Bra sizes - oh Jim is going to love this thread!

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
Are you ladies finding that your bra sizes are changing dramatically whilst losing weight? I know we are all supposed to go and get measured, but I really can't be arsed with all that and there is one shop that says throw away the tape measure and do it by fit. They advocate taking in lots of sizes and spending ages trying them on. Personnally this works for me, as if I wore the size M&S guidelines said I should, it would be completely wrong.

If you have already lost lots, did you find that the old rule of "go down a back size but up a cup size" applied?

What's interesting is that I am about the same weight that I was a few years back, yet a different size bra. I am trying to judge what size I might be when I get to target, but can't right now. All I know is it is costing a fortune having to buy new ones every month or so.

My bra size has never changed (been measured too!) I have been 38A at sizes 14 - 18!

Mine hasnt changed as yet. 36D. Hope to hang onto them as long as possible. Would miss my girls lol

Woofy X

You Rang! :D

:bliss: :bliss:

I'm a 34GG no matter what weight I am. Have been since about 15, even when I went down to 8 stone once (not a good look on a 5ft 8 frame by the way) I simply don't store fat on my chest wall, it all goes on my hips and stomach. The only time it's ever changed is when I was pregnant as your rib cage expands and then I was a 38JJ - looked insane, as though I was hiding footballs under my t-shirt.

Sarah, try brastop.com, very good for cheap brand name bras, esp in d-k cups and they've a sale on at the moment. I prefer Bravissimo as it has better choice but brastop are much cheaper - mainly end of lines I guess.

I'm a 34GG no matter what weight I am. Have been since about 15, even when I went down to 8 stone once (not a good look on a 5ft 8 frame by the way) I simply don't store fat on my chest wall, it all goes on my hips and stomach. The only time it's ever changed is when I was pregnant as your rib cage expands and then I was a 38JJ - looked insane, as though I was hiding footballs under my t-shirt.

Sarah, try brastop.com, very good for cheap brand name bras, esp in d-k cups and they've a sale on at the moment. I prefer Bravissimo as it has better choice but brastop are much cheaper - mainly end of lines I guess.

See that's odd that you guys are all staying the same. I have gone down 2 back sizes. I first went down 1 back size and down a cup size. Then have gone down another back size but seem to need to go up a cup size. I am in a 36FF (I can't believe we are all declaring bra sizes on here!) but think I need a G right now. But will hang on as the ones I have seem to be ok for now and it could be water retention. Last time I got to this weight I was a 36F. Most odd.

Yes I like bravissimo and we have a shop in MK, but I am tending to buy from the traders on ebay at the moment. They have panache, freya etc in last years colours at around £15 a time. Where as bravissimo are more like £26. Will check out the one you gave me though also. Don't want to buy anymore until I stabilise a bit.

brastop are £12 or less at the mo for panache, gossard, lepel, freya, fantasie etc. The knickers are £4 or less. Mostly the same stuff as bravissimo, just the previous season.

Oh thanks IB. Will check them out!

Wow Sarah, you were hiding those crackers all this time from Jim Jim lol..... I bet thats made his Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.... hee hee

36FF, now there girls to be proud of, pet!!

I think boobs are cracking!!!

Woofy X

Now see I hate them! I would do anything to have a reduction.

The rate your shrinking, babes they might go smaller....

Shake what God gave u, pet.... U can tell Ive the friday feeling lol

Woofy X

I was a 38D when I started Cambridge diet. Lost 2.5 stone and bra changed to a 36g/36ff

Now sitting at 13stone 10, and bra of 36F/36FF fits wonderfully.

I buy mines off ebay. £5 a bra including p&p can't knck it.

I just feel they restrict clothes choices.

christ im a paltry 36 c !!!quite sad in comparison to you ladies ..... but i have some crackin calves :0) xxxxLOL

LOL Sukie. I want good legs. Mine are awful at the moment. Need to get running I think.

Back