Attack breakfast

Good time to post to get plenty of ideas for first breakfast - NOT!! Talk about prepared!

The most filling breakfast would be to make yourself a galette... (hope you're not saying "a WHAT?")...

x

Actually I am prepared and I have done my research, from reading the posts on here a 'galette' is NOT the only thing to eat with oat bran is it! I am here for help thank you

Basically you can eat anything off the attack list

Have a look through the recipe thread - the muffins are delicious.

I am now on day 4 of attack. What I have been having for breakfast is a Gallette, sprinkled with splenda and 2 teaspoons of lime juice ( I know, naughty me). Yesterday I had it with sweetened cottage cheese and cinnamon ( that was nice too).

Only 2 days to go before I can have Gallette and tomatoes!

tessa

My first day is Friday, I dont fancy this galette for breaky, im thinking just some oat bran in milk sweetened, thats ok isnt it?

That's fine - porridge is great: mix the oatbran with skimmed milk and microwave for a minute, stir, add more milk / water and microwave again until you get the right result. Oatbran needs quite a lot of liquid. I add splenda and cinnamon into mine and have it most mornings with a dollop of plain yogurt.

Other alternatives: if the galette is hard (I've never managed) or you don't have a really good non-stick frying pan, you can mix the same ingredients: egg, oatbran, fromage frais, add a little baking powder and put into the microwave for 3 minutes. Use a square plastic dish and you end up with a piece of 'bread' ready for slicing or make it in individual muffin moulds. Recipe is in the recipe thread.

And you could go savoury: scrambled egg with smoked salmon is a another classic favourite. There are no rules, eat whatever you like as long as it's on the list... I've been known to have grilled chicken with cottage cheese on my 'bread'

That's fine - porridge is great: mix the oatbran with skimmed milk and microwave for a minute, stir, add more milk / water and microwave again until you get the right result. Oatbran needs quite a lot of liquid. I add splenda and cinnamon into mine and have it most mornings with a dollop of plain yogurt.

Other alternatives: if the galette is hard (I've never managed) or you don't have a really good non-stick frying pan, you can mix the same ingredients: egg, oatbran, fromage frais, add a little baking powder and put into the microwave for 3 minutes. Use a square plastic dish and you end up with a piece of 'bread' ready for slicing or make it in individual muffin moulds. Recipe is in the recipe thread.

And you could go savoury: scrambled egg with smoked salmon is a another classic favourite. There are no rules, eat whatever you like as long as it's on the list... I've been known to have grilled chicken with cottage cheese on my 'bread'

Think I will stick to the oat bran and milk etc for breakfast, thanks for that post it was really helpful. Also in the book when I read it it said about having aspartame sweetener, what brands are aspartame ones? And also it said about only having 2 eggs a day, is it ok to have more than 2 a day?
Thanks for your help !!!!! :D

Don't worry about sticking to aspartame - sucralose is also ok (ie Splenda) and works better when heated, so is ideal for making porridge.

(I couldn't live without gallettes - hot and crisp from the pan, with a squeeze of lemon, washed down with fresh coffee - definitely one of the highlights of my day! )

Thanks !! Also another thing, is muller lights ok, you know the flavoured ones. such as toffee etc? the one with no bits?? I see it somewhere on here but I not sure if I was correct

oooooooo - don't get us started on the yogurt question ;P

Basically there is conflicting information about these (and we are talking about Mullerlight Toffee and Vanilla ONLY).
After much debate the consensus seems to be - treat them as a tolerated item, keep as a treat, and where-ever possible make your own by adding a few drops of flavouring to a low-fat plain yogurt.

(Personally - I use about 3 Toffee Mullers in a week, mixed with 0% greek yogurt to make "ice cream")

oooooooo - don't get us started on the yogurt question ;P

Basically there is conflicting information about these (and we are talking about Mullerlight Toffee and Vanilla ONLY).
After much debate the consensus seems to be - treat them as a tolerated item, keep as a treat, and where-ever possible make your own by adding a few drops of flavouring to a low-fat plain yogurt.

(Personally - I use about 3 Toffee Mullers in a week, mixed with 0% greek yogurt to make "ice cream")

Oh I never knew the yogurt question was so controversial lol, anyway I was speaking to my neighbor who has lost over 5 stone on it, and she said I can eat unlimited amounts of the vanilla muller lights, as she had done. Think I will just do that :) Thanks

Mullers do contain sugar, but it's up to you. Something to look at if you are stalling. Once in Cruise dairy is limited to 1kg per day.

im on day 3 of the attack phase and i find that if i keep my oat bran allowance for later in the day it gives me something to look forward to.

as for breakfast, i tend to have slices of deli meats or scambled egg and smoked salmon.

I think eventually it becomes a bit of fun looking for new recipes and seeing how creative other dukaners can be that still allows you to have a few sweet or savoury treats without feeling really unsatisfied, which is of course the secret in that you do have to learn how to cook and treat yourself healthily for the rest of your life, if you can take a few dukan cake/muffin ideas into normal diets, that has to be a plus right? :) good luck with breakfast.

Back