bottled willpower??? anyone??

Why is weight loss so hard?? I mean just eat healthy foods and move more right? Arrrgh, wrong!! Someone please invent bottled willpower. Its a vicious circle. I get upset, i eat, i get even more upset, i eat even more etc..... Take today for example, I'm minding my own business, walking to work, a couple of lads in a car drove past, beeping their horn, hurling abuse at me. I could of cried. But you know what.. I can change my weight, they cant change their personalities. I just need a boost of willpower, i need to be healthy, for me, and also for my son. I don't want to be a fat boring mummy. I want to be a fit, healthy mummy who'll take him swimming. I need inner strength :'(

Then use him as your strength. I've only just started trying to lose weight, but I'm doing it the same reasons, for my nephew. I don't want to be the fat, ill Aunty who his parents have to help - I want to be strong and fit and healthy so I can help THEM. My advice? Every time you start reaching for something you shouldn't....stop, and think of your son. Is it really with that chocolate bar? If it helps, keep a photo of him with you in your purse or bag, and when you get a craving, reach for the photo instead of the food. Use him as your willpower....

Oh love, that's horrible :( I'm so sorry that happened, some people are just so unpleasant, there is just no hope for them. You're absolutely right, you can change, but they cannot change their personality.

I had my sister-in-law over recently, a very difficult character to say the least. Ignoring the lack of control and the horrible way she speaks to her three young children, she spent every opportunity she had whilst she stayed to tell me what I was doing wrong and to remind me how "padded" I was :mad: In the past, I would have been left sobbing to my husband and eating cake but I was just royally p*ssed this time. I'm channelling that anger to make the changes I need. Not my usual frame of mind, I like a positive reinforcement really. I guess it's each to their own and what gets you going.

I love the idea of having something with you you can use to look at and remember why you're doing this. If you can put a picture of your son either into your wallet or on a keyring that would really give you the boost to make the right choices.

:hugs:

Bron

PS. When you can, weigh in or decide on a goal for yourself. A lot of people have TickerFactory trackers that you can update as you progress. This helps me a lot, I like being able to change it as I go, and you don't have to use weight, you can use minutes/miles of exercise, waist measurements and all can be done as discreetly as you like :)

PPS. - Ideas are following now! - Start a diary in the diary forum too. You can share your successes and vent and rant and get support from people from all stages in their weight loss journey. When you're ready to start one, post a link back here and I'll follow your progress :)

thank you for your reply :). will definitely be trying some of your suggestions. good for you, you show that sister-in-law of yours. people can be so nasty. going to go and start my diary now :) xx

im sorry to hear that :(. your so positive, you'll do well. thankyou. you sound lovely too. im 27 so, 30 in 3 yrs. I plan to be fit n 30, ha. exactly, loose a few pounds and you feel like your walking on air, its a great feeling :). that's great keep up the exercising. I agree though, I think exercise could be used as a form of tourture. :/. but it does make you feel more happy and alive in the end. we both can do it :) xx:whacky068:

Back