BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Mon 12st 10.4
Tues 12st 10.2
Wed 12st 9.8lb
Thurs 12st 9.8lb (STS)
Fri 12st 9.8lb (STS)

I'm like a stuck record. Definitely considering stepping up the calories a bit now but I need to have a decent plan or otherwise I know I'll go awol, so I'm staying with it for now while I decide what to do.

Well I definitely blew it today. I had a 'bo****ks I'm not losing I may as well have more calories today' moment so I had the porridge this am, then a BL berry fudge MRP bar (that was nice BTW - better and different from their strawberry snack bars) for lunch, but then that was followed by a packet of Special K Mini breaks, some cucumber, then 2 cups of coffee with a BL snack bar an hour ago! I'm out of ketosis - I can tell! Oops! :rolleyes: So I just did what I tell people not to do!

I plan to have chicken and veg (peppers, mushrooms) for evening meal and will still have that so calories today are going to be:

Porridge 146, BL bar 202, Mini Breaks 99, Coffees 100, BL snack bar 132, cucumber 20 plus the meal tonight that will be approx 200 calories I think. Total approx 900 calories so not terribly horrendous on the calorie front but stupid to kick myself out of ketosis! So the question is do I have a bit of a break this weekend to get my metabolism (hopefully) moving again or do I get back into ketosis tomorrow. I don't have a hard time of getting into ketosis so it's not a huge deal to be honest if I leave it a few days or not. I'm a pleb :rolleyes:

I say have a break this weekend. You know the foods to eat and the ones to avoid. Then get back into it on Monday and hopefully in 7 days time your scales will be singing at you.

BG

I think you will wake up tomorrow and will know what is right for you to do.

I also know you will follow through and get to goal and stay there. So have a good night's sleep and a great day tomorrow, whatever it holds.

Ali

i love how you call 900 calories blowing it , on my bad days i have double that

id say do the same for the next couple of days , you know full well that you will gain 2 or 3 lbs maybe , but its all water , i think you need a metabolism kick , you are so good at this diet your body is rebelling

but only you know what is right for you and you will make the right decision , i do think sometimes a little break gives you new motivation too

I think you seem like you're in a good place and can take a 'controlled break' which might even do you some good. But it is only you who knows what is best for you.
The fact you are thinking about it and making an informed decision is a great thing! Good luck whatever you decide to do!

I was going to have curry tonight as OH made some and he made 2 portions intending to freeze the second portion. His was using a thick balti sauce and complete with rice and naan. Thought about it, decided to leave the rice and naan and just have the curry but couldn't do it as I knew how many calories there would be in that curry sauce. So I made my own curry with my 100g chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, a bit of onion and courgette. Stir fried in 2 teaspoons of Balti paste and it was lovely and filling. Possibly 300 calories I think? Pre diet I would have had the calorific balti curry, rice and naan plus alcohol. So I'm going to up the calories a bit this weekend but not go mad and go back to it on Monday.

Have a great weekend. Keep posting your sensible choices.

I did chicken curry for Mr A tonight. A frozen portion jazzed up with some ground almonds to thicken the sauce, plus dahl and basmati rice. I had an ommlette (from a sachet) with spring onion tops and some swede within my allowance. Not quite as lovely as Mr A's supper - but hot and acceptable. I also made him plum crumble ......He'll be eating it for a few days!

Ali

Well done on choosing the healthier option. Hopefully a wee break will kickstart your losses again xo

Sent by Cupcake using HTC

Good plan BG, hope you have a lovely weekend, you can really tell that after being on plan for all this time now, your attitude towards food is a healthy one. I hope to be like that when I am further down the line, you're actually thinking about what's in the food etc. Good luck and I hope this works for you xxx

Have a lovely weekend BG, enjoy your food and don't be hard on yourself. I be after having this short break you will have a big loss. Giza has just done a week of the 810 plan and still lost weight so 900 cals is nothing at all. You really are an inspiration so please give yourself a break :-D xxx

Well done Borders girl on staying in control. I am not sure I am there yet but your posts give me hope and ideas. So thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks girls! Not too terrible this morning but going to up the calories to something more around 1000ish for this weekend so that do give my metabolism a boost rather than hitting it with a piece of damp lettuce. So this morning I've had a bowl of porridge oats made with water and a BL snack bar, approx 270 calories so far. Not feeling hungry at all yet and need to go out soon so lunch will be later today :).

Porridge feels me up loads is a low gl food to I have mine with s grated apple to sweeten it and a spoon of seeds mmmm lovely

Yes I think your body will definately benefit from this

BG, I too laughed at how you 'blew it'! If 900 cals was your idea of a bender, you will be forever slim girl..!!

Seriously though, I hope the weekend goes well for you, your sensible choices are very good and keeping everything fairly low GI is definately the way forward. Really hope it gives your metabolism a kick start and your weight losses are boosted next week.

well done BG I hope I can do as well as you have and your right about going by how you feel rather that what people tell you you should be.

Back