Boring LL Money Question

Steph1980

I know that LL is £66 a week, but do you actually pay weekly? How does it work? Sorry, I would ask LL counsellor, but haven't got hold of one yet. Thanx.
Also, whats included in the money, just the food or do you get book and recipes etc too?

Hi there,
Yes you pay weekly, mine didn't but some aparently ask for 1 weeks deposit, and you get it back in packs in the last week of the diet.
You get a small book, shaker, recipes and your packs in week 1.
The main book and a pedometer in week 2, then various DVD's and exercise bands/balls along the way.
Hope that helps
Kitty xxx

Yes you pay weekly and for that you get a week's foodpacks and the counselling session - which includes some group work, plus weigh in and a mid week "pop in" if you want. You get a foundation book which contains a lot of tips for strategy and re-examining your relationship with food.
I know £66 sounds a lot - but just think, you spend absolutely nothing else on food for yourself - no sweets, snacks, cans of coke etc.

That brilliant - thanks
Do you have to pay extra for the water flavours etc?
Oh, and can you really not drink anything other than water and black tea/coffee?

Yes - water flavours are £9- but last ages. You can drink water (fizzy or still, with or without the LL water flavourings), black tea, including any tea made from leaves like peppermint tea, earl grey, etc but no fruit based teas. Black coffee. Thats about it. You can also buy LL savoury drink sachets which are about £7 but this is the same as a tub of Marigold Bouillon you can buy in the supermarket for about £2 and you can make a hot savoury drink from that.

Once you get into it its really not too bad and think how healthy your kidneys will be!!

It would be good if you looked at your available options. LL diet includes group counselling which is why I believe they charge £66. Cambridge Diet do not, it's based more on a one to one basis. They charge between £32 - £36 depending on where you go. Water flavourings are about the same price £7, (fruit & savoury). Mix-a-mousse £2.85.

My sister changed from LL to CD as there's more variety in the food packs and felt the group counselling sessions were not benefiting her.

So it really depends on what kind of you support you want when choosing a VLCD. Both diets work the same way and by my opinion the best type of diet to go on. I wish I to converted years ago.

I have looked at CD too, but the counselling really appeals to me....I know I have issues that I need to get to the bottom of when it come to food and eating and I REALLY REALLY want to be free of any demons by the time I reach my goal weight so I can maintain it.

Steph
I looked at both CD and LL before starting and like you the counselling appealled to me, and I have to say (so far) it has been really good. I really feel like I've confronted some deep buried issues about my relationship with food (and myself) - so for me the extra cost has been worth it. For the first time I feel like I am NEVER going back to the "heffalump Joolz" as I've not only lost weight, I'm getting my head straight too - and my weight issues have never been about knowing/not knowing what to put in my mouth I KNOW ALL THE NUTRITION STUFF - its about getting my head in the right place to make the right choices.
It is all so personal though - so its your choice at the end of the day whether you do CD or LL.

Good luck Steph.

I'm getting my head straight too - and my weight issues have never been about knowing/not knowing what to put in my mouth I KNOW ALL THE NUTRITION STUFF - its about getting my head in the right place to make the right choices.

I have an ongoing debate with some SLIM friends on this exact subject.....They say that all I need to do it eat the right food.......HELLO, if it was that easy, then everyone would be a size 8. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating, when and where, but somewhere between that knowledge and my love of food and terrible eating habits, I get all out of sink and end up eating too much of the wrong thing at the wrong time............I know that, I just want to learn who to control this and change my whole thinking.

Hope that makes sense.......

Back