On any other diet I'd say 2lbs a week, ooohhh, not sure you can consistently get that, but on this I am sure you can! Well done and glad you can now turn the next lb green on your sig xxxx

BordersGirl i agree with TaraTeal with this plan i think you can def get there in 12 weeks x

Im planning on an average of 2lb a week great if its more need to work harder if its less,

But anything off is a good thing x

Yeah, on a 'normal' diet I'm sure I couldn't average 2lbs a week but on this one I feel like that's achievable. I've lost 2lbs this week already with a couple of days to go. I'm not sure how much my losses will slow down as I approach goal but we shall see when I get there. Current plan is to stay 100% until Easter, have a break at Easter and then get back on to lose Easter gain plus anything remaining. Easter is being treated as a holiday so I have no expectations of maintaining for that period. Time enough for that later on.

I'm now addicted to hot vanilla / coffee shakes. I wasn't overly keen on the vanilla ones but now that I've found a way of making them up hot at work with coffee added it makes a nice creamy coffee. Yum! I thought that I might have a load of vanilla shakes left over but at this rate I'll run out and it will be the strawberry / banana ones I have left.

How do you make those up BG? I like the Vanilla but a creamy coffee would be fab. I began the VLCD with Kee Diet which allows caffeinated coffee, though I've limited that to a mug in the morning. But to make it creamier would be great. As it's perked, could I just stir in a spoonful or two of the mix? Does that work?

I think people do use a spoon or 2 of the vanilla as 'milk' for coffee. I make the whole lot up though so mix 150ml cold water and 100ml hot water to get warm. Add shake and shake (cold added as you can't shake hot shakes without an explosion!). Add 2 expresso coffees from the machine at work, top up to 600ml with hot water and stir. Drink straightaway. I really like that!

From being in love with the strawberry and banana shakes I want a vanilla coffee one every day now! :). I don't suppose strawberry or banana taste that good hot? What about chocolate, anyone tried that hot with or without coffee, or maybe caramel?

ive only ever had the vanilla hot with coffee in, and im like you i thought i would be on strawberry and banana milkshakes til i got to goal lol its great how much easier this diet is now with the extra variety xx

Up until I try the vanilla/coffee shake in the morning, I've only ever had the shakes cold. Must admit I've been having porridge and soups all this week as it's unusually cold this week. Not great weather for a chilled shake.

I added vanilla shake to coffee and it was nice, I am not one for drinking hot drinks or coffee but I have been trying to look for inventive ways to get rid of my vanilla packs! x

I might try the chocolate one hot with coffee and make it up like a mocha. Someone at work looked at my vanilla coffee shake made up today and said "that looks appetising" with a grimace on his face but to me it was heaven :)

hahaha lol Thats what my OH did, he actually recoilled in horror when I showed him it in the cup! I am going to order a few choccy ones to try with coffee on my next order me thinks. Quite like the idea of a nice mocha, you will have to let us know how it tastes xxx

I am having both the choc and caramel ones hot as don't fancy them cold. The choc crisp one I have cold tho xxx

Well unless there are any choc shakes at work I won't be trying the mocha as I have no choc shakes left it seems. I didn't order stacks as I wasn't the greatest fan.

Cheese caught up with me this am :). Up a little but WI is tomorrow so with any luck I'll lose that little bit without sabotaging the week entirely. See you can cheat but it does catch up with you and impact your losses. With any luck I'll get back to -2lbs or I'll feel a bit p****d off with myself!

When did you have the cheese?! I must have missed that!! lol naughty girl!! (I have had a miniscule piece twice since starting!)

I'm sure it can't have done that much damage - here's to a good loss by the weekend xx

I had some cheese and 4 cherry tomatoes on Sunday when I was struggling. We had some thread that somehow turned into a what cheese do we like question and I had to have some. I'm not too worried actually as I've 'cheated' hardly at all since starting so I'm not going to worry about it unless I can't stop myself going forward. It was less than having a 4th pack I should think in the great scheme of things. BUT a note to self that it will affect my losses. A couple of slices of cheese and 4 tiny tomatoes is not the sort of sabotage I'd have done before which would have been based around a whole packet of biscuits or similar.

So I did have 2 choc shakes at work so made up the hot mocha shake. It was nay bad as they say in Scotland but I prefer the vanilla one I think.

Back