BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

I'm overweight and no longer obese!! :)

Wed 12st 13.8 (at WI)
Thurs 12st 13.2
Fri 12st 13.0
Sat 12st 12.0
Sun 12st 12.0
Mon 12st 11.4

-2.4 so far this week so over my 2lb per week target but the best news is that I'm 'only' overweight. So under BMI 30, woo hoo! That's not worth celebrating you might think but when you start out at BMI over 40 and thus morbidly obese it's great to be out of all of the obese categories. I'm not expecting to hit BMI 25 before I get to what will be my maintenance weight as I think I'll feel perfectly fine at 11 and a half stone but I'll assess the situation when I get there as I still don't know how I'll feel then.

congratulations!

when my mum was "target" weight they tool her in for checks she looked so ill.. very wise to wait and see!

I hope to stay on here when I'm at target to try to keep me straight, although I may not be on as much. I use this forum as a big distraction when I'm home as it keeps me from thinking about the fridge :). In theory that won't be needed as much when I'm back on proper food.

BG, well done. I can totally relate to what you are saying - it is fantastic to be out of obese. You will know yourself how 'low' you need to go.

Now that I am within a stone of 'normal', I think I know that I need to go a bit lower than the high end of normal. It's such a huge variation though - I think for a 5'3'' female, 'normal' is between 7st 7 lbs and 10st.

It will be a similar sort of variation with your height too, but I always think that it's how you feel in your own clothes that matters.

Well done, once again.:D

According to the charts 'normal' for my height is between 8 stone and 10 stone 10. When I was in my early 20s I was 8 and a half stone (God alone knows how I managed to weigh twice as much as that over the years). I may be able to get to the top end of normal but I worry about the wrinkle factor as I'm not as young as I used to be, plus whether I could maintain at that weight. So I'm going to get to 11 and a half stone and then assess how I feel. In all honesty I feel like I could go on this diet for longer as I'm really not finding it that difficult at all.

I should technically be 9-10 stone but when i was this weight and a size 8-10 everyone said i looked like a bag of bones and like i needed a good meal :( my mum thought i looked slim and great...

Its great that you don't find it difficult, I must say, as time is going on, I have battled with cravings at times etc But overall I am finding it easy too, there are so many positives aside from the weight loss. My goal for after the wedding (may come back onto s&s) is to get to 11stone (ish) I think it's all about reaching that certain weight and asessing how you look/feel etc.

Was just thinking a min ago, we could have a s&s hall of fame, you need you need to head it up. Once we all start getting to goal it would be nice to have a sucess thread with photos etc

I should technically be 9-10 stone but when i was this weight and a size 8-10 everyone said i looked like a bag of bones and like i needed a good meal :( my mum thought i looked slim and great...

I am only 5'6 and my ideal is between 8-11 stone on basic height weight chart. But I look quite slim at 12 stone, I couldn't imagine myself at 8-9stone at all. I have a younger sister who was 13stone ish, and lost weight through illness, but has kept it off since, had a baby put some on then lost again. Shes got a curvy shape like me and always had a hourglass figure, shes now 9st and looks frighteningly skinny. Shes also only 5'3, so think theres alot to be said for how you carry your weight, muscle mass, bone structure and frame etc.

I don't have any before pictures but I did try to get into 1 leg of my old trousers today and whilst it was a tight fit I did actually manage it (they were pretty wide legged trousers). :)

I still sometimes crave things but I find that pre diet I would just have given in to the cravings immediately. Now I can ignore the cravings in the knowledge that I don't suddenly keel over due to lack of chocolate or whatever :)

Its great that you don't find it difficult, I must say, as time is going on, I have battled with cravings at times etc But overall I am finding it easy too, there are so many positives aside from the weight loss. My goal for after the wedding (may come back onto s&s) is to get to 11stone (ish) I think it's all about reaching that certain weight and asessing how you look/feel etc.

Was just thinking a min ago, we could have a s&s hall of fame, you need you need to head it up. Once we all start getting to goal it would be nice to have a sucess thread with photos etc

Brill idea Tara re: the hall of fame....that would be such an incentive to peeps;)

A photo of you in one trouser leg if definately something that needs sharing on here!

Ha, I'll do the trouser photo when I get to goal. I nearly bl**dy fell over with both legs stuck down the same trouser leg :D

Wed 12st 13.8 (at WI)
Thurs 12st 13.2
Fri 12st 13.0
Sat 12st 12.0
Sun 12st 12.0 (STS)
Mon 12st 11.4
Tues 12st 11.4 (STS)

WI tomorrow, if I'm lucky I might get a little bit more off. -2.4 off so far this week.

Oooh your weighing in same day as me and OH wooo we are in v. good company then lol.

Mon 12st 11.4
Tues 12st 11.4 (STS)
Wed 12st 10.6 (at WI)

The scales dropped a bit this am at WI and I'm pleased as I've lost 3.2lbs this week :)

Well done BG. Pleased that they are moving again for weigh day!!

Back