Bridesmaidblitz food diary (SW and calorie counting)

bridesmaidblitz

Hi, I'm Laura and am a bridesmaid for my friend in October and so I am hoping to lose around ten pounds before the wedding! I want to make sure I fit into the dress! I will be calorie counting but using Slimming World ideas too (otherwise I will eat my calorie allowance in chocolate!). Io will hopefully be adding pictures once I am allowed to!

I am weighing in tomorrow but last week I clocked eleven stone! :(

Day 1. 8th July 2013.

Extra Easy

Breakfast: Low fat Greek style natural yogurt, pomegranate seeds and honey. (1 syn)

Lunch: Jacket potato with butter, tuna and mayonnaise with spring onion. (5 syns)

Dinner: Trout, Anisley Harriott Spice Sensation couscous, broccoli, carrots and green beans. (0.75 syns)

Snacks: Cathedral city light cheese (HEa) on toast (HEb); Galaxy bubbles hot chocolate with two chocolate animal biscuits. (6 syns)

Total Syns for the week: 12.75/105 syns.

Total Calories for the day: 1,085.
I am aware I am a little low on the calories but I had quite a lot to eat yesterday so it will all even out. I still feel I have eaten well to be honest.

So, day two. My food has been lovely today!

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg x2 cooked in clover, half a tin of chopped tomatoes, Quorn sausages x3; Activia Coconut. (6 Syns) 570 calories.

Lunch: Weight Watchers wholemeal pitta bread (HEb), ham, Cathedral City light slices (HEa), lettuce, cherry tomatoes; Animal biscuits x2. (4 Syns) 361 calories.

Dinner: Chicken skewers with red onion, mushroom, tomato and pepper served with Slimming World chips. 421 calories.

Snack: Caramel coffee with milk; Alpen light cherry bakewell bar; Galaxy bubbles hot chocolate. (6 syns) 126 calories.

Total syns for the week: 28.75/105

Total calories for the day: 1,478

I also spent around 40 minutes walking in this heat! It all adds up so I'm taking it!​

Another good day. I have felt quite hungry today though, but I am ignoring it and will eat in the morning. I think my stomach needs to shrink!

I had a job interview today, but it was really odd. The guy didn't really ask me any questions apart from my experience and then went on babbling about his business for 30 minutes. Will find out the end of this week either way. To be honest, I don't think I'll be bothered if I don't get it. The place looked a mess, lots of crap on the floor, paint chips on stairs, general run down feel to it. Very bare, the interview room had two chairs and NOTHING else. No desk, nothing. The guy didn't welcome me or shake my hand. Not sure about it at all. I'd take it because I need a job and recent experience, but I don't reckon I would stay there for the long term.

Anyway. FOOD!

Extra Easy

Breakfast: 250ml semi skimmed milk (HEa) and 35g Coco Shreddies (HEb); half a small container of 0% Greek style natural yogurt with a tiny amount of honey; melon; smooth caramel coffee. (0.5 syn) 327 Calories

Lunch: Hot smoked salmon and potato salad with tomato, watercress and light mayonnaise; Coke Zero. (2 syns) 327 Calories

Dinner: Sumac coated prawns and spring onion, lemon cous cous and roasted vegetables with extra virgin olive oil. (3.75 syns) 444 Calories

Snack: Babybel; pineapple. (3 syns) 157 Calories

Total Syns: 38/105

Total Calories: 1,255

Not much exercise, 15 minute walk trying to find interview building but that is all.​

Had a fantastic trip out today! It was great! A trip around Calke Abbey and then to Ashby De La Zouche. I love that castle! So interesting!

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Half a tub of Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself Greek Style Natural Yogurt with honey. (3.25 Syns) 224 Calories

Lunch: Hot roasted pork salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onion) with bbq sauce. (4 syns) 312 Calories

Dinner: Chicken with harrisa spices, cous cous and a grilled tomato. (0.75 Syns) 481 Calories

Snacks: Ribena Ice Lolly; Galaxy hot chocolate with smooth caramel coffee (to make a mocha!); Cheese (HEa) on Toast (HEb) (5.5 Syns) 331 Calories

Total syns: 52.5/105

Total Calories: 1,348

Participated in some exercise today too! Well, walking counts doesn't it! Roughly an hour and a half walking around gardens and climbing up castle towers. :)

I got offered a job today as a teaching assistant! :)

Today I decided on a Green Day

Green Day

Breakfast:
250ml milk (HEa) with 35g Coco Shreddies (HEb); Banana; Smooth caramel coffee. 367 Calories

Lunch: Baked potato with clover, beans and Cathedral City light cheese slices x2 (HEb). (2 Syns) 694 Calories

Dinner: Potato Salad with mayo, cherry tomatoes and Quorn Cumberland sausages x2 (4 Syns) 408 Calories

Snacks: Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell bar; Chocolate lime; Galaxy hot chocolate; Twiglets. (11 Syns) 227 Calories

Total Syns for the week: 69.5/105

Total Calories: 1,696

Yesterday did not happen!

Anyway, I'm just going to count Syns I think because counting calories is getting on my nerves! I'll review this decision after next weeks weigh in though!

So, menu for today!

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Tesco fat free Greek style natural yogurt, pineapple and honey. (1 Syn)

Lunch: Grilled cheese wholemeal sandwich (HEb) with Cathedral City Light slices X2 (HEa); Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell Bars x2; Animal biscuit (8 Syns)

Dinner: Hot smoked Salmon, potato salad with light mayo, salad and roasted carrots. (5 Syns)

Snacks: Coffee with milk; cherry tomatoes; peaches; banana. (Quite a lot of fruit today!) (1 syn)

Total Syns: 15

Back