BREAD

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mechmanuk, 20 April 2008 Social URL.

1. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

Probably like a few others on here im a big lover of bread, this comes high on the list as one of my failures. My brain just loves the stuff and thinks its a necessaty (think ive spelt that wrong) with almost every meal i have.

Ive tried all these different type breads, nimble, ww, etc etc but come on lets be honest you just cant beat a good old warburtons white medium slice of bread, these lighter ones like nimble just dont do it for me, ide need 4 of them to 1 normal slice ?

why has no one come up with a good substitute that looks and eats like a proper slice of bread (and syn free) , lol

I suppose i just like stodgy food with mi breakfast, chips, soup etc etc. I remember on atkins years back there was a substitute bread but it was yuk yuk.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I just have the normal wholemeal, 2 slices for a HE B

4. annettej

annettej Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Me too, but you have to remember to buy the small loaf - 400g.

Annette x

5. LisaM

LisaM Member

hi, i have same problem and crave bread more than anything. Been using weight watchers but its really not the same as having proper slice of bread. A friend of mine on slimming world has said that kingsmill crusts away bread has same syn value as ww bread. Does anyone knw if this is true??

6. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I used to love bread, I'd have 4 slices for brekkie, 4 for lunch then normally a couple of slices in the evening:eek::eek:

On this diet I use weight watchers wholemeal bread but to be honest I end up throwing it away as I am now addicted to ryvitas, I don't miss the bread at all which is very weird:confused:

7. MrsB

MrsB Team FFF!!!

Diet:
    Slimming world
    ww brown danish bread is 2 sins per slice and the kingsmill crusts away is 2.5 sins per slice :)

8. LisaM

LisaM Member

Cheers MrsB, think that means i can have 4 slices a day as my healthy extras, woo hoo!!

9. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I too lurve bread but decided that if I had even a little bit Id be tempted to have more so Ive cut it out totally and had it only twice in four months! And to be honest it hasnt been as difficult as you'd imagine, and I think it has helped speed up (or rather not slow down the weight loss) xxx

10. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    I like the newer ww bread the thicker sliced one, 2 slices for 1 HE B, it tastes like real bread and is nice toasted with a bit of spread and marmite ummmmmmmm :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.