breakfasts?

hayleyw

afternoon all,

Was wondering what you guys have for breakfast? i dont like cereal or milk so that's out the question, and i often leave the house by 6am to get to work so really can't face eggs/beans etc... I've found if i have toast as a HEb (which has always been my staple) then i struggle later in the day with not having 'enough' healthy extras..... fruit and yoghurt all the way?! x x

Pudding rice with muller & fruit mixed in (on green/EE), breakfast quiche (on a red/EE day), Hi-Fi Bar?
Could you take something with you to have late morning if you were to have toast before you leave?

I make up a big fruit salad at the beginning of the week and have a serving for breakfast every day, followed by fat free yoghurt or fromage frais. At weekends when I have more time I'll have eggy toast with cinnamon too. Yumm

I cant bring myself to eat before about 9.30am so I take bread with me to work to toast now. Porridge is another good one to fill you up until lunch time. Maybe a continental breakfast - bread with ham, cheese, jam etc

I'm not a cereal lover either except for All Bran and Porridge - so I usually have eggs - scrambled, boiled, poached or even an omlette.

Make some couscous muffins! This is what I do

1 cup couscous
1.5 cup boiling water
5tbsp splenda
1 vanilla or toffee muller light
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence

Soak the couscous in boiling water until completely absorbed. Stir in all the other ingredients and spoon into a muffin tray, lined with muffin paper cups. Bake for 40 minutes on 180 degrees celsius until lightly browned on top! This makes about 4 big muffins and I have one for breakfast in the mornings. If you're on the go you can stop by a starbucks and have a tall skinny latte. That way you can still have "latte & muffins" :D

Last edited:
I dont have breakfast until around 10-10.30am, I couldnt face the thought of it otherwise!
I normally make things the night before that I can either re-heat in the microwave at work - like bacon, sausages etc and I also have a microwave egg poacher.
Failing that, how about 2 weetabix, take a tupperware container as a bowl and a flask containing your allowance of milk for a cereal. Fruit salads are another option, or as Honeyoc suggested the muffins.
There are plenty of options available Hun, you just have to find a way to adapt them.

xx

all fab ideas - thanks! just need to be a bit more creative in my approach! x x

I've got a sausage sandwich this morning with ketchup :D

When working early I 'grab and go' or make something very quick:

2 alpen light bars
2 ryvita fruit crunch bars
4 sesame ryvitas with laughing cow light
3 pagen rolls with chopped boiled egg
cheese on toast

If I ever want to save my HEXB and have a little extra time I have:

Fruit and yoghurt
Beans and sausage
Tin ravioli (1.5 syns- and surprisingly nice at brekkie)

xxx

Make some couscous muffins! This is what I do

1 cup couscous
1.5 cup boiling water
5tbsp splenda
1 vanilla or toffee muller light
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence

Soak the couscous in boiling water until completely absorbed. Stir in all the other ingredients and spoon into a muffin tray, lined with muffin paper cups. Bake for 40 minutes on 180 degrees celsius until lightly browned on top! This makes about 4 big muffins and I have one for breakfast in the mornings. If you're on the go you can stop by a starbucks and have a tall skinny latte. That way you can still have "latte & muffins" :D

Wow these sound gorgeous, whats the consistency of them like, i would never have thought o fputting couscous with anything sweet im defo guna give these a go!

Do you know what a cup is in grams, i never know what a cup actually means measurement wise!

I made them the other day and had a strawberry Muller to it instead...not bad as far as a cake goes! Lol

are these cous couse cakey things syn free then? Sounds a bit too fab....

Wow these sound gorgeous, whats the consistency of them like, i would never have thought o fputting couscous with anything sweet im defo guna give these a go!

Do you know what a cup is in grams, i never know what a cup actually means measurement wise!

I know there's been an on-going debate on whether using couscous as a baking ingredient is allowed but the way I see it that you're not altering the structure of the couscous (i.e. blending it into a flour) and you will not be consuming any more than you would if you were to make say a couscous salad or tagine. If anything you'd be eating less!

The texture is really dense and heavy, somewhat stodgy in a good way lol. Really delicious! I'm not really sure what a cup measures in weight, I'm thinking 250g? I use measuring cups for baking.

Checked with Con recently and cous cous is free like this as you are eating it in the way it is meant to be eaten. A bit like having rice pudding xx

I used to make the couscous cake with lemon juice and lemon curd (not much so hardly any syns for the whole cake. Made it flat though and did it in the oven so it went brown.

I now have porridge most mornings - but have been known to make a plate of wedges to nosh on before now. They took just the right time to have a shower and put on make-up.

You'll usually find it beside the wholefoods - the lentils, dried pulses etc or failing that healthfood shops should have it. :)

Back