Breakfast and lunch suggestions please!

busybee123

So I'm going to give it my best shot, I've never tried calorie counting and I'm feeling really positive about being in control of what I'm going to be eating.

Do any of you lovely people have any good low cal breakfast and lunch ideas.

Many thanks

So I'm going to give it my best shot, I've never tried calorie counting and I'm feeling really positive about being in control of what I'm going to be eating.

Do any of you lovely people have any good low cal breakfast and lunch ideas.

Many thanks

Hi,

As we are getting nearer to the colder months, I love Alpen microwave porridge - especially maple and pecan flavour! It's quite low calorie and keeps me full for quite a few hours.

Good luck with it all!

Charlie :)

I'm ccing and low carb so feel free to ignore if your body can deal with sugar better than mine.

Currently breakfast is - scrambled egg or salmon fillet or 2 rashers bacon (no added sugar) or one low carb sausage (no added sugar). I usually have this with either tomato, spinach or mushrooms.

Lunch is always salad (lettuce, pepper, spring onion, cucumber and tomato) with either ham (no added sugar), bacon, tuna, cheese etc etc etc.

I don't eat breakfast, and weekday lunch is always 200g of Heinz reduced sugar and salt baked beans, 2 fruit crunch Ryvita, and 200g pineapple! :) xx

I LOVE breakfast... it is my favourite meal of the day so I treat myself to Sainsburys Taste the Difference jumbo oats. 50g made with skimmed milk, a little Splenda and lashings of cinnamon is around 300 calories and will keep you going until lunch. Because the oats are jumbo-sized, you get a bit of bite to it which helps take longer to digest than OSS.

For lunch I make up batches of carrot and red lentil soup (as per the BBC good food webby) although I don't use the oil. I can get 4 portions out of it and calculate that at 185 calories. With a M&S mini-submarine wholemeal roll (60cal) that keeps me going until tea. Or I make up ham salad wraps, using whole iceberg lettuce leaves instead of tortilla wraps. They're lovely too as the lettuce gives them a gorgeous crunch as you bite into them.

If I have a sugar craving, I keep Aldi ice pops in the freezer which are only 18 calories each, Alpen Light Chocolate Fudge bars are only 70 cals and Caramel Jumbo Snack-a-jacks are only 51 cals each.

That soup and roll sound lush.

I've just started this week and so far I feel very happy calorie counting, but I don't want to get bored.

In going to look up they recipe right now!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back