Breakfast Ideas- Induction

sushisu

Hi everyone.

I started the Atkins diet on tuesday and apart from 3 days of horrible headaches all is going well.

The only thing that I'm struggling with is Breakfast. I seem to be eating eggs every day and even tho I love eggs I don't think I can face them again this morn. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try.

Thanks very muchly
xxxx

Hi
I totally agree breakfasts are the hardest because i just cant always face cooking ! Discovered oopsie rolls and that has been my savior! Try googling a website called your lighter side there are loads of recipes there if they have the initials IF by them they are suitable for induction phase which oopsies are. If u have trouble finding them let me know. With them u can make cheese sandwiches, burgers, bacon rolls the list is endless! Good luck with the diet

Wow- Thanks so much. I see a trip to the supermarket and a baking session coming on for this afternoon:)

Looks like a great website, will investigate further

Thanks again

Nicky
x

Atkins breakfast often involves learning to eat foods we'd consider 'non traditional' to have in the morning. Many other cultures have curry, chilli etc in the mornings, we're just used to toast and cereal. Try saving some leftovers from your evening meal for a really quick breakfast. Go continental and have ham rolled round cubed cheese. Celery spread with cheese. Chicken strips and mayo.

When i did atkinsbefore i got a bit sick of cooked breakfasts ie traditional english i cooked tuna steak n had that which i really loved n it kept mefull for ages i cant do big flavours in the morning but when in a hurry i grab cheese n ham since finding the oopsies thing are better!

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I ended up having a bowl of tuna, cucumber & mayo and it was lush:)

I made the oopsies last night and had them toasted with ham and melted cheese this morning and really enjoyed that too. Think I may add some parmesan to the mix next time!

Its funny but breakfast is the only thing I am struggling with on this diet!

I know what u mean its the one meal of the day where u just wanna grab something that doesnt need creating first! Another nice touch with the oopsies is to sprinkle some grated cheese towards the end of the cooking time mmm

Back