Broadband

Safia

Gold Member
Hey everyone I was just wondering what broadband to get as atl ast after what seems an eternity our sky contract is finishing and we are definately changing as their service and customer service is rubbish. Me and my husband have decided to go back to BT for our phone as we have never had a problem with their phone service but we are not sure whether we should have broadband with them too or someone else as i have heard some negative stuff about bt broadband. Also i dont think virgin is available in our area so not sure who to go for x

All in all Bt in my opinion, whilst its the higher as in charging for its BB, I believe it ticks all the plus boxes anybody would need, and their support is excellent in my experience. They can connect remotely to ur computer and sort most issues on the spot. No passing the buck ie its not our line etc

Last edited:
Thats what we are thinking too as whenever we had a prob with BT they sorted it out asap but sky just messed us around. But the only thing is when my husband spoke to BT they said they would charge us for connection and the box for broadband which worked out around £40!

Thats still a lot better than the 40+ days sky took to reconnect our phone when we moved home when they said it would take a maximum or 28 days. When we asked for compensation to cover for calls that we had to use our phone for they gave us £10 off our bill when we spent near enough £100.
I get terribly anxious when we didnt have a landline as i hate relying on mobiles and i have also heard a few people complain about bt service aswell even though we never had a prob with them when we were with them before but it just makes me think who would really be best and who would give us the less hassle.

Yea I think BT it is a lot better than its competitors to get things back to normal if there is anything wrong as they own the lines and i really like talking to their phone staff who are really quite polite unlike sky staff who dont know what they are on about and always trying to sell you more! Their broadband is awful aswell as some sites are so slow to load even though apperently they have given us really fast connection!

Id recommend BT before them I was with Tiscali (remember them lol) and if there was a fault Tiscali would say I had to get BT to sort the line and BT would say it was a Tiscali problem. In all the years Ive been with BT I think my BB has been down only once for any length of time - probably around 24 hours but there was a major fault in the area. Any other time ive had problems either rebooting my hub or phoning them has had sorted instantly

Lol starlight dont remind me about tiscali x my dad used to have tiscali and as i was home at that time i used to end up having to deal with them because of either probs with internet or phone and yes they also used to say ring bt as its their line x

Back