3106Catherine

Silver Member
I couldn't see any other threads and as I'm getting hitched in May 2016, I really need to knuckle down after New Year and get the 2 stone off that I want to lose. Any other brides to be, or bridesmaids, shifting some pounds for that dress?

Once I lose my weight I am going to plan a family party at home, as we ran away and got married and I would like to celebrate the wedding with my family especially my Dad as he is not well and I know it would be extra special for him to see me happy with the man I love who will take care of me when he is no longer here.

The bond I have with my Dad is so extra special, he is my mentor, promoter and just the best man I have ever met, so my hubby has so much to live up to

My dress is a size 12 from Monsoon (so more like a standard 10) I am presently a size 16 at Next so 3 to 4 stone loss should get me into it.

All the very best with your wedding Hun, my advice is enjoy the day everyone will take care of themselves it is your day one you will always look back on with funny and fond memories.

And more importantly good luck with the weight loss journey.

Cee Cee

Hi! I'm getting married in May 2017, and just ordered my dress a few weeks ago in a size and a half smaller than I am now!

I've got around 3st to go to get to my first target weight of 11st so need all the motivation I can get but know it's possible as I'm already over 2st down!

Hi! I'm getting married in May 2017, and just ordered my dress a few weeks ago in a size and a half smaller than I am now!

I've got around 3st to go to get to my first target weight of 11st so need all the motivation I can get but know it's possible as I'm already over 2st down!

Well done on your 2st loss. I've got 3st to go by May 2016 ideally. However the dress can be taken in if needed and luckily is very flattering anyway :) Whats your dress like or can you not give too much away x

Well done on your 2st loss. I've got 3st to go by May 2016 ideally. However the dress can be taken in if needed and luckily is very flattering anyway :) Whats your dress like or can you not give too much away x

We can do this, I'd like to lose about 3st by this May too!

My dress is sweetheart neckline, fitted then kicks out above the knee, full lace with a little sparkle through it! What's yours like? :)

That sounds gorgeous. Mine is also sweetheart neckline, fitted to the hips then flares. Not a lot of sparkle on it, but elegant and under stated :) I';m so struggling though at the moment, just hand a handful of peanuts! Can't wait for New Year to be over so I can clear all the crap food out!

I'm bridesmaid in May (?) 2017. I know it seems ages away but I'm already panicking about what if the bride decides she finds perfect dresses for us and wants to order them early. Plus I have loads to lose, eek!

Every journey starts with one step, and you are taking the steps.

I also have loads to lose - I seen my sister in law on New Years Eve and she looked amazing she has lost 4 stone on SW

When I first met my sister in law I was a size 6 and 8 stone, oh how things change she was over 15 stone

Seeing how good my sister in law looks Spurs me on I can do this and so can you

Best of luck keep in touch

Cee Cee

Hi all.

I am to be a bridesmaid Easter 2017 in an Italian Villa but I have a hen for a close friend in Barcelona in May. (And they are all skinny ladies!!) So I want three stone off for that and a fourth for her wedding in July. Then I will be happy around 9st!!!!

Hope to maintain it then and find a target range for the wedding in Italy in 2017.

The perfect group for me me to join! I'm joined Slimming World today and I'm getting married on the 5th March so I don't have long. I lost nearly 4.5 stone with SW 5 years ago but I'm nearly 3 stone up from the lowest weight I got too. There have been a lot of tears today and asking myself why I've left it until now. I know I can't do much in 9 weeks but I plan to work my socks of and would really love some support.

Congratulations on all your losses so far and good luck with your wedding challenges :)

The perfect group for me me to join! I'm joined Slimming World today and I'm getting married on the 5th March so I don't have long. I lost nearly 4.5 stone with SW 5 years ago but I'm nearly 3 stone up from the lowest weight I got too. There have been a lot of tears today and asking myself why I've left it until now. I know I can't do much in 9 weeks but I plan to work my socks of and would really love some support.

Congratulations on all your losses so far and good luck with your wedding challenges :)

You'll be our first group wedding then I reckon! Don't beat yourself up, its easily done, personally I NEED to hit 2lb a week and I can hit my target by my wedding in May, but it's going to be hard cos I have no leeway. What I tell myself is that he loves me how I am, so really I'm doing it for me and my own health and well being. Where are you getting married/honeymooning? x

Hi all.

I am to be a bridesmaid Easter 2017 in an Italian Villa but I have a hen for a close friend in Barcelona in May. (And they are all skinny ladies!!) So I want three stone off for that and a fourth for her wedding in July. Then I will be happy around 9st!!!!

Hope to maintain it then and find a target range for the wedding in Italy in 2017.

Snap, I want 3st off by May, are you confident? I've worked out 2lb a week and my target is achievable so its not unrealistic x

I'm bridesmaid in May (?) 2017. I know it seems ages away but I'm already panicking about what if the bride decides she finds perfect dresses for us and wants to order them early. Plus I have loads to lose, eek!

Does she know you are planning to lose weight? She may hold off for a while as trends change etc as do peoples shapes! Most dresses have to be altered in some way though unless she is going completely off the peg x

Thanks for replying it feels so good to be back in the situation of having people to talk to. It's what makes the difference for me. I need to talk about it and have that weekly reckoning. Yesterday was good, made a lovely risotto that I used to make back in the day. Hubby to be loved it too. Started today with a cooked breakfast and there's risotto for later so nothing to lead me astray. Just have to ignore alcohol when in the pub later. OH and me are both musicians so we spend half our lives in pubs which is why I've put on so much weight! I'm doing dry January so that should help.

Catherine you're right to remember he's not marrying you for what you weigh. We all know it really but insecurities tend to be deep rooted. Have you had a chat with him about it? I spoke to mine yesterday and even just saying it even though I know he doesn't care about my size ( I was at my biggest when we met 6 years ago) it still helped me hearing him say it :)

Oh and I'm getting married in East Sussex and honeymooning in America for 3 and a half weeks! Can't believe it!

Thanks for replying it feels so good to be back in the situation of having people to talk to. It's what makes the difference for me. I need to talk about it and have that weekly reckoning. Yesterday was good, made a lovely risotto that I used to make back in the day. Hubby to be loved it too. Started today with a cooked breakfast and there's risotto for later so nothing to lead me astray. Just have to ignore alcohol when in the pub later. OH and me are both musicians so we spend half our lives in pubs which is why I've put on so much weight! I'm doing dry January so that should help.

Catherine you're right to remember he's not marrying you for what you weigh. We all know it really but insecurities tend to be deep rooted. Have you had a chat with him about it? I spoke to mine yesterday and even just saying it even though I know he doesn't care about my size ( I was at my biggest when we met 6 years ago) it still helped me hearing him say it :)

Oh and I'm getting married in East Sussex and honeymooning in America for 3 and a half weeks! Can't believe it!

Hubby to be isnt worried about my weight, he's more worried about his own! I am trying to get him on plan at the moment. TBH given how much better men lost than women, if he just stuck to it 75% he would see good results.

I'm getting married in my local church and having party after at local social club, it's second time round for both of us and we didn't want all the pomp and ceremony this time. We are having 10 days in the Dominican Republic, I can't wait! x

Hi Catherine.
Yeah I plan 2 a week but I know myself star week I always gain a few lbs but I plan on doing lots of SP days as well.

I'm with you there then, I do mostly SP, or red days x

I dont know the green or red day plans as I only started in group after EE and SP.

But I find an SP week I tend to loose at least 4-5lbs minimins

I dont know the green or red day plans as I only started in group after EE and SP.

But I find an SP week I tend to loose at least 4-5lbs minimins

I've struggled with understanding SP because I did red days. I assumed it was pretty much the same thing, but of course it isn't due to the lack of yogurt etc on it. I'm slowly getting my head round it though x

Back