Break....

I am not sure, maybe its to give your body a rest , and not too dependant on la liquid diet, and sometimes eating more, kick starts the metabolism.

I dont know the real answer though.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's because NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) say that you should not stay on a VLCD for longer than 12 weeks without upping the calories. Some people do carry on but most people decide to do something a bit different after 12 weeks (or so). Some people break completely, come out of ketosis, and eat what they like, whilst some people just up the calories to something around 800 (as per the Cambridge 810 plan) and stay in ketosis. One of the stickies at the top of the forum is about 'add a meal' that suggests what you can do to stay in ketosis during the week that you up the calories.

Personally I've had a complete break as one break was when I went on holiday and the other for Xmas and New Year. I'm going to keep on track this time round until Easter when I will take another complete break for a week (that's a bit longer than 12 weeks but I'm fine with that).

In Lighterlife I believe they have a 'milk week' in week 12 so you have milk with the packs instead of water (or drink the milk where you have a meal or whatever I think). I've never done LL so don't know the full details. That's a different approach for people who think they would struggle to get back on track after introducing food. I have protein and veg anyway so it's not an issue for me.

Yes LL have a milk week. On LL total (4 packs a day) you are not allowed any veg or milk - 4 packs is all you are allowed to eat (with pepper, salt and red tabasco if you wish). That's it. So after 12 weeks you are supposed to add milk for a week to increase the calories. It varies by type of milk but for skimmed milk it's something like 450ml a day. I did this in my first milk week and gained a pound! Didn't like that so in my second milk week (another 12 weeks later) I used it as an oportunity to try the milk packs from SnS and had only 125ml or 150ml as needed for crispy shakes or porridge each day. Didn't gain!

Back