breath

marah_rn

how bad could a breath smell? I get very self conscious. Can we brush our teeth as often or have a breath freshener few times a day? Any recommended brand for mouthwash and toothpaste?

thanks

i'm not sure but I alway keep a mini mouthwash in mmy bag along with toothpste and a brush. If im in my office at work i will brush my teeth every hour, if im outnabout i will swirl some mouthwash and spit it out after i get out of the car - sorry if thats disgusting. any alcohol free mouth washes are good, i cant use th brah strips cos they have gelatine in. and bad breath can smell without u realsiing so better to do it than not to, I dont realise it pongs but my DH has told me (i had to ask him), would never say otherwise as not to upset me but I need to know!

Marah you can get the listerine mouth strips from the chemist or off eBay. I personally find them unpleasant but it's the only thing apart from alcohol free mouthwash which I carry in my bag everywhere I go. This is the worst side affect I find as its a horrendous smell lol but we have no choice than to put up with it as its only temporary xxx

slimgem said:
Marah you can get the listerine mouth strips from the chemist or off eBay. I personally find them unpleasant but it's the only thing apart from alcohol free mouthwash which I carry in my bag everywhere I go. This is the worst side affect I find as its a horrendous smell lol but we have no choice than to put up with it as its only temporary xxx

Thanks slimgem. It's only my first day so i'm excited and anxious.

Ah you'll be fine but remember the first four days up to a week are grueling so if you can get passed that you'll be on a roll as it does get easier trust me. Although I won't lie there are days that get you down but more often than not the following days are good and fly by. I'm on day 23 and still can't believe it sometimes. Just to think I've not eaten any food in three n a half weeks. But you'll be there very soon. Just keep reading everyone's success stories which are remarkable really as I would have given up by now if I wasn't on here. Good luck Hun xxxx

I find that drinking lots of water does help with the breat but also I only ever drink peppermint tea and that helps loads too. I only find my breath really bad immediately following a shake but most of the time, due to the water I drink (up to 4 litres a day) and the peppermint tea (water from tea included in the total 4 litres a day) keeps my breath relatively fresh (ish).

Getting a bit paranoid now, I never use anything for my breath as I hadn't noticed anything bad about it, hope I havent been stinking the place up!

slimgem said:
Ah you'll be fine but remember the first four days up to a week are grueling so if you can get passed that you'll be on a roll as it does get easier trust me. Although I won't lie there are days that get you down but more often than not the following days are good and fly by. I'm on day 23 and still can't believe it sometimes. Just to think I've not eaten any food in three n a half weeks. But you'll be there very soon. Just keep reading everyone's success stories which are remarkable really as I would have given up by now if I wasn't on here. Good luck Hun xxxx

Thanks a lot!

Ms R said:
I find that drinking lots of water does help with the breat but also I only ever drink peppermint tea and that helps loads too. I only find my breath really bad immediately following a shake but most of the time, due to the water I drink (up to 4 litres a day) and the peppermint tea (water from tea included in the total 4 litres a day) keeps my breath relatively fresh (ish).

I'm constantly asking my boyfriend if my breath smells, and keep breathing in his face and he's like "NO." ... but I reckon he's just saying that, I bet my breath actually pongs! hahaa

I didn't think it mattered which toothpaste you use? Well I hope not, cos I've never thought about that!
I just use any, whichever one is in the house... Oops, hope there's no toothpaste rule!

beckiieboop said:
I didn't think it mattered which toothpaste you use? Well I hope not, cos I've never thought about that!
I just use any, whichever one is in the house... Oops, hope there's no toothpaste rule!

I think toothpaste should not have sorbitol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back