breath !!

rose1987

reaching my goal
Hi , my mouth tastes disgusting , amd my partner said my breath smells bad .
How long will this go on and why is this happening to me i have never suffered with bad breath :confused:

It is because you are in ketosis....fat burning mode.

drink plenty of water, maybe peppermint tea, use mouthwash, a mouth spray maybe. When your mouth is dry is when it will be at its worst. Like in the morning.

Good luck :)

Yeah Isis is quite correct, only 4 days in and you are being helped by Ketosis, you lucky girl, but it is good.

The body is using it's own fat as a energy source and it leaves this gross taste in your mouth and this will carry on and on and on until you either stop the diet or drop out of ketosis for whatever reason. I have had this condition since I started, my mouth feels like the bottom of a bird cage all the time. I use mouth spray all day and brush my teeth 3 time a day but that only helps for a short while. Drink lots of water. If you want to read more about it go this link.

Ketosis Myths and Facts on the Low-Carbohydrate Diet.

You are a lucky girl are'nt you but well done it also shows you are sticking to the diet, bad for Team Blue

Thank you isis , mark . I keep using mouthwash . I wasnt sure if i was in ketosis, havent used ketostix yet x

hi calli , im on day 5 and i feel great . I dont feel hungry at all , havent had headaches or sickness apart fron bad breath :jelous:

Rose that is the ketones being released in your body that is helping you and making you feel good and not hungry. Thats the pleasure of being in Ketosis

After reading this, I asked my partner and he said he hadn't noticed a smell. I asked him again and he said hand on heart....so God Bless water and peppermint tea lol

i love ketosis ... i love being JOYOUS and NOT hungry.. TO HELL WITH BAD BREATH I shall huff on people all day long heheh

have you read marks thread looking for you yet shorty?:)

nope :( Will search now.. theres so many to get through from you little chatterboxes xxx

I sometimes chew a leaf or two of parsley to help my ketosis breaath as well. Dunno if that will help anyone else.......

Nope... I have decided to save money on the 'stix'.. and instead use my bad breath as an indicator that I am in ketosis... If I am able to make people wince and flee in nose holding terror.. I think I can safely say thats a positive result for ketones and acetones and all the things it should be :D

Back