Breath freshener question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Zaccy, 5 March 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Zaccy

Zaccy Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello

I am on day three of CD now and everything is going fine. I can ignore the hunger pangs for now and I am sure they will stop soon.

My only real problem is that I know I have bad breath and that is really, really bothering me. I would normally chew sugarfree gum when I am feeling less than fresh but I have found on here that I shouldn't do that.

My question is whether there is anything else I can use such as those little gelatine strips or a breath spray.

Can anyone who knows this let me know?

Thanks very much

Zac

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have chewed sugar-free gum since day 1 of my Cambridge journey, without ill-effect BUT it can make some people feel very hungry - you'll just have to try it and see.

You can use either the strips or the breath freshener sprays too

4. Zaccy

Zaccy Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you! I can deal with getting hungry if it means I can still talk to people!

5. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    On LL I used Tesco or Boots own brand sugar free breath freshener spray as and when I needed to.

6. Designerdiva23

Designerdiva23 Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im suffer from the same thing...Day 3 and a really clammy mouth...I can actually smell my breath and I'm so conscious that I have to talk to people shielding my mouth on the side...not good!!

Is there any particular brand of gum thats acceptable or is it best to stick to the sprays:wave_cry:

7. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I use sugar free chewing gum every day. I do get hungry every now and then but nothing unbearable.. and at least it stops me being paranoid about having bad breath!

8. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Please dont try sugar free gum, or any gum, its not advisable for a number of reasons, if you have to then try chewing it for 5 mins and then getting rid.

I used gold spot and it worked fine for me, those strips are ok too, but hard to get hold of round by me, and I also used superdrug breath freshner and it worked a treat x

9. cillabatty

cillabatty carol

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have had suger free gum every day this week, and got weighed today 11lb off, so its not done me any harm.

10. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!

Its not the weight loss that it usually effects, excess stomach acid is a major side effect, causing pain and heartburn, also hunger pangs are a side effect.

It does work for some, I personally never tried it on the advice of my CDC. Spray worked just fine for me x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.