Broccoli & Stilton soup

sushisu

Hi everyone.

Am fancying some Broccoli & Stilton soup for lunch. Was thinking I'd make it by frying a spring onion, then adding some chicken juices ( I always cook my chicken in slow cooker then drain off juices in jug, put in fridge then can seperate juices from fat easily. I'm using this as stock as I'm think this is better than stock cubes/stock pots etc) with some broccoli then when soft add some stilton & pepper then blitz.

I'm on induction, do you think this recipe will be ok?

Thanks

Nicky
x

Sounds pretty yummy although i dont like stilton lol:) can always stick recipe into MFp to calculate carbs - good to start understanding quantities/carbs

Thanks for advice Katie :), must get used to MFP. Haven't really used it up to now, have kept my foods plain on induction so far mainly meat, tuna, salad & veg but am wanting to cook a little more and experiment so will find this a really helpful tool.

Thanks again
Nicky
x

So it's just chicken juice (no added thickener) a little onion, broccoli and cheese? Should be fine - but yes always a good idea to pop quantities into mfp so you know how much you've had and can balance it with the rest of the day.

Nb. If you're looking up vegetables on MFP always look up ones with a UK supermarket attached. Tesco is a good one. This means you'll get uk values - aka with the fibre already deducted.

Thanks Moonlights for the tip, much apreciated:)
Made the soup for lunch and it was lovely. Crumbled in some crispy bacon bits and loved it. Only used the stalk of one stem of broccoli as saw this on a tele-program saying don't throw it away after using the florets, peel it and use it for soup.So I did and I made enough for 3 portions- result!
Didn't use any thickener and it was more liquid than what I'm used to, but delicious all the same:gimi:

OOH I love Stilton - think I will have to try this x

Back