Bra sizes!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
I decided to measure myself as most women wear the wrong size bra, and the good news is!!!!!!! Now I've lost 1 stone 9.5 lbs my size is? The size bra I'm wearing, only now it fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same thing happen to me! Good job i was one of these that always buys things that are too small!! I actually have some lovely new bras still with tags on! Feels like a get a present everyday i put one on!!!!!!!!!

i really need to measure myself again have gone down 2 dress sizes from 20 to a 16, lost 2st 3lb, so i despartly need some new bras!!! x

Funnily enough I was in M&S today looking for a new bra - a halterneck/multiway jobbie to go with a dress that I want to wear for a wedding tomorrow. Anyway. Despite losing 1 stone 5lbs, and my bust going down from 41 to 37" and feeling like they've lost some 'volume' and under my bust measuring 31" - I am still a 36D. So I must have been quite a lot more before, but in denial and totally wearing the wrong sizes! *confused* Lots of my old ones that size seem too big for me now.

when i first lost weight a few years ago i went from a 38C to what i am now 36A, sometimes 36AA. My old boss used to call me the AA lady lol. But even when i put weight on it doesn't go back on there :( x

I'm convinced that a man controls bra sizing. And a particularly sadistic little man at that! When you go down a back size, you have to go up a cup size to get the same volume, so a 38E and a 36F should have the same sized cups... but do they heck!! Seems totally dependent on the whims of the individual manufacturer. Thank god that figleaves.co.uk are so good with returns or I don't think I'd ever get sorted out.

My gazongas have gone from a 38F to a 32DD, and it's nice finally being able to buy some pretty lingerie at a decent price instead of things that look like they were vetted by the mormons! :p

I bought 2 new bras the other day, because they matches some kick a*s undies I'd bought, and they have wire in them. I really don't like underwired bra's as they always dig in here there and everywhere but these ones are so pretty, I'll have to put up with it!

Underwired bras shouldn't be uncomfortable if they fit properly Nat. Have you been measured properly? If not go onto google and they have lots of sites to tell you how to do it. I was in a 40b because I wouldn't buy a bigger one, It's great now all my bras fit, and I have a sexy black and turquoise one from M&S that I found on ebay for less than half price the other week . still in it's pack labels and all! I really must wear it before it gets too big!

Back