breakfasts?

I'm going to try these. The only trouble is I find it hard to find plain cous cous it is always flavoured. Does any-one else have this problem?

Sainsburys stock it plain - own brand - i found it near the Ainsley Harriott flavoured ones.

A 500g bag ( actually looks smaller than it weighs)- burgundy and cream coloured bag. It looked like a small bag of rice.

HTH x

Checked with Con recently and cous cous is free like this as you are eating it in the way it is meant to be eaten. A bit like having rice pudding xx

I like your Con....;). Mine said that if you use couscous in any way apart for the usual it HAS to be syned. I stopped using it but I think I can't figure that logic!
I do like the sound of those muffins and will make them.

If I eat breakfast, and I don't always, I have muller lights or Activia and fruit. And sometimes dried apricots. I can't eat for the sake of eating so if I am not hungry I don't, and mostly in the mornings I am not hungry.

I have couscous with fruit (made with cordial) or rice, fruit & yoghurt; porrige; toast & eggs, you could take boiled eggs to work; tofu & beans; or just fruit & yoghurt. I buy frozen fruit & just take out what I need the night before.

If you're going to be eating on the go what about the polenta cake recipe on here somewhere, it's made savoury but you could make it any flavour you like I would have thought. I made this recently & it tasted yummy.

Or if you like red days how about making up some syn free/low sausages the night before & eating them cold, that's if you like cold sausages.

Or some Laughing Cow light triangles to munch on.

I'm all thought out for now but will let you know if I think of anything else.;)

I have branflakes every day but if I am running late I grab 2 Alpen Light bars (delicious) and if I'm still hungry an apple and a muller light. Count the 2 bars a one HexB and muller and apple - FREE!!!

i dont like cereal and milk (hate milkshakes and icecream to) so i have been having a muller yoghurt with 28g of alpen (hex b) i like the toffee muller light you could add some chopped fruit to it aswell

wow im going to make some of these muffins right now.i am a huge fan of anything cakey or stodgey and miss it most ...but not for long..nom nom

I'm going to have a go at making these too they sound fab.

I wouldn't syn them either because if you ate those ingredients separately for brekki it would be free ....ie, some cous cous with chopped up hard boiled egg followed by a mullerlight ..... so why, because you add some splenda and a tsp of vanilla and stick it in the oven is it suddenly synned!?!?

Bizarre!

I'm sure I read in my book once (many moons ago) that polenta is free unless it is used in cooking? maybe that is the same as cous cous

Yeah there's a whole big debate on the old couscous front .... and don't get me started on homemade crisps and pasta quiche!! lol

Last edited:
whats wrong with homemade crisps i thought they were free if done with frylight. My cous cous muffins are in the fridge right now and smell lush cant wait for them to finish

lol so i will eat a ton of potatoes instead well not tonight ive just had potato wedges and homemade pizza

I've just tried the muffins, oh my lord they are delicious and even better someone on here has had an e-mail from SW HQ stating that the use of cous cous is free in these

Yeah the lasagne crisps ..... mind, didn't someone say recently that SW said it was the same for the potato ones because you could easily eat say 2 potatoes worth of homemade crisps as a snack but you wouldn't eat two jackie P's as a snack!?

Piggin, the pasta quiche is made up using a Batchelors pasta'n'sauce with egg n stuff added and then baked.

x

PS/ I'm just having my brekki now ..... homemade mushroom soup ... yummo!!

i had potato wedges made with frylight last night though and used 2 spuds !! I do have alot to lose though and always used to snack at night so trying to have a larger meal in the evenings so i dont snack

I always use 2 spuds for wedges or 'chips' too. I think SW are going a bit overboard with some of their new free food 'abuse' ideas tbh!

o thats ok then was kind of panicking then i had to many wedges lol right gonna go have a mug shot early lunch as the dogs due at the groomers for 12.30 :D

Back