bread and bagels

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by pugh, 21 September 2011 Social URL.

1. pugh

pugh Member

Diet:
    WW
    This week for some reason I am having cravings for bread and bagels. I've been avoiding bread as much as possible. I've been having sandwiches for tea as that's all I've fancied. Everything has been entirely within my points allowance.

I'm now getting worried that I may not have a loss this week.

I'm interested in whether having bread in your allowance has affected your loss?

Thanks

Lou x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hello_2_Slimmer_Me

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me Full Member

i still have bread ... maybe not everyday but still a couple or times a week and so far i still always loose. i know some people say they don't though. i think its one of those things you just need to try and find out. if you find you haven't lost then maybe try just having it every other day and see if that works for you.

try a variety too if you can, e.g one day i'll have sliced bread, another day a roll, another day a WW bagel, another day a WW naan.... so its not all just sliced bread. .... i must day i luv the ww bagels and have brought some to have on friday and over the weekend as a treat..... i have WI tomorrow morning so tend to have heavy foods and takeaways over friday and the weekend and use my weeklies then as from monday back to less fatty and "heavy" foods :D

4. pugh

pugh Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanks for your reply. It didn't work for me lol. I stuck even though I didn't go over my propoints. so I'm going to try your way this week and just see how that works.

Lou x

5. Hello_2_Slimmer_Me

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me Full Member

ohh no :(

but good luck for this week trying my way. i hope it works for you. ... i had breaded scampi as my bread something for today .. just with a salad! :) it was a really nice treat ! :D

xxx

6. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    I often have WW bagels and don't find it affects my weight loss that much. Bananas seem to affect me more lol

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

7. blonde1991

blonde1991 Guest

I have bread basically everyday it doesnt affect my losses

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

8. azwethinkweiz

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Yeah totally. I actually just ate a bagel & a packet of tayto.. i'll let ya know how weigh in goes on saturday lol ;) xx

9. blonde1991

blonde1991 Guest

My bread is normally all carbs lol a typical day will be either bread pasta for lunch along with crisps n choc and then another load of carbs for dinner lol well gd luck azwethinkweiz :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

10. azwethinkweiz

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Hahaha, you sound just like me hon... not sure I could survive without me carbs. Atkins is not the way forward pour moi.

Ta hon :D x

11. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I still eat bread and it's not affected my losses.

However saying that, if you've avoided it for a long time then suddenly had it every day or so it's very likely it's just sitting with you and your weight was affected by some, ahem, baggage? ;)

12. pugh

pugh Member

Diet:
    WW

I think you could be right there, as I seem to have lost a lot of baggae ;) this week. I hope it shows on the scales! lol

13. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    Am sure it will chickie, good luck. x

14. pugh

pugh Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well it did, I lost 3.5 this week. I feel like I'm back on track. Thanks ladies. x

15. BexyN

BexyN Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.93%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I'm trying to cut out bread as it's high in points and it isn't good for the belly as it sits on your belly. Well done for the weight loss that is a big loss. I know I am cutting out on the bread!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.