• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

breakfast fillers?

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
G: 11st0lb
Had a change for brekkie today, had oats so simple and i ryvita (HEXb) I normally have eggs beans toast, wow what a difference, It is only been an hour since I ate it and I am already hungry ! It must be something to do with protein ? gonna have to boil a couple of eggs now. Does anyone else find themselves hungry too quick or do you eat something different that fills you for longer?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
I have either cereal/milk, oats + fruit, or beans + toast. I find that after cereal and fruit i get really hungry quickly, and if i have the beans/toast I can go longer. But either way when i've been on my cross trainer I'm starving anyway, so I have a snack lol. xx

couteaux

Silver Member
S: 15st13lb C: 15st6lb G: 11st12lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st7lb(3.14%)
I'm the same! If I have weetabix, I'm starvin marvin within an hour, whereas 2 eggs on toast keep me going for hours. Protein definitely fills you up for longer.

kevandju5

Maintaining
S: 9st9lb C: 8st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 20.3 Loss: 0st13lb(9.63%)
I know exactly what you mean! After cereal and fruit, I get really hungry again at about 9am! So then I tend to have a 'second brekkie' of yog and fruit. Eggs definitely are much more filling and for longer, too.

xx

eternity

Gold Member
S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
I usually have 2 eggs with toast for brekkie. If i have anything else I know it's going to be a long hungry slog until lunch. I never eat cereal because it makes my stomach feel hollow and I end up having lunch at 10a.m. LOL. I think it's defo the protein that helps keep me full when I have eggs.

Busy_mam

S: 13st0lb C: 9st9lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 3st5lb(25.82%)
I have to say I feel full for ages after quorn sausage, fried mushroom, half a tin of tomatoes and 3 slices of weight watchers Danish Brown. You could even fry some tomatoes with the mushroom and if you don't like tin tomatoes you could dry fry a egg, poach a egg or scramble one. It is free and used I HEb.

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
I find weetabix and All bran the most filling cereal for me, porridge just doesn't satisfy for long enough - but when I have my brekkie eggs they keep me going until lunch time....I think it is the protein too.

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
Ditto re eggs! But If I have weetabix crunchy bran 42g with a chopped banana and VL fat fromage frais, then I don't need to snack before lunch. I have a theory that VLFFF fills you up more. I do the same with all bran.

byron

did you watch that diet documentary a few months ago- it was proven that egg(protein) makes u feel fuller for longer!!! xx

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
G: 11st0lb
No I didnt, but interesting that Judimac says by add lfff which is protein lasts longer. instead of milk, will stick to my eggs I think

S: 12st6.5lb C: 11st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 0st7.5lb(4.3%)
I had syn free beef sausages from local butcher and bacon on 2 slices bread today for brekkie and it filled me up a lot. They say protein is an appetite suppressor.

cinderzxx

G: 12st0lb
wow... am still loving the idea of having a "fry up" for breakfast on a "diet" :)
might just have quorn sausages and egg for brekkie tomororw...:) or brunch... its weekend, i am DETERMINED to have a lie in....

def think that eggs and protein fill you up more, and like byron said, been scientifically proven!!

i dont really notice hunger pangs between breakfast and lunch i always thought the earlier i started eating the more hungry i would be... im ok til i start eating lol so dont usually have breakfast til about 11... then lunch at 2-3pm.....used to try and hold off eating for as long as i could coz once i started i just wanted more!

although its not so bad on slimming world coz theres lots of yummy stuff i know i can eat for free! xx

frugal fifer

Silver Member
S: 19st1lb C: 13st6lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 5st9lb(29.59%)
did you watch that diet documentary a few months ago- it was proven that egg(protein) makes u feel fuller for longer!!! xx
I am sure it also said that the vlf dairy products helped absorb more fat than full fat ones.