Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Broad beans, broad beans...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by ermintrude, 6 July 2011 Social URL.

1. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Anybody got any ideas for broad beans? I was making a pea and broad bean salad so ordered some with my delivery... didnt know one pack of broad beans was going to fill almost an entire carrier bag... :confused:

In fact everything came ina giant bag, the herbs, the veggies, the lot. Its like the Mystery of the Exploding Fridge:

[​IMG]

I can't get the beans and peas in it so got to eat them up :(

This time my order came with free Raspberry Liqueur! :

[​IMG]

Ive got all sorts of yummy new things to try here, chipotle paste anyone? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Atomic pink

Atomic pink Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.4%)
    Diet:
    being better!
    Can i steal your fridge please?? And all your shopping. I love broad beans, chambard and chipotle paste. Where are you shopping to get free liquers?? I need to change my supermarket obviously :0

For the broad beans they are nice with pasta - I make a broad bean, spinach and stilton pasta that is very tasty. They are also really nice with feta and could be added to a greek salad or some cous cous. There was a recipe in the slimming world magazine a while ago for a pomegranate and broad bean pilau rice which looked nice (minus the pomegranate in my case - I HATE the idea of fruit with savoury things).

4. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    That fridge is one lovely sight fit to bustin LOL!!!

5. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    But once you shell the broad beans, there will be much less :(

How many syns in Chambord?

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I luuuurve broad beans ommmmmm. [​IMG] Theyve all gone! All in my tummy yum yum. Couldnt believe it, I podded nearly a whole carrier bag of them and got 200g out of it! Unbelievable, massive pods, about 10-12" long and an inch wide with about 2 beans in each, rubbish :( 200g, made a salad for two of us and now theyve all gone.

Still got half the peas left tho, mmmmm freshly podded peas, so Ill snack on them tomorrow :)

Ive never had Chambard before, it's good then is it? thought Id try it this w/e on my SW "day off" (ahem :D ) on Saturday. I got it free with a delivery from Ocado. Ive only used them once before, and only cos they were offering something free that time as well, heh :D Yeah, got free delivery and a bottle of Chambard. They are bl**dy expensive but once a while is OK if they give me freebies :)

Never had chipotle paste either but Im addicted to jalapenos and Ive found 2 recipes I want to make that ask for it so thought Id get some and Ocado was the only place I could find it.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    None, on a Saturday ;) :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.