Bread Sauce

chiefbridesmaid

Silver Member
Hi guys, I'm nearly scared to ask but I promise I did search for this recipe before I started this thread but just wondering if anyone had any low syn versions of Bread Sauce as I just adore it on a roast instead of gravy and would be great for Christmas too? Not much of a cook so love any ideas, thank you :)

2 slices white bread crusts removed
liquid chicken stock
onion
milk

tear up bread put in a pot, with finely diced onion add milk to just cover and heat gently, add some chicken stock to flavour or some turkey juice, stir till you get the consistancy you want, add more milk stock as needed..

mums always made it this way and i live it x

I guess if you made it with brown bread you could have it as hex a and b without any syns!! I might make a roast on Sunday and try it, thanks x

trazmac said:
2 slices white bread crusts removed
liquid chicken stock
onion
milk

tear up bread put in a pot, with finely diced onion add milk to just cover and heat gently, add some chicken stock to flavour or some turkey juice, stir till you get the consistancy you want, add more milk stock as needed..

mums always made it this way and i live it x

Ooh I'm so excited to try this thanks a million :)

trazmac said:
think i would rather stick with white bread it is xmas lol x

Definitely for Xmas I'd have white bread, but I'm wanting it to go with my weekly roast....not sure my waistline can manage all that white bread!!! I'm having 3 days off over Xmas..I CANNOT WAIT!!!! Xxx

Back