BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Another week over, another WI. I lost 1lb this week and I'm delighted with that as it means that I hit the 150s and that I am in single figures in terms of 'weight to lose'. So 11 stone 5.6lbs and goal is 10 stone 10lbs (aka BMI 25) and 1.6 BMI points to go. Slowly but surely getting there. In fact I'd be delighted if I can lose a pound a week on my stepped up plan.

Oh well done BG for sticking to it. Can't wait to have just single digit numbers to lose too....it's taking so long now and I wish I could convince myself to be okay with slower loses. Am running out of distractions to keep me away from falling off the wagon and I reckon my OH will kill me when he see this month's credit card bill...kikikikikikikiki!

Stay with it Maka. I know it's hard when the scales move so slowly but you will get there just as I know that I will. Anyway, what are you going to do instead? That's pretty much what keeps me going, although I am refeeding now (so sort of add a meal every day at the mo).

I laughed at the vision of your hubby and the credit card tho :D.

I'm feeling a bit red-faced now cos after moaning, I had a sudden wooosh and I'm now 9lbs away from goal :D
You have no idea how much your experience has been my 'lifeline' - just knowing that there's someone else who knows exactly how it feels to be doing all the right things and yet lose way more slowly than everybody else.
But hey....we're almost there BG. Incredible!
Now let's get that Century Badge hun xxx

Good news Maka, and my scales decided to punish me this am and I'm back to 10lbs to go :). Not sure what they are punishing me for mind as I haven't gone over my weekend target, but hey.

Hi x think I'm going to be a slow loser but I have to agree that your diary is a real inspiration x

Fab you are on the move Maka. I just got my century badge today. I've been more motivated by clothing sizes (from 26/28-16/14)- but it felt amazing to get that badge and see it on my profile.

I know this is the 'easy' bit as we need to establish new normal ways of living to manitain - but, goodness me, it's an AMAZING start - we can do this!

Good news Maka, and my scales decided to punish me this am and I'm back to 10lbs to go :). Not sure what they are punishing me for mind as I haven't gone over my weekend target, but hey.

Thanks BG. Bet it's "water issues" that are causing the fluctuations. I am a daily weigher and I've noticed that eversince I've got to about 1.5st away from goal, the up and down's crazy. I reckon our bodies just want to hold on to that "one last bit" just as badly as we want to get rid of it x

So I was down to 11st 4.4lbs this am at WI meaning I lost 1.2lbs this week. More than happy with that as with my new 800 / 1000 regime and nearly at goal I'm not expecting more these days. It also means that I have 8.4lbs to go so in theory I should be about 8 weeks away. Might even be in the 10s before my holiday at this rate and I haven't seen the 10s for like a million years :). So the plan is to stay on the diet until my holiday in August, have a break for a couple of weeks when I'm on holiday, and then deal with getting rid of the associated gain and getting to goal when I get back.

Still loving soya yoghurt, and finding this diet quite easy to follow. Not wavering one bit at the moment which gives me confidence that I will reach my goal.

Last edited:
Yay! Well done you!

fabulous achievement and inspiration well done x

Not a good WI this am :(. I was UP 1.4lbs for no apparent reason. No new foods introduced really, and I kept to my refeeding target of 800 - 1000 calories each day so I didn't exactly go overboard! Anyway, there is nothing I can do if my body doesn't play ball, I just have to stick with it until it decides to let go of the last bit of weight. In the meantime however I'm damned whether I'm going to increase the weight on my ticker / stats. I damn well got to that weight last week and I will get back to it soon I hope :).

So I've been ill the last few days and feeling rubbish so I hit every remedy I had in the cupboard and to hell with the ketosis effect. The cough syrup in particular (I've been coughing my lungs up all night) is full of sugar so I can safely say that I'm well and truly out of ketosis. And yesterday it was the leaving lunch of someone at work and also seeing a friend for the first time since she got married. My order of cajun chicken burger arrived and I had intended just to eat the chicken breast and salad and leave the bun and chips. Ended up eating all of the chips and a third of the bun :). And then a piece of my friend's wedding cake with coffee. All in all I had over 1000 calories before I left work but I only had some yoghurt when I got home so I ended up on 1300 calories yesterday so not a disaster. I weighed in at 11st 6.0lbs both yesterday and today. Not sure how much more I will put on having come out of ketosis but we will see.

Decided to have porridge this am since I'm out of ketosis anyway and it's one of the foods I plan to have on my low GL plan when I get to goal. So that's 150 calories so far today and 60g!! of carbs!! I'll just take the weekend as it comes and just calorie count and decide whether to get back into ketosis on Monday or whether to calorie count out of ketosis from now on. Not sure yet. Might just see how things go.

My new shorts arrived in the post this am and they fit beautifully. Now if only it would stop raining ......

Shame you don't feel well. Get well soon!
Hope you get smelly breath back soon! Lol..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back on the refeed track today. Cough is still there but it not as bad and as I feel better I can get through the night without glugging on the cough syrup :). So the damage after the off plan weekend was 11st 8.0lbs. That was with a calorie intake of around 1500 3 days running plus whatever damage the cough syrup was that I couldn't / didn't log. I had 70g of carbs today and 900 calories and pretty much what I having before my short break. If recent off plan events are anything to go by the scales will go up for the next couple of days and then start dropping again (I hope!).

I ordered some sample protein shakes a while back from MyProtein as they are around 100 calories each and very low in carbs. They're not MRPs of course but I fancied trying them to see how they tasted as I would like a quick protein fix to use in maintenance. It was probably around 6 weeks ago that I ordered them but they never turned up. After waiting for almost 2 weeks for them to arrive (I got the dispatched email a couple of hours after ordering) I opened up a query with the company and after a week still hadn't heard anything back from customer services. I chased them twice and still heard nothing. Then I got an email back asking if I still had a problem. Er yes I replied and then heard nothing again so I threatened to report them to Paypal. They eventually replied that my order had apparently gone 'missing' and they would resend it and I would receive it on the Thursday of that week. Thursday came and went, and the following Monday I opened a dispute with Paypal. They then responded again and said that they hadn't been able to complete my order as one of the flavours had been out of stock but if I cancelled the Paypal dispute they could process the order without my missing item and refund me the missing item. No I said as I was fed up with being messed around I would just get a refund from Paypal. Heard nothing more but then suddenly my missing item was back in stock and I would get my delivery. Nothing arrived :( so I escalated the claim for Paypal to resolve. Paypal gave the seller until 4th July to respond but as they didn't Paypal found in my favour and refunded me. It was only £15 but still.

Rather bizarrely I then received an email from them the day after I got my refund and my order was dispatched and arrived today :confused:. Will report back on how they taste. Might not have one straightaway.

In some ways I hope they taste great - in other ways I hope they don't as I'm not sure I fancy going through that ordering process!

Back