Britains Got Talent

its a brilliant program, i love it too! So many talented people. I think most of the auditionee (is that how to spell that) will have a few songs, even on x-factor they say can you sing anything else so its prob really common to have more than one song under your belt (so to speak!)

Makes me green with envy i can't sing, LOL!

Oli x

who do you think will win?

Cant believe the judges put Hollie through :mad:

This is going to be huge on all forums and workplaces today. Everyone is SO divided on it. I'm not even sure what I think anymore :confused:

If she had been less cute and not cried would she have had a second chance?

If she had been older?

If one of the young dancers had made a mistake would they have been allowed to start again?

What if she is even more nervous at the RVPerformance?

At least it has distracted people from the "susan to win without a doubt" debate!

I was supposed to be out tonight but I'm sooo sad, I'm staying in instead.

:hide: Who Knows what could happen tonight??!!

I think she wouldn't have got through if she hadn't cried. She messed the first song up horribly (which is why she cried i think).

IMO the judges were mad to put her through. It would serve them right if she did it again tonight and messed the show up for them :p lol

edit - and did anyone notice her little brat-strop when at first they said she couldn't perform again? had a right little scream and stamp! don't know why as she's just a child, but she really got on my wick :eek: LOL

I'm not even sure what I think anymore :confused:

Me neither. DS said that the public wouldn't vote for her, but I knew they would.

If she had been less cute and not cried would she have had a second chance?
Probably not, but cuteness is the name of the game (sadly)

If one of the young dancers had made a mistake would they have been allowed to start again?
again, probably not, but the rest of the group could have still proved 'worthiness'

Things going on in my mind.

Very, very glad that they let her perform again, though mixed feelings on whether the 2nd performance should have been the one being judged.

The producers allow children to enter the competition, so have a responsibility to do the right thing (or what they consider the right thing), according to the age of the child

It's not an official guiness book of records, or Olympic championship contest. It's a family entertainment programme...as such, some hard and fast rules need to go out of the window, especially when children perform.

Could she do it again tonight. Well, from what I've heard, the finalists will be told that any breakdowns will mean they are out. That's cool by me ;)

If Hollie didn't have any talent and had got through totally out of pity, that would have been wrong.

Fact is, I believe she has really earned a place in the finals as she's proved to be a beautiful singer. Okay, she broke down this once, but that's no indication that she'll breakdown again. Maybe even some of the other contestants are thinking "there for the grace of god go I" :D

I've heard of some amazing musicians who have broken down during concerts and had to leave the stage. These are highly rated, very successful musicians. It happens. Nobody is really immune.

Hope it goes well for her tonight, though she's not my favourite to win.

Secretly (well...guess it's not a secret now :D), I'm hoping Susan doesn't win either. She's really struggling emotionally from what I gather, and not sure whether the Susan Boyle mania might have just pushed her too far out of her comfort zone.

The pressure on her must be immense.

What i'm dreading tonight is the inevitable "you are SO SO brave, to go through what you did last night and to come back tonight and deliver a WORLD CLASS performance hollie!" from the judges (bleughr). I think it'll be cringeworthiness at it's worst. I may just have to watch through my fingers LOL

I have a feeling that she's just upped her chances of winning by a LOT, sadly :(

Diversity, flawless, julian or that little boy dancer to win (can't remember his name though :eek: )

Oh, and i wouldn't be upset if stavros flatley won either :p LOL (coming from someone who wanted the dream bears to go through last night :eek: )

I know what you mean.... she was cute and everything and I really did feel sorry for her when she forgot the words, but Im just sick to the back teeth of all the bloody singing....... kids AND adults..... just STOP with the singing..... :sigh:
STAVROS TO WIN.... :D

I've just watched BGT - I felt sorry for Hollie .... nerves. I think her mother is the epitome of 'pushy stage mother' and the girl crumbled under the pressure.

Hollie isn't THAT talented and I'm not sure she deserved a place in the semi's nevermind the finals but I'm pleased she was given another chance to perform.

I luv the show but the can only be one winner sadly I`d like SUSAN BOYEL OR HOLLIE STEEL they both got fantastic voices . GOOD LUCK FOR TONIGHT
MARGARET XX

Hi Starlight
I do think shes a good little singer but you could be right . And the pushy parents could do more harm than good , its not right for the child to be pushed in to things like that . Take care .
Margaret xx

I think this why kids shouldnt be in the show at all quite honestly.

And that would be a shame. X factor for adults...real talent show so to speak with guaranteed massive record contract at end. BTG for light easy family entertainment with a chance to show your skills to the queen.

I suppose we could say this about any live programme. No kids, just incase they forget their words, or get upset.

I know she isn't THAT talented, but apart from the upset, she certainly wasn't the most talentless one there. She has a sweet voice, and sings in tune. Prefered her singing to the other guy she was up against.

If she cant cope with the pressure of the semi finals will she cope with the RVP if she wins??

But can we be sure the adults can cope? Just because she had a funny five moments on one occasion doesn't really mean anything. Adults have been known to do this. Wasn't it Elton John who walked out of a show once or twice cos he couldn't cope?? Someone like that anyway :D

She wont get a chance tonight. But just say she does okay and wins, and then falls to bits in front of the queen...highly unlikely. What's the worst that could happen? It really wouldn't be the end of the world?

Personally, I think it's great that we have the chance to see family variety shows again, after such a long period of not having any. Something for everyone as they say :)

As for stavros. I just don't get it :confused: Think they both seem like lovely people. Great relationship between them. Don't get the 'dance' thing though. Don't find it funny. Confused at whether people are voting for them as they think their weight is amusing. Just don't get it at all.:eek:

And the pushy parents could do more harm than good , its not right for the child to be pushed in to things like that .

Ah. I missed this. What did the parent do? Did Hollie really not want to do it after all then?

I tend to get distracted between acts and often don't watch the whole off scene thing :eek:

Hi K D
No I`m not saying her mum was pushy but you do get pushy parents . I would say the little girl does like singing and I hope she is happy donig it.
MARGARET XX

I think kids shouldnt be allowed to be in it so young largely because they cant take the rejection of not getting to another round. Most of them this week have been in tears when they get knocked back.

For some of the adults this is the only chance theyll get of a chance of a career (ok some of them dont have a snowballs chance but some might) whereas the kids theyll go on to be even more precoutious than they already are.

I heard a junior version being mooted which is a great idea, have them compete against each other, it might be easier to take the rejection.

Hollys mother was definitely pushing for her to get the second chance, she was begging them to let her start again. Holly just seemed to want to leave the stage (well after her brief temper flare) I really dont think she should have been given a 2nd chance. Id bet a months wages if an adult singer had screwed up like that theyd have got buzzed off straight away. But hey cant you just rely on the public to give the sympathy vote :rolleyes: Wonder if shed have got through without screwing up?

Is it just me or does anyone else find Hollies voice slightly un nerving and a bit creepy.

I do too starlight LOL

She just irks me. I know she's a kid and all.. but... well, she just irks me :eek: LOL

I think kids shouldnt be allowed to be in it so young largely because they cant take the rejection of not getting to another round.

What do you mean, they can't take it? Just because they cry a bit? Probably a release of emotion after all the excitement. Bet many of the adults do too, in fact they have done at times. So hey...let's not have the adults either, just incase they shed a tear ;)

whereas the kids theyll go on to be even more precoutious than they already are.

Rubbish. Just because a child has a chance of showing some talent. A talent that may not last into adulthood, doesn't make them precocious

Hollys mother was definitely pushing for her to get the second chance, she was begging them to let her start again.

Ahh, it was that was it. Standard advice. Fall off a bike, get back on it straight away. Good parenting...and I didn't see Holly objecting.

Holly just seemed to want to leave the stage (well after her brief temper flare)

Didn't see a temper flare either. No shouting, no screaming, no hitting anyone. Just a little sob and asking to try again. Perhaps she was ready to leave because she would assume she would have to.
But hey cant you just rely on the public to give the sympathy vote :rolleyes:

Yep. So, the child is wrong because the public screw up??

Wonder if shed have got through without screwing up?

Probably.

Is it just me or does anyone else find Hollies voice slightly un nerving and a bit creepy.

Not at all. Her competition was though (a little). I can't say I find any young childs voice creepy.

So I guess you wanted guy with high voice to win?

As for stavros. I just don't get it :confused: Think they both seem like lovely people. Great relationship between them. Don't get the 'dance' thing though. Don't find it funny. Confused at whether people are voting for them as they think their weight is amusing. Just don't get it at all.:eek:

I think Simon just summed it up perfectly. It's about how an act makes you feel and this act has made my night everytime I see them. It's nothing to do with their weight, it's all about their attitude to life and making me laugh uncontrollably :D

Also there was definately a temper flare from Hollie, a stamp of the foot which she suddenly thought better of. I maybe also cynically thought it was staged for the sympathy vote last night :rolleyes:

Back