Cruise PP "Breakfast biscuits"

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
So here are the biscuits I have been trying today. I used this recipe as inspiration, and it's just a variation on an old theme!
Biscuits matin, recette Dukan - Recettes Dukan pour le Régime Dukan

BUT made a change to the brans so I used:

3 TB Oat bran
1 TB Wheat bran
1 Egg
1 TB sweetener
1 TB Quark
1/2 ts almond flavouring

Mixed it all up and shaped into 3 equal flat rounds (think digestive biscuit, a it thicker) on a silicone baking mat.

Baked at 200C Fan for about 25 mins, turned over to dry them out a bit more and baked for another 5-10, till edges were browning and crisp.

Of course the turning over part is a personal preference and not necessary!

Was not allowed to eat then and there, except for a little corner, and they were crisp and tasty on the edges, a bit softer in the middle.

This morning after a night in a airtight tin they were quite hard, a bit less crispy. Very tasty but you'll need to dunk them in tea or definitely have a drink with them. I only had one, and it was quite filling too, I think I could feel it swelling in my stomach :eek:

Remember - 1 biscuit = 1 TB oatbran so you can only have TWO a day in Cruise / Conso.
----------------------
I am still looking for portable ways to have my oatbran, and this recipe makes 3 biscuits - each containing 1 TB of Oatbran which makes it easier to work out portions. If you adjust the Oatbran down to 2TB and maybe reduce the quark a bit you might get two out of it. Or double the recipe and make 6 = 3 days.

I liked this one better than the recipe I tried before, which was supposed to make lots of little ones as I find it fiddly to shape the biscuits and also to divide them up properly into daily rations etc.
Having a biscuit that's 1 TB of Oatbran helps me in Stab when I have, say, 2Tb in my breakfast porridge (3 is to much!) and need to find a way of adding the last one, that's not 'stir into yoghurt'. Of course you're slightly under the max permitted wheatbran allowance if you only have two as per above recipe.

Looks great. Crunch is all too lacking on this diet!

I find it fiddly to shape the biscuits and also to divide them up properly into daily rations etc.

I was just thinking about this and had an idea. My Grandma used to make lovely little round shortbread biscuits. She'd shape her "dough" into a thick sausage (hand rolled onto a board) and then cut her biscuits with a knife.

I wonder whether the mixture would lend itself to that sort of shaping...

Thanks Jo - but I have the impression that any mixture with oatbran, egg and no fat is very sticky and not cohesive to submit to much rolling at all I found so far. For the little ones I took a 1/2 TB scoop (I needed to be precise to split my mixture into several days...) and flattened with a wet glass. the big ones is did with my fingers but it was fairly messy...
For the small ones, maybe a your approach might work, but with wrapping in clingfilm and freezing a bit before slicing?

shall try them tomorrow xx

let us know Scrumps... I like the sound of little biscuits... (as you guys can see from my menus, I like small portions of several things rather than just one dish of the same thing!)

Yes for small biscuits I'm going to try a recipe that's more liquid so you spoon small amounts into muffin cases, as I said above, I find the shaping is a pain otherwise :).

Ginger muffins....... anyone

Has anyone tried making Ginger muffins? Tried chocolate with Dukan reduced fat cocoa but a bit un chocolatey.

Has anyone tried making Ginger muffins? Tried chocolate with Dukan reduced fat cocoa but a bit un chocolatey.

I baked some lemon and ginger muffins yesterday, but they're currently in the freezer until Thursday so I haven't yet tried them.

Definitely give them a go, though, and let us know how you get on. :)

SO I tried making the muffins from the Dukan recipe book adn they just came out like scrambled egg! Any ideas? I will try the biscuits though - how much wheatbran are you allowed?

what was the recipe of the book?
My muffins are on p.1 of the long recipe thread, with photo.

tried these today and approve - could have done with more sweetener and perhaps a little more flavouring but all in all they went down well. definitely quite filling too!

Back