Bowels

ive always had poo issues ... :(
even when non on this diet id sometimes go two three days with no poops...
water sometimes helps and when im thinner and excercise a lot it sometimes gets better.
Ive used laxatives for a lot of my adult life to help me go.

Nikki
>.<

(pooped out and relieved)

Dont take Dulcolax in the morning, only take it at night, it's supposed to work while you sleep and if you have food not long after you've taken it it might not work correctly (or you might get an explosive situation). I've suffered with IBS for the last 25 years or so, which means I'm either constipated or have diaorreah, one or the other, I dont think I've had a normal bm in all that time. Over the last couple of years it's mainly been constipation which often means I get abrasions too, so I pretty much need to take laxatives or I'm suffering badly.

ohh thanks for that jael!!!

i would normally just take it when i remember to take one lol

Me too...if they dont work ive been taking more ...

Prolly explains the 6 trips to the toilet today >.<

Nik

ive only been like three times now... weve all had to get laxatives to help us go... but dont wanna over do them or we will end up tearing our intestines out haha!!

Alia.. how did those husk things work out?? are they gentle??

I went the first night I added them and the second but nothing since but I am still adding as they work as a thickener too. I've got some dulcolax today so going to take one tonight and see what happens, hope it moves things along so to speak x

good thinking!! i might wait a day or 2 i think for some more ducolax :sick0019:

Im gonna buy some of those psylus husk things i really could do with not having as many dulcas

Have they carbs in them is there a limit on how many spoons to use im presuming they have calorific value

Nik

dont know but you can get them in capsule form, I bought mine on Amazon but you can get them at health food shops

ive had ibs since i was a child, only constipation, never the runs! Do none of you ever use senna and or lactulose? lactulose is good as its a stool softener so it makes it easier to pass

No I've never found anything that helped. When I was first diagnosed I was seeing a consultant at the hospital once a month and they'd try me on high fibre diets, low fibre diets, dairy-free, wheat-free, supplements, medication, all kinds of stuff, but it got to the point where nothing was making any difference and I couldn't keep taking time off work for the appointments so it was decided to just stop all the testing and I'd go back if it ever got chronic, otherwise I just live with it. I had really bad diaorreah the first 3 weeks on this diet and then it turned into constipation. In some ways I'd rather it was the other way around.

Oooh i just looked at them psyllium husk stuff its pure carbs.....

Like loads ... Im not sure if i stack them on top of the packets id stay in ketosis

As is the 3 packets ( 60g) only just puts me in minimum ketosis..i think im carb sensetive... There not for me... Shame though

I stik to the dulcas ..but try to take them on a night with my food

Nik

Oooh i just looked at them psyllium husk stuff its pure carbs.....

Like loads ... Im not sure if i stack them on top of the packets id stay in ketosis

As is the 3 packets ( 60g) only just puts me in minimum ketosis..i think im carb sensetive... There not for me... Shame though

I stik to the dulcas ..but try to take them on a night with my food

Nik

Exante recommend them

I know... But thats adding more carbs.. since ive been on exante ive never been more than slightly into ketosis just the 1+..(trace). never past that only traces....

Scared if i add more carbs im drop out an be hungry all the time.

See i have coke zeros its the only way i can get through with a can or two a day ..and boullion.. i guess if im gonna have my drinks i cant have those husks

Nik

As is the 3 packets ( 60g) only just puts me in minimum ketosis..i think im carb sensetive...

You too?? I thought I was going crazy! Some mornings my keto sticks show as negative, and some show as a trace. For some reason I think the carbs in the packs are too high for ne. I'm debating on trying one of these eBay vlcd things. One of them is pretty hardcore at only 25 carbs a day, which is the same limit as Atkins. I think I was losing more when I was making my own foods in my first 2 weeks of dieting this way. I was eating rediculously healthily, and there are way more carbs in the exante ts diet... I was also drinking tons of water then, and my keto sticks were a deep purple! X

Im not knocking it .. i love my exante.. and im only just in ketosis so its taking away the hunger pangs...

When i did LT i was having 45 carbs in 3 packs and dark on the keto sticks.... I really think i am carb sensetive ... I dont wanna go back to LT nuhuuh no way im happy here..

but some days its hard i think i drop outa ketosis easily. That said im happier on exante for the variety and cost...

Nik

dont use the ketostix everyday, they're not that accurate and if you've had a lot of water it can be diluted so wont show an accurate reading. Also I read the longer you're in ketosis the less it may show. I found some other info here Low Carb Luxury: Looking for Purple - Ketostix that says that some people use their ketones more efficiently so there's less of them showing in the urine.

Does anyone know if you can use Califig? I tend to be slighty 'constipated' anyway so that is one side effect of the diet I am not looking forward to. x

I wouldn't have thought so, it's a syrup and has fruit extract and oils in it, but if you want to be sure you could email Exante and ask them.

Ok I went this morning and it felt like i was pooping bricks!!! Ouch! TMI but I like to share haha :D :D

Has any one else suffered with thrush doing Exante? I've only ever had it during pregnancies but have strangely got it now

Back