Induction Breakfast

PinkLadee

Good morning everyone,

I love Atkins, have done it before but the problem I always have is breakfast. To be honest it's the main reason I don't stay on Atkins for life.

I find eggs ok but the thoughts of having them every day for a week is killing me!
I also don't like fish.

Can anyone suggest anything else that I could have fore breakfast? Ideally something I can make the night before as I'm at work for 8am and a mammy.

Thanks,

For the days I don't want or don't have time for eggs I use the Atkins products. A shake or a bar. Once a week I have a slice of Burgen Soya and Linseed bread toasted with some decent peanut butter spread on it. Think it works out at 13g of carbs. It's the only bread I have all week and it doesn't trigger any cravings.

Sorry just noticed you're in induction so no bread yet then.

Anything you have during the rest of the day you can have for breakfast. I'm having courgettes in cheese sauce. You could have smoked salmon and cream cheese roll ups or salami and cheese, cucumber with a low carb dip, a bit of roast chicken or beef with mayo, anything.

If you fancy something sweet have a look at the Swiss roll in the recipe section - it's eggy but not full on eggs, and very filling.

I really wouldn't recommend Atkins products, they contain ingredients which cause blood sugar spikes, gastric problems and generally do more harm than good.

Thanks for the replies, didn't think I'd have so many - great support :)
Time is a bit of a factor too as I'm rushing out the door. Last time I was on Atkins I ate chicken and ham for breakfast, not too bad as could have ready the night before. The only thing is that since I don't like lamb or fish I end up eating pork, chicken or beef for every meal.
I've never had the Atkins products, a shake in the morning could be nice.... I'm not too worried about cravings, sugar free jelly doesn't give me any so hopefully nothing else will. I wouldn't have the bars as I know with other diets, I never stop at one...
Where do you guys buy your shakes?

I usually have something sweet for breakfast, today I had strawberries and cream :) I'm low carbing though, so not really Atkins even though my carbs are restricted to 15g a day.

Breakfast was the one thing I really struggled with when I was doing induction, sugar free jelly and cream became my new best friend for a few days! Failing that the chocolate Atkins shake sorted me out.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tescos do the shakes, there in the toiletry section with Slimfast stuff. Boots do Atkins products too. Not sure where else.

Waitrose sell the shakes too in toiletry section or you can buy them on line from low carb megastore

Slightly off subject but which sausages do people buy? It's not easy finding decent low carb ones.

Nicest ones I have found are from The Black Farmer, they are really nice. £2 a pack in Sainsburys. They do chipolatas too. Also good are Debbie & Andrews but I do prefer the Black Farmer ones.

Sainsbury's taste the difference pork sausages are very low carb and really tasty! Tesco used to do chicken and turkey sausages too...

Have to agree the black farmers sausages and black farmers daughter Chipolatas are the best...

My OH bought home Debbie and Andrews yesterday morning an I ended up throwing mine to the dogs as they were like processed dog food!

Jamie's are nice though too....

Alternatively giant bratwurst from Sainsbury or Lidl are a good alternative at 1 carb per huge sausage, or you could chuck on a few Herta frankfurters!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The polish kabanos make a nice change from pepperami too but just watch out for the salt content making you hold on to water.

Back