Broad beans, broad beans...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by ermintrude, 6 July 2011 Social URL.

1. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Anybody got any ideas for broad beans? I was making a pea and broad bean salad so ordered some with my delivery... didnt know one pack of broad beans was going to fill almost an entire carrier bag... :confused:

In fact everything came ina giant bag, the herbs, the veggies, the lot. Its like the Mystery of the Exploding Fridge:

[​IMG]

I can't get the beans and peas in it so got to eat them up :(

This time my order came with free Raspberry Liqueur! :

[​IMG]

Ive got all sorts of yummy new things to try here, chipotle paste anyone? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Atomic pink

Atomic pink Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.4%)
    Diet:
    being better!
    Can i steal your fridge please?? And all your shopping. I love broad beans, chambard and chipotle paste. Where are you shopping to get free liquers?? I need to change my supermarket obviously :0

For the broad beans they are nice with pasta - I make a broad bean, spinach and stilton pasta that is very tasty. They are also really nice with feta and could be added to a greek salad or some cous cous. There was a recipe in the slimming world magazine a while ago for a pomegranate and broad bean pilau rice which looked nice (minus the pomegranate in my case - I HATE the idea of fruit with savoury things).

4. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    That fridge is one lovely sight fit to bustin LOL!!!

5. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    But once you shell the broad beans, there will be much less :(

How many syns in Chambord?

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I luuuurve broad beans ommmmmm. [​IMG] Theyve all gone! All in my tummy yum yum. Couldnt believe it, I podded nearly a whole carrier bag of them and got 200g out of it! Unbelievable, massive pods, about 10-12" long and an inch wide with about 2 beans in each, rubbish :( 200g, made a salad for two of us and now theyve all gone.

Still got half the peas left tho, mmmmm freshly podded peas, so Ill snack on them tomorrow :)

Ive never had Chambard before, it's good then is it? thought Id try it this w/e on my SW "day off" (ahem :D ) on Saturday. I got it free with a delivery from Ocado. Ive only used them once before, and only cos they were offering something free that time as well, heh :D Yeah, got free delivery and a bottle of Chambard. They are bl**dy expensive but once a while is OK if they give me freebies :)

Never had chipotle paste either but Im addicted to jalapenos and Ive found 2 recipes I want to make that ask for it so thought Id get some and Ocado was the only place I could find it.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    None, on a Saturday ;) :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.