Bowels

not had the thrush problem but the hard poos ouch! Thats why i take the lactulose as it softens it

Does anyone know if you can use Califig? I tend to be slighty 'constipated' anyway so that is one side effect of the diet I am not looking forward to. x
I have always added a bit of Benefiber to my drinks/soups whenever I've done a LC or TMR diet and it's quite good to keep things going, albeit slowly of course :rolleyes:

I've been naturally this morning but there wasn't much of it. I suppose if not much is going in then not much will come out?

Hope your ok Keely! To put your mind at rest a bit it could just be a matter of the mini pill needing changed to a different one!! I've got the implant in and after having no periods for a year I now get 2 periods a month!! My last one stopped a week ago and just got another today! Fingers crossed everything goes ok at the drs and let us know straight away x

Chelly slightly off the subject of bowels (although I am currently having issues in that department too and don't know what to take. Senna doesn't work and as for dulcolax I get the awful stomach cramps). Anyway I came off my depo injection after many years in December 2011, I didn't get my first period until December 2012 and since then I have been coming on every two weeks. Have you seen a doctor or been given any advice? I am considering making a doctors appointment because its really getting me down plus it means that I weigh more every two weeks which is disheartening x

Chelly slightly off the subject of bowels (although I am currently having issues in that department too and don't know what to take. Senna doesn't work and as for dulcolax I get the awful stomach cramps). Anyway I came off my depo injection after many years in December 2011, I didn't get my first period until December 2012 and since then I have been coming on every two weeks. Have you seen a doctor or been given any advice? I am considering making a doctors appointment because its really getting me down plus it means that I weigh more every two weeks which is disheartening x

Hi april, I havent yet - im just gonna get my implant out but its hard because i have to take a day off work to go and sit in the clinic and get put back on the pill before they will take it out - then go and get it taken out - so i just havent gotten round to it yet. I would maybe speak to your dr about it as im pretty sure its the implant doing mine but if you have stopped the contraception i would go and ask them!!

3 poos in 3 days for me this week with no laxatives! Not sure how but I struggle to do that when eating food!

Hi april, I havent yet - im just gonna get my implant out but its hard because i have to take a day off work to go and sit in the clinic and get put back on the pill before they will take it out - then go and get it taken out - so i just havent gotten round to it yet. I would maybe speak to your dr about it as im pretty sure its the implant doing mine but if you have stopped the contraception i would go and ask them!!

Hi, I went to the doctors today and she is sending me for a scan. She said I could have cysts on my ovaries which apparently can be caused by prolonged use of some contraception. Also being over weight can be a cause too x

3 poos in 3 days for me this week with no laxatives! Not sure how but I struggle to do that when eating food!

Im think I prefer going every 3-4 days, its too painful lol

Hi, I went to the doctors today and she is sending me for a scan. She said I could have cysts on my ovaries which apparently can be caused by prolonged use of some contraception. Also being over weight can be a cause too x

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know April! I think I should probably go to then just to make sure!!

Think the husks are a good way to go, Im adding them to all my shakes and porridge and Im starting to 'go' more frequently x

Yea I was on contraceptives for a very long time as a hormone treatment during my teenage years (such a bad idea in hindsight *sigh ) and it messed me up so much, ended up with cystic ovaries and all the excess weight etc. Of course not entirely to blame for my weight, just that it makes weight gain super easy and weight loss extremely hard *double sniff

I'll let you know when I've had my scan & results. I do put weight on easily although we must be very similar because I do live my food so I am to blame really. I am sticking to this 100% in the hope that I'll lose the weight which if I have got PCO then it'll help x

I'll let you know when I've had my scan & results. I do put weight on easily although we must be very similar because I do live my food so I am to blame really. I am sticking to this 100% in the hope that I'll lose the weight which if I have got PCO then it'll help x

With PCO, low carb diets seem to have been the only ones where I saw good results, PCO and the resulting hormone imbalance often go along with insulin resistance and having only very little sugar in form of carbs for instance helps to balance this to a certain extent. I could go into an essay now on the subject, having had to deal with it for a very long time and I've done so much reading on it including the effect of sugar in diet and the resulting insulin spikes/slumps of the body. Sorry, teacher mode off now :eek:
What I was trying to say is....Exante works for me!

Last edited:
I'm definately going to get myself sorted and get the implant out and maybe go see the dr if mine continues!

With PCO, low carb diets seem to have been the only ones where I saw good results, PCO and the resulting hormone imbalance often go along with insulin resistance and having only very little sugar in form of carbs for instance helps to balance this to a certain extent. I could go into an essay now on the subject, having had to deal with it for a very long time and I've done so much reading on it including the effect of sugar in diet and the resulting insulin spikes/slumps of the body. Sorry, teacher mode off now :eek:
What I was trying to say is....Exante works for me!

Thanks...I am trying not to worry too much & just stick to the diet until I've had my scan and results. If I have got PCO then I will certainly message you for that essay :)) it may explain the way I have been lately with tiredness & ups & downs of energy & craving certain things but we'll see x

Thanks...I am trying not to worry too much & just stick to the diet until I've had my scan and results. If I have got PCO then I will certainly message you for that essay :)) it may explain the way I have been lately with tiredness & ups & downs of energy & craving certain things but we'll see x
Hey April, as you say, try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know. But you've done really well already on the diet so keep that in mind to cheer yourself up if you can :) xx

I've been feeling pretty similar to that too!

Have any of you had sore hips or anything??? My hips are really sore at the monent

I've been feeling pretty similar to that too!

Have any of you had sore hips or anything??? My hips are really sore at the monent

Oh wow, how weird!! No, I haven't had that. Have you been doing anything out of the ordinary? New chair in work, different shoes, anything that could have caused it? My left hip is always dodgy due to slightly loose joint and it clicks itself back into place a lot and it hurts like hell. So I have never associated it with PCO or similar.

Back