Brilliant Book!!

Not seen it m8 and there is no explanation, what's it all about then?

M.

Didn't realise there wasn't a synopsis!

This guy was 467 lb and after a brush with cancer decided he needed to change his life and lose the weight. He remortgaged his house, packed in his job and went on a tour of all the baseball stadiums in the US whilst doing a VLCD for 8 months!

That is the first half of the book - the second half is his philosphy and advice - the "Seven Pillars of Weight Loss" and his 10 traps of overeating.

He gives it really straight, from experience and it is an inspiring read!

Here's his site

Welcome to HealthSteward.com

I shall take a peek!

Mike

Okay, just had a quick look at the 7 'pillars'

Isn't this similar to PMcK? From what I see, it sounds like another 'this is what's going wrong...this is what you need to think to make it go right' book. Of course, getting to think the right way is a heck of a job if you have an eating disorder.

For instance, I have watched my family very closely this last 12 months. They have a signal that tells them to stop. However much they like a food, it is rare for them to overeat it. I try to emulate this behaviour, and I reckon I'm gradually reprogramming my brain, but it's a long journey for a 50 year old who's had an eating disorder for as long as I remember.

It isn't just a case of knowing the problem, or even sorting it out for a week or two.

So, I wonder if this book gives any really good advice on how to reprogramme that brain. At least P Mck gives you tapping techniques etc. Wonder what this book does.

So many books tell you what's wrong, when I really need a very nice man to come along and just magically fix it for me. (Okay a lady would do, but a man would be better;) )

Back