Bridies Diary

bridiegeorge

Hi my name is Bridie and i am married with three children 28 22 and 20 all still living at home, (we make it to easy for them) one dog, and one 93 year old father in law that could no longer live on his own so he moved in with us April 2011 (much harder than i thought it would be...) well I have been on this site for many years, was thinking of going down the surgery route a couple of years ago, although doctor recomended it, the powers that be said no (I wasnt big enough) then in March 2010 I became very ill. wont bore you with to much detail, spent 7 weeks on Neurological ward in Frenchay hospital with swelling on the brain daignosed with wait for it... Meningoencephamyelitis .. very rare... I lost my sight and the use of my legs and lots of other problems. luckily the medication worked in time and after a couple of relapses have been home since August 2010. My sight has returned, and I can stand and walk alittle, hoping it will still get better, docs have said recovery rates vary but it can continue to improve over years.. lesions on my brain and spinal cord so there is hope,, after being on very high steroids (brilliant things when needed) my weight which dropped by about 3 stone during the acute phase of illness, leapt up by nearly 5 stone.. so as i was already huge before it really was not needed.. still on lots of meds but the steroids have been tapered down to 10mg so the moonface which accompanies srteroids should go, which gave me the nudge to do something about the rest of my weight problems, and the fact that a new Slimming world opened on the 13th dec just down my road in local hall spurred me to join, i lost 6 pounds the first week and 5 1/2 last week, i weigh again tomorrow evening, I have to do it this time, i turned 50 shhh last september and i think its been a problem for long enough, am hoping that as i lose it will help my health problems well it definitely wont do me any harm, sorry i have gabbled on, but that is me... also I have really bad memory from all of this so sorry if i repeat myself, family say i am always doing it. well i am looking forward to sharing my story with anyone that cares to read it, if not at least it stops me eating whilst typing and reading all from here. will update after my weigh in tomorrow and will share the good and the bad..

Hi. Welcome and I am sure you do well as you have taken the first steps and already lost nearly 1 stone.
There are lots of people here with good advice and excellent support.
I'll be back again in a couple of days time to see how you are doing.
Take care.

Thank you floweryrosie, just got back from slimming world weigh in and I have lost a pound (I know its a loss but one pound!!) I stuck to plan except for new years eve when i had a few bacardis and diet cokes, and then it should have been ok as syns, feel a bit sad as the first two weeks were such good losses. and as i have so much to lose was hoping that 3 or 4 lbs for a few more weeks would be a great start, but i am going to keep at it exactly the same minus the bacardis... and see what next week brings, last night i felt really hungry and it was the thought of being weighed tonight that kept me going, well tomorrow is another day........

have been reading diaries on here for the past couple of hours, keeps me out of the kitchen... so many inspiring stories, husband out tonight so the Quality street tin is calling me from the corner of the room, have not answered it yet and am trying not to, am hoping he can finish them off tomorrow, even the kids havent bothered yet, as they still have loads of choc)/sweets lurking in their bedrooms... just let the dog out into the garden and the wind is howling, just had a tip that mullerlights are 10 for 2 pounds at morrisons so planning to persuade him to take me there tomorrow,

had a good weekend food wise, lots of salad and veg, and my sugar free jelly, dont feel to hungry, yet stomach has been rumbling away, hope that means fat is dissolving.... had my hair cut and coloured, had to hide the greys! husband back to work tomorrow after the xmas break, so should get back into routine. i have been reading a lot of the diaries and stories on here, very inspiring.

off for my weigh in this evening, have had a good week so am hoping for a good loss, but you never know! I always feel like this before i weigh?

oh and i got my 1 stone sticker. i even won the raffle, which was all the ingredients for vegetable singapore noodles, from the all in one book, then i bought the book so we can try lots of new recipes

had lunch with a friend today and stuck to plan, i think its getting easier now, not feeling very hungry at all!! it will get me tomorrow.. i shall feel its really working when i can get my ring off my finger, i put my mums ring on two years ago and have not been able to remove it, she later died so it is now mine, but it is very tight, at least now it turns on my finger. really enjoyed our raffle winning meal last night, must make some more from the book. my husband doesnt need to lose weight (well maybe a touch from his stomach) so i have the quarter of the meal he has the rest, it says feeds four, but he has a manual job so eats more anyway, just made another sugar free jelly with water and natural yogurt, they are lovely with fruit really filling, just gonna get some ironing done, i dont think i can count that as exercise.....

Just made some vegetable soup, added some noodles to it, not having any syns for next 3 days, want to see if i can get a bigger weightloss... ( a few years ago i lost 4 stone and lost 3lb every week)

just been to SW and I have lost 3 1/2 pounds this week. 18 and 1/2 gone. very pleased, still in the right mindset (long may it last) the consultant asked if there was anything that might get in the way this week, i said nothing to get in the way this year.. i have been watching " a year to save my life" and thought thats what i am doing this year is my year for the healthy way of life, my only worry at the moment is the exercise ireally cant do anything at the moment and dont know when or if i will, although i am going to try having a go on an exercise bike!! see if i can do a couple of minutes and build up slowly. its worth a try, i have been trying to walk around the house a bit more,am hoping for two and a half next week to take me to one and a half stone, every bit helps....

just watched the biggest loser, and was surprised at the losses especially compared to the american one. it just shows that the body cannot sustain such big ones. felt really pleased with my own losses, i didnt gain it overnight and wont lose it that quickly either, a good day today managed a little on the exercise bike... went bright red and sweaty very quickly... but its a start...

its 11.45pm and i feel hungry.. dont know why as i have eaten plenty today, the only thing i did differently is i didnt have porridge for breakfast, every day i have porridge with a banana but today i had special k with mullerlight and i must admit i was looking forward to lunch at about 10,30 stuck to plan all day and had 10 syns. am just going to put handcream on and try to think of something other than food, hope tomorrow is better, will have my porridge in the morning!!

a good day today, had my porridge, im sure it fills me longer. popped to morrisons (more mulerlights, ******* have changed the offer to 8 for two pounds, but still cheaper than other shops) made husband walk all around the shop even though i only needed a few bits, good exercise pushing the trolley around.. going to have salmon steaks tonight, was going to go the pub but decided it was to cold, and i might have got tempted, finding the drinking lots of water very hard, i dont drink tea or coffee, mainly diet coke, but i have never drank very much, so must up my game and start glugging

day was fine until 10pm, then i raided the biscuit tin 6:sigh: biscuits, then quality street tin left from xmas i had 12:sigh: even the ones i dont really like... why why why... i even had to stop myself or i would have eaten more.. oh this is what normally happens i am very good then bam, usually it means end of diet. so i will see what happens tomorrow. feel like s..t now, didnt really enjoy any of it.

had my porridge for brekkie and am trying to forget my blip from last night, i thought i had cured my eating habit, but i dont think you ever do. my friend who is very slim says she has to be careful, and restricts herself to stay the size she is... so i will always be like this but must make sure i allow for treats with my syns, i had been using them with my meals ie salad cream, tom ketchup etc, nobody said this would be easy, but this diet sorry healthy eating plan does seem the best as nothing is banned, i think being at home all day doesnt help, at least when i was in the office i didnt pick well not until lunchtime! so back on board and onwards,,, knowing that this will take a long time, but i can enjoy my food along the way. oh one more thing i froze a mullerlite the banana and custard one, it was delish another in for later today, got the tip from a diary on here, felt like i was having an ice cream dessert.....

just been to weigh in and lost 2lbs so still chipping away at it, so sundays mini binge didnt affect me to much, been back on the straight and narrow since, so lets see what another week brings...

just noticed my join date on the left,, 2008 it only seems like yesterday.. that was when i was going to the doctors asking for a gastric band! but they said no, so left it until Dec last year before i started my diet, if i had started slimming world then, it would all be gone by now, oh well cant go back so no regrets ? have changed my way of thinking overnight! and will be very happy with 2lb a week which should be doable. asked my doctor if my medication could slow down my weightloss, and it appears that even my lower doses of steroids and other immunosuppressents that i take could well do this, i was wondering as people at slimming world are losing 3 and 4 pounds per week and they are much smaller than me, so i mustnt stress, and two pounds is still very good, just done my grocery shop online and i must admit it has gone up well everyones has, but all the fruit and veg.. i just would hate not to have any in as im sure i would eat anything and everything, but as the pounds i have lost add up i am feeling i dont want to ruin what i have already done.. still havent told any body outside of husband and kids, and one friend who i email every week with loss.. am looking forward to the day when people notice, i think that wont be until the 2 to 3 stone mark, just had a jacket spud and baked beans and feel really full.

just been watching the news. bloody recession, its all doom and gloom, we will talk ourselves into this double dip at this rate, sick and tired of all politicians blaming each other and whining, but offering very few solutions.. there feel better now... not a great day today felt poorly so kept grazing,, but all free options, just rather lot of them. back on track tomorrow. every day is a challenge

Back