britains fattest teenager

that's very sad :( it's hard dealing with weight issues as an adult but we're a lot more resilient than teens.. and for her to lose her father, it's a shame. She obviously has psychological problems that need to be addressed otherwise she'll never overcome her issues and continue to eat herself to death . I hope she gets help and gets healthy again.. she's obviously proven physically she can do it, now she just has to work on herself mentally.

Poor kid! She really didn't learn to cope with the real world, did she? Part of me wants to give her a hug, but I think the type of help she'd need wouldn't be the huggy-buggy type. She needs a week with Jillian Michaels.

I read this a couple of days ago on the mail-online. It is very sad and being so young she should have more help a long time ago. Have to say that couldn't believe most of the comments people had written in the mail online about this! Like 'put down that fork' and 'nhs shouldn't waste their money cos she is beyond help'.
If this is the general publics view then I am ashamed. I hope that Georgia gets all the help she needs no matter of the cost and manages to get healthy again.

Sorry rant over but most of the comments on their were appalling!
:sigh:

She needs a week with Jillian Michaels.
i know she makes them open up and change their ways but by themselves (after a lot of shouting) i want a week with her too.

I just did a quick calc, on that basis that she has gained a stone a month, and 14lbs equals an additional 49000 cals a month, thats just an additional 1630 cals a day on top of her daily requirement which was probably around 1800 cals a day. When you consider that a Burger King whopper with cheese is around 800 cals, she only needed to eat 2 a day extra to her other food to gain all that weight back.

Its not such a great amount of additional food when you think of it like that. And quite scary. There but for the grace of god.......................................

I remember seeing her on TV and was really impressed with how she tackled her weight problem, but when she got home it was clear that mum wasnt going to be a lot of help to her. She is just a young girl and needed a lot of support. I think she has been let down badly by those that should have been supporting her. Very sad.

The comments on the DM website were outrageous but then how many of us can say we have never thought similar thoughts be it about alcoholics, gamblers, drug addicts, cigarette smokers or food addicts like Georgia. I guess there won't be many of us that could hand on heart say they have never had thoughts like that but the difference is most of us wouldn't publicly voice them.

Yes i hope she gets the help she needs with a decent follow up programme but what happens if in 5 years time it happens again, and another 5 years after that. She can't be allowed to see the help as a bottomless pit...after all how many other addicts get that sort of help?

Drug addicts tend to get a short programme but most end up back on it. Gp's stop referring after a couple of goes...its costing them money that they see can be spent on none self inflicted illness.

Smokers get 12 weeks of help, after that theyre on their own. Most can only get help once a year to try and break a lifetime habit.

Gamblers get naf all free help...we should be treating all addictions equally. No postcode lottery and no discrimination on what sort of addiction but then where is the money going to come from?

I just did a quick calc, on that basis that she has gained a stone a month, and 14lbs equals an additional 49000 cals a month, thats just an additional 1630 cals a day on top of her daily requirement which was probably around 1800 cals a day. When you consider that a Burger King whopper with cheese is around 800 cals, she only needed to eat 2 a day extra to her other food to gain all that weight back.

Its not such a great amount of additional food when you think of it like that. And quite scary. There but for the grace of god.......................................

Wow, it's really scary how easilly someone can get to that point when we make the maths.

Hope Georgia will beat her addition because this is really sad:(

Comments on Daily Mail articles are always terrible, they bear bait each other.

Btw Gamcare are out there to support addicted gamblers and their families, all of the major turf accountants are affiliated, it was part of the gambling act 2005 that they have to be.

I saw the first show about the girl, anyone think it could be an attention thing? When she's large she gets on tv but when she's slim... Who cares?

I am angry at her Mum. Shes just a kid, she has been taught this behavior and obviously had no help continuing the healthier lifestyle she learnt while she was away.

To be fair to her mum, if the girl wants to eat... she will. My mum had NO idea of the food I was eating outwith meal times. Her mum could be making her the healthiest food imaginable at home but she cant be with her all the time, she cant control what she eats at college or behind her mothers back

Besides at 17 shes almost an adult... shes making the choices, noone else.

Btw Gamcare are out there to support addicted gamblers and their families, all of the major turf accountants are affiliated, it was part of the gambling act 2005 that they have to be.

Ah right, didn't know about that, unfortunately wasn't around the last time I had dealings with a gambler.

I saw the first show about the girl, anyone think it could be an attention thing? When she's large she gets on tv but when she's slim... Who cares?

Who knows. The last thing i'd want at my size is to appear on TV but todays youth have stars in their eyes, fame at any cost. Personally I don't think that was the case here, certainly seemed unhappy with her size on the first show but then again how many people would want the fact they've they've 'failed' made so public.

I had a very close friend who was a drug addict (heroin, speed, cocaine and lord only knows what else) and every time she fell off the wagon she used to go into hiding, from pretty much everyone, as she couldn't stand the 'shame'. Its been the same with the alcoholics and gamblers i've known. So seeking out publicity seems strange to me but then maybe she's so desperate she'll try anything including self public shaming.

i really feel bad for the girl, why not just get gastric bypass? diet & exercise doesnt seem to be working for her.

i really feel bad for the girl, why not just get gastric bypass? diet & exercise doesnt seem to be working for her.

with her past in eating maybe she would eat through and stretch her stomach back?

It is sad that she has gained it all back but then she has proven that diet and exercise can work as she did lose weight.

However, she needs to take responsibility for the food she puts in her mouth. She's old enough now to be cooking for herself. If she doesn't know what's healthy and what isn't, then get a nutritional guidance sheet from the doctor.

There are also enough eating plans and meal replacement options out there which we all know work (which is why we're here!).

Maybe she needs counselling to discuss why she relies on food for her comfort so much. It is sad that she lost a parent but we all have personal tragedies that should not result in turning to food and eating yourself to death!

In my own personal opinion, I don't think a gastric bypass or band is the way to go. I don't understand how people want to never be able to eat normal meals again. Weight loss is a slow process and should be accepted as such.

with her past in eating maybe she would eat through and stretch her stomach back?

I thought that but isnt there a more controversial op where a section of the intestine is removed so that you absorb less of what you eat...I'm sure I heard of this a few year back but maybe it was too risky to make it big. Or may be it was slammed because it didnt actually even try to stop over eating. Or maybe I simply imagined the whole thing...the crazy doesnt just refer to cats LMAO :8855:

Or maybe I simply imagined the whole thing...the crazy doesnt just refer to cats LMAO
lmao! sounds like me!

might be the case, however people who were 60st got the surgery & had a success rate, i think a gastric bypass is her only hope at this point.

im not sure if i feel bad for her, or angry at her parents, she obviously doesnt work so who is giving her the money to bu all this junk? she probably spend 100 pounds a day to cater for her 13000 calorie diet.:confused:

Back