Bread & Butter..... the love of my life!

mealiepuddin'

I have been loving bread and butter all my life! It was fantastic while it lasted, but time to let it go ... :cry:

I have replaced it with rice cakes, a scraping of mashed avocado, a slice of tomato and a smidging of reduced balsamic vinegar....

DELICIOUS!!!!!

wow.... that's amazing.

Giving up bread is going to do me good.

Yay, no more bloating too!!

xx

I love a slice of bread and butter, especially when the bread is still warm. But that's just another one of the foods to cut back on...

Any bread junkie deserves a breadmaker. Panasonic makes the best ones. Nothing like the scent of a fresh loaf waking you up in the morning, and you can experiment with your own healthy recipes! Just take a look at the amount of rubbish that goes into a standard loaf in the shops - you can make your own and it's not only healthier and cheaper, but miles tastier, too!

The avocado sounds like a great butter substitute. A little bit of low sugar homemade strawberry jam works for me!

I am so pleased to be able to have the odd slice of bread and butter again. LOL!

I have been loving bread and butter all my life! It was fantastic while it lasted, but time to let it go ... :cry:

I have replaced it with rice cakes, a scraping of mashed avocado, a slice of tomato and a smidging of reduced balsamic vinegar....

DELICIOUS!!!!!

OOooooo I love white crusty bread with best butter. Its one of the things I miss most. Well next to Pizza, Fish & Chips, Sweets, Pudding and chips etc, etc, :break_diet:

hmmm, yes fish and chips, that's got me drooling Karlos. LOL

I love bread and butter. Just like that, or with anything on it :D

It's got to be real butter though...well, unless it's the peanut variety :D

Yum.

Thankfully I have never been a lover of bread while growing up. However I do enjoy a slice of toast now and again.
Rice cakes, provita or crackerbread has been my friend for so long..lol.

I went to college for baking. I dreamed of bread. It's not just a love affair; I have a deep lust for a fresh loaf straight out of the oven.

Chocoholics, stop reading now: I can take or leave a bar of chocolate, but I would offer up my first born child for a nice sourdough.

I've had toast with real butter this morning for breakfast. It was delicious and exactly what I fancied. I believe in eating carbs. I think a healthy balance of all foods is good for the body and no one can give up bread forever (well they can but they'll be miserable!). You can eat whatever you want with intuitive eating - Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin book and CD, and Jennifer Polle's Intuitive Eating for Weight Release are great hypnosis CD's where you can eat whatever you like and still lose weight. And Beyond Chocolate is the best book ever! You can lose weight without depriving yourself - go on Amazon and see how massive the subject is.

Janey xx

I went to college for baking. I dreamed of bread. It's not just a love affair; I have a deep lust for a fresh loaf straight out of the oven.

Chocoholics, stop reading now: I can take or leave a bar of chocolate, but I would offer up my first born child for a nice sourdough.

I like your turn of phrase! I'm a confirmed chocoholic, but I must admit I did fall in love a bit as a child when I tasted my first slice of soft, milky seeded Challah thickly spread with butter.

While we're on bread, a buttered crumpet seriously lights my fires! No jams or marmalade or grilled cheese nonsense, just the butter melting and ooooozing into the little crumpety bubbles.

I feel a slight swoon coming on...

oooh real french bread collected from the Pâtisserie spread with delicous strawberry jam!!! Reminds me of going on holiday with my parents when i was a child yyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuummmm

Thid thread is making me VERY HUNGRY! Can't beat a fresh piece of homemade bread, toasted with butter. MMMMM!

Back