BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Ha, I hope so Kira, although sometimes I think the last bit will never shift :). Just got to keep plugging away I guess!

Hello again BG, just catching up on your diary. I see you have re-assessed you set your target lower. I did the same myself as began to creep towards the normal BMI range. Not there yet of course, it's slow, slow, slow for me now!

I know because I am still not comfortable in a size 14 top, that the BMI of 25 is not low enough for my body shape. Pity really as I have only got 4lbs to go, but I have to be realisitic. You have done so well so far that I don't think the lower target will phase you. You might as well go for the shape at which you feel comfortable and then you will know you have reached your own target and that is the one which you will strive to retain.

Good luck in the very last stage of your weight loss journey and stay around for the re-feeding and maintaining (we need you!!!).

BG it will shift, it's just gets slower becaue those wretched little adipose b****'s are clinging on for dear life!!

I totally get what Frannie says about bodyshape and size not being quite right even if one's BMI is 25. Even when my BMI is 24 I am in actual fact still *fat* as the extra fat is still on my hips tum and bum!! Had this discussion with Spangles as she looks so much slimmer than I currently am yet weight wise I am still about 3 stones lighter than her and heightwise Spangles is an inch taller than me.

Hope you both have a great day today and look forward to catching up how you do getting rid of that last bit!

Thanks Frannie and Kira! Unless a miracle happens by tomorrow am I'm actually 0.6lbs up on last week somehow. Not quite sure why but I'm taking a break on Thursday for Easter and restarting the following Wednesday. I'm not going to stress about anything though as I know that whatever I put on over Easter I'll lose the next week and hopefully it will wake up my metabolism a bit too :)

That sounds like a plan, BG. Have a great Easter and see you the other side!

BordersGirl said:
Thanks Frannie and Kira! Unless a miracle happens by tomorrow am I'm actually 0.6lbs up on last week somehow. Not quite sure why but I'm taking a break on Thursday for Easter and restarting the following Wednesday. I'm not going to stress about anything though as I know that whatever I put on over Easter I'll lose the next week and hopefully it will wake up my metabolism a bit too :)

Hi BG when you take a break from the diet what sort of things would you have?

Wine! ;). I will have anything I want to be honest as I treat my proper breaks as a holiday (I've had 3 since I started). We're having roast lamb for Easter and I've ordered some salmon, new potatoes and smoked mackerel as I like that for lunch. I'm having a curry one day with naan but not rice. Not sure about the other days yet. I may track my food in MFP if I can be bothered with it but I don't suppose it'll make good reading. I stress that this is treated as a holiday though, not a maintenance plan!

BordersGirl said:
Wine! ;). I will have anything I want to be honest as I treat my proper breaks as a holiday (I've had 3 since I started). We're having roast lamb for Easter and I've ordered some salmon, new potatoes and smoked mackerel as I like that for lunch. I'm having a curry one day with naan but not rice. Not sure about the other days yet. I may track my food in MFP if I can be bothered with it but I don't suppose it'll make good reading. I stress that this is treated as a holiday though, not a maintenance plan!

Jus wondering. We're away from fri to tues so was going to do 2pks & join in the dinner meals but then its hubbys birthday tomorrow so was going to make a nice dinner for him & me. Im in teo minds as to either do the 2pks or to take a healthy break for a week as next week im the only one in work and we wont be away in the caravan til 1st weekend in march. I dont want to waste packs but scared of undoing the work ive done so far.

It all depends on your mindset really to be honest. I'm overdue my 12 week break (I haven't had a break since New Year) and I always intended to have a break at Easter. I like to take a complete break during that time a. to get things out of my system in terms of foods that I have missed having, and b. to shake up my metabolism. I know that I can get back on track afterwards as I've done it twice before but I know that many people do struggle to get back on track again so you have to decide what it's going to be like for you and whether you want to have a complete break. I accept that I will gain weight coming out of ketosis (approx half a stone) and it will take me a further week to get back to where I left off and if that's not for you then maybe you shouldn't have a break but if you're fine with that then maybe that's what you should do.

BG question for you if you don't mind. I started on my SnS today and had 1 lemon bar, 1 Tom chilli(silver pack), 1 cottage pie and 1 chilli con carne (white pack). Also 100g broccoli. I just can't work out if having certain combinations take me over 60g of carbs? I appreciate with the low calories I'd still lose weight but I'd prefer to remain in ketosis is possible as I know it helps with not feeling hungry through I know from experience not necessarily always the case!

Any tips welcome and helpful!

Kira said:
BG question for you if you don't mind. I started on my SnS today and had 1 lemon bar, 1 Tom chilli(silver pack), 1 cottage pie and 1 chilli con carne (white pack). Also 100g broccoli. I just can't work out if having certain combinations take me over 60g of carbs? I appreciate with the low calories I'd still lose weight but I'd prefer to remain in ketosis is possible as I know it helps with not feeling hungry through I know from experience not necessarily always the case!

Any tips welcome and helpful!

The nutritional information can be found at the link below so you can add up the carbs. Alternatively yu cold use My Fitness Pal and it will add them for you.

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-nutritional-information.html

Yes, I'm with Weasey. I use MFP to log everything. The S&S packs are on there although make sure you select the ones with the carbs in them as some didn't have the carb content in them. 60g is my own goal by the way, not the S&S goal.

Thanks ladies! I found the info on the sheet they sent me! I recall 60g being what Atkins says to keep carbs at in order to remain in ketosis so that amount probably makes sense.

I saw an 11 on the scales this morning!

So this morning I got a shock - I saw an 11 on the scales at WI! To be honest I didn't really believe it so had to get back on again just to check. Since WI last Wed I have consistently weighed 0.6lbs heavier ALL WEEK so I wasn't really expecting a decent loss this am, but for some reason I managed an overnight drop to 11st 13.6lbs making a total of 2lbs lost this week. I'm absolutely delighted with that! The drop will be a little short lived to be honest as I'm taking a break from tomorrow for Easter and it will be my first proper break since New Year and as it's over 12 weeks this is my time to sample all of the things I've been missing and get them out of my system ready to start back on the Wed after Easter when I return to work. A gain of 7lbs is expected and accepted as I'm not doing a proper refeed and will come straight out of ketosis with some (real!) porridge for breakfast.

In other news I had the Look What We Found meatballs tonight and thought they were really nice. Nicer than the beef in ale that I tried last week. I should have prepared some more veg to add to it (only added some mushrooms) but with more veg next time it will be a tasty meal and lowish cal / carb (but not VLCD levels of cals).

Elsewhere I found a down side of losing weight. I bashed my leg big time tonight and found that parts of my body that were previously covered with a layer of soft fat and flesh are now much more bony and when you bash your leg straight on the bone it hurts like f... Ouch!

Well done BG on seeing an 11. Enjoy your much deserved break! I am sure the 11 will come right back when you get back on it after your break. You've done really well BG and you are an inspiration to us all. xx

wohoooo great feeling isnt it! well done huni :)

Hi BG. Well done on the 11. Have a good (wine filled) break over Easter. It shouldnt take long to get back on track and see it again! Its not going to feel so ellusive now!! Have fun!

Back