BP

lola123

Silver Member
Just been to Lloyds pharmacy and had my BP done, it was 126/86
she said that was high but am sure it was the same last time and she said it was ok, whats all your take on this, bit worried actually, but then again I worry about most things.:confused:

I found this online (blook pressure association webpage), hope it answers some questions for you.

What should my blood pressure be?

140/90mmHg
is the level of blood pressure used to diagnose high blood pressure. If your blood pressure is consistently raised at these levels and above, it will need to be treated. Treatment may involve making changes to your lifestyle and/or taking medication. This level of 140/90 mmHg is the level for high blood pressure for everyone, whether you are male or female, young or old.
High blood pressure can be a systolic reading of 140 or above, a diastolic reading of 90 or above, or both. For example, a reading of 150/85 mmHg is high because the systolic is above 140; a reading of 139/95 mmHg is high because the diastolic is above 90. A reading of 150/95 mmHg is also high as both the systolic and the diastolic number are raised. As you get older you may find that your diastolic level is normal but your systolic level starts to rise and this is called isolated systolic hypertension. This is common among older people, and still needs to be treated.
140/85 mmHg is the target blood pressure for people who are receiving treatment for their high blood pressure. The only exception to this target level is if you have diabetes, kidney disease or have already suffered a stroke or heart attack. Then it is worthwhile lowering your blood pressure even further and your doctor may as you to lower your blood pressure to 130/80 mmHg.

When you have your blood pressure measured, always ask what it is and keep a record if you can. By doing this you can see whether your blood pressure is stable or is increasing.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Back to Top[/FONT]​

I had mine done yesterday, the reading were as follows:

1st reading 134/92
2nd reading 124/84

I was told this was normal

it is quite low...one of the side effects of the diet is that it can make your bloody pressure very low. As long as you are not getting dizzy spells though I'm sure it's fine.

Hi PB- I was suffering from constant dizzy spells/feeling fainty for 2 constant weeks and headaches, thats why my LLC told me to start RTM slightly early. Hopefully with this, i will be able to build this up to a healthy BP.

The most important number is the second of the pair.

PB - yours seems awfully high (92) to be told it was normal?....but the second one is better - just would question them saying 92 is normal.

BP can shoot up just simply because you are having your BP taken - always best to do two, and you can see the drop in your second one.

I have been a bit worried lately too, whenever I stand up, (no matter how quickly I stand up, or carefully) my eyes black over, I get a pain in the front of my head and I feel dizzy. It passes in a few seconds but is very wierd and happens all the time! You guys think that could be to do with blood preassure?

yes they said the first one is normally high- white coat syndrome... because you know you're having it taken. The dizzy spells are definintely a ide effect of low blood pressure...you should keep an eye on it as it can be as dangerous as high blood pressure.

I think if anyone is worried about their blood pressure they should get it checked by the doc, rather then worrying about it..... but I think it's easy to get caught up in concerns with the diet..... be careful, but be calm.

If you really are nearly blacking out, then you should get advice. But if you have the occasional light headedness, I would think that is pretty normal on such a low calorie diet after a certain amount of time.

I find on the days I save all my packs for at night, which is generally now Monday to Friday - if I do anything remotely strenuous before I have eaten anything I get a bit dizzy and lightheded but have no concern that its my blood pressure - its my empty stomach and lowered energy.

But if people have genuine concerns - for peace of mind, speak to your GP. No one here can tell you what is or isn't BP, etc. ;)

:)

yeah I think you're so right BL I get dizzy more when I haven't had all my packs or leave them til late in the day. Don't think I need to worry

Back