Break-advice needed

fingers crossed

Silver Member
I'm all of a muddle! :confused:

Have been doing great on CD & want to continue but I'm going to the Edinburgh Festival for 5 days next week with my friend. Hotels etc are all booked up so we're having to camp. Part of me doesn't want to go as I don't want to muck up all of my good work so far & also I've read time & time again that restarting is so hard. Apart from having warm tetras & bars or hand mixed shakes I don't really know what else I could do. :help2: Help please!!!

FC. I wouldnt take a complete break if I were you. You are doing remarkably well so far and it others have said it is so so hard to get back into it.

I just had 4 days away, did 790, got back to ss when I got back and lost 4lb in a week. I know festival conditions are not going to be ideal to do 790, but if you plan to do 790 and stick as closely as you can then you wont feel like a failure and end up eating everything in sight.

If u have to eat food.. try to stick to low carb or as the others have said, try doing 790.

Cheers folks, I'm in a real dither over it! I have my head into this now so won't let it go even if, as you say, I have to adapt things a little.

will you be eating out or eating "camp style"?

If its the latter you could try to do 790. Take the tetras ( i quite like them warm!) and if you are eating out it shouldnt be too difficult to pick a low carb choice. If you are eating camp food then you could get things from the shop each day such as a salad and cold chicken/turkey for example.

Good luck, with your determination I am sure you will do fine

xx

Hi FC,

I had a holiday at the begining of july and decided to SS for the whole 10 days I was away (including 2 days at T in the Park music festival). I had a packet shake in the morning made with one of the maximuscle shakers and a bar/tetra for lunch and a tetra or another shake in the evening.

I felt that it was important for me at time we went away not to break SS and although the maximuscle-made shakes and warm tetra's are not as enjoyable as blender-made shakes and cold tetra's I managed. I was a bit worried that I might not enjoy my holiday as much if I was not eating but I can honestly say that I had a really great time - plus I lost half a stone in the time that I was away :D so when I came home I not only felt that I had really enjoyed my holiday but was also really elated about being another half a stone lighter.

I realise that SS'ing away from home/on holiday is not for everyone for many different reasons, however, it is possible if it is what you feel is best for you.

As the others have said if you feel that SS'ing while away is really just not going work for you then maybe you could spend the time until you go away working up through plans a few days each up to a plan you think you could stick with for those 5 days.

Whatever you decide I hope you have a fabulous time at the festival and that the sun shines on you while you are away :)

Thank you so much! Ruth you are really positive & thank you for your sunshine requests! I will take a load of stuff with me so I can have a shake of some sort in the morning & take a bar out with me. If I'm struggling I'll try to stick as close to 790 as I can. I am so determined to succeed on CD & will keep in mind that by the next time I have a break I'll be much slimmer if I just keep a check on things.

Thank you all for your responses, its nice to have people to turn to in a crisis! :)

Back