Breastfeeding

WillowFae

Gold Member
Okay, so I know that you are not supposed to do CD when breastfeeding, and I can obviously see why.

However, my situation is this. DD is 16 months old and so she is fully weened onto solids and has three full meals a day. But I do still feed her morning and night. This is for comfort more than anything as she doesn't need nutrition from me.

Would this still mean that I couldn't do CD?

hi there,
as far as your daughter is concerned, it should be ok as she is no longer dependant upon you for nutrients, like you say it is for comfort.
but i would be concerned about you, will the small amount of cals on cd be enough to sustain you whilst still nursing ? also there is the possibility that milk production will reduce or dry up due to insufficient calories meaning that your daughter will stop feeding, she could protest greatly !!
Have you tried contacting NCT or Laleche ? maybe they will have better info ?
good luck
dani x

Hi,

I was in the same boat, my little man is 15 months..... 2 be honest it didn't seem to do me or him any harm but my milk has slowly decreased to the stage where 3 nights ago I finished BF'ing. Luckily the transition from my milk to cows milk went very smoothly, I think I'd had very little milk for a couple of nights so he was glad to have something different. It was the right time for us but if you're not ready to give it up I would seriously think again about starting CD.

Jules x

Back