Brendan's Exante Diary

I had a bit of a bad night last night.

Im working 7 days a week at the moment and when I'm not working, I'm looking after our kids while my wife works. It's been like this for a few months now and it's starting to take its toll.

I'm sure covid is affecting everyone seriously at this point. Being on a restrictive diet takes away pretty much the only fun thing that we're allowed to go out and do at the moment: eat and drink.

Anyway, last night my wife could see me about to crack so she insisted that we go out for tea at the local.

I tried to keep it ketosis friendly by having a mixed grill (ie lots of protein) but I did end up having a few chips and I guess most sausage is full of carbs. Plus I had a pint ;)

Anyway, back on it today so we'll see how the weigh in goes on Wednesday...

You know what you needed that, hope you enjoyed it and just get back on plan today.

Life is for living after all and it won't set you back at all.

Forgot to post weigh in yesterday. Down another 3lbs to 15st12 now. Happy to have broken the 16st barrier. Hope everyone else is having a good week :)

Managed to end up at work yesterday with no shakes. I had one before work in the morning but by the time I got home, I was well past the time for shake 2 so I decided to make the most of the situation by replacing shake 2 and 3 (and my 200 calories of food) with a mixed grill. Well worth it :)

So I've got another weigh in tomorrow and then tomorrow evening I'm going to start transitioning out of ketosis. We're away on Friday for a night at a spa so I'll definitely be drinking and I've heard there's some issues with drinking while in ketosis. I'll still be paying attention to keeping calories low for the week but it might well have an effect on my weigh in next week.

Another week, another two pounds gone. Slowly inching towards my 10% goal.
This has not been my best week. Not so much in terms of weight loss (any loss is a good loss) but more in terms of me actually sticking to the diet. A couple of times this week, work has got in the way and I've ended up short on products and indulged in a meat feast in the evening to compensate. Likewise, due to work stress, I've gone to the pub a couple of times and even though I've made good food choices, both times I had a couple of pints and a few fries so that's not ideal.
Last night I started my transition out of ketosis. I had some homemade wedges to go with some homemade turkey meatballs. I could barely eat half of what I prepared and I'm feeling the hunger today as my body calls out for more carbs. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this week goes. Hopefully I can be back in ketosis by my next weigh in and at the very least, I won't put on any weight.

You'll get back into it, this isn't a straight road to goal it's a long and winding road with bumps in the way but the main thing is you don't go crazy (which you didn't) and you stay partly focused (you did) and then just get back on it!

Well, we had a great weekend but as expected, things didn't go well in terms of my diet. I'm not going to dwell on it too much and I'm back on shakes again now so hopefully I can get back in to ketosis by weigh-in day. Either way, I'm kind of expecting a gain this week so really I'd just be happy with staying the same.

Happy to report another 2lbs lost this week which is more than I could have hoped for so very happy with that. Inching ever closer to the 10% goal!

So, bad news this week. A combination of life and work stresses were causing me some real problems this week. I was finding that the stress inevitably led to a drink or two to relax and then once I'd had a couple of drinks, I was totally up for a takeaway.

I've probably not done too badly on total calories this week but I made the decision to stop Exante since it was leading to very bad eating patterns of having one product during the day then having beers and takeaway in the evening. Since stopping, I've been able to eat sensibly during the day and cook for myself in the evenings.

Obviously stopping Exante has meant a build up of glycogen stores which is no doubt responsible for my gain this week. I don't think I've actually put on any "fat" since I've not consumed enough calories for it.

My plan for the next week is just to eat sensibly. I've completely cut out many of the things that I've leant on in the past such as bread, chips, crisps and sweets. All things that are so easy to eat in excess and to store as fat. We'll see how this week goes. Hopefully I'll still be able to lose weight this way which is really going to help me get through the current stresses in my life. If things don't go well, I'll probably switch to weight watchers for a few weeks. In about a month, work should really get quiet at which point I can resume Exante and maybe get another 6 weeks in before I relax things for the festive season.

Happy to report a 1lb loss this week. Glad to be moving in the right direction again!

Back