bovril???

anyone know if bovril is ok on slim and save?? when I did LL a few years back I had the chicken stock stuff that you put in hot water and it was a life saver!! it has about 10 calories in and 0.6 carbs???

I don't think it's officially allowed and as this is a relatively new diet and forum I don't suppose there is much discussion about it on this forum if at all. I would suggest searching for Bovril on some of the other VLCD forums like Exante or Cambridge. From what you've written it would seem OK as long as you restrict your intake to 1 or 2 per day. You can probably also have bouillon which I think is the same as the savoury drink you can buy on Lighterlife which is slightly higher in carbs than Bovril by the looks of things.

you'd also need to look at sodium / salt content as this will make you retain water.

I have a friend currently doing Cambridge and her CDC told her Bovril had less carbs/salt than the savoury water flavour, but to restrict it to 1 per day as per the guidelines with the water flavourings

Back