Bordom Eating

pingushaz

Hey guys,
have a question for you!!

Ok so i am a major emotional eater, particularly bordom eating. If i am out and about and busy i can not eat food for the whole day and not even give it a second thought.However when im laying at home watching TV or something, i have to eat and eat and eat!
Its clearly boredom and not hunger!
So what is your advice for boredom eating?

Advice for boredom eating...... Keep busy!!!

Honestly, flippant though it may sound, that is the answer. Knit, read, sew, crochet, do puzzles, ironing, get out in the garden, go for a walk, stick an exercise dvd on.

Anything, just keep those hands moving and the mind occupied!

I'm a bugger for this too and it's especially hard on weeks when I can't get out of the house.

Definitely keep your hands busy! I paint my nails in the evening when I watch TV as that stops me snacking. I also finger-knit, it's very therapeutic and keeps me occupied.

As odd as this may sound, I also cook in bulk if I'm having one of those days where I want to eat everything. Sometimes just the act of cooking and pottering around the kitchen is enough to distract me until it's a meal time or I can have a snack.

I'm exactly the same.........when I'm bored or chilling in the house I become obsessed with food and am always thnking 'what can I eat next?' I'm having one of those days today!!!! lol grrrrrrrr!!!!!

I have done this all day today :( Been at home with the little one and been in and out of those kitchen cupboards all day. If we're busy or out I'm fine but i really do need to keep busy on the quiet days.

My hubby would suggest housework!!!!!

i don't boredom eat at weekends, but I do when I'm at work, its terrible cos i'm not even bored half the time yet I still manage it. Superfree foods pretty much always on hand, though today it happened to be mikado instead.

Thanks guys! i definatley may try the painting my nails thing!! i get stuck in doors a lot when i have coursework due in and this makes me want to snack loads!!!

You are far from alone in the boredom eating. As much as it seems flippant to say keep busy, it really is the only way. The ideas given are really good. I didnt realise how much I used baking as a boredom reliever until I stopped when I started SW.
Good luck with the weight loss.

I would suggest exercise but if you're anything like me, it's not the most exciting past time hehe. Actually, love it when I get down to it but need a stick of dynamite under me to get me started!!!!

I'm going to try spending time on here when I'm bored - keep me away from the fridge! Hehe x

we had this talk in class this week and the consultant came up with a munchie plate, fill a smallish plate with lots of free chopped up fruit add syned stuff like chopped up hifi bar and things or basically any thing you like with in syns and munch away all night until its gone that way you have sorted the munchies and not done any damage so to speak.

i done this last night i had a side plate and chopped up pineapple and halved some grapes had my he a of cheese chopped up and had a syned bag of french fries and just kept reaching out while i was on the computer and it kept me on track
hope this is of some help

metrognome that sounds like a fabulous idea!!! i may try that!

Back