ProPoints B's ramblings to 140lb <3

BrightonBetty

Silver Member
Hi,

Not new to MiniMins at all. Done every diet under the sun just like most people :D

I am doing a combination of Weight Watchers and Atkins/low carb which means I will be counting points to be flexible but trying to stay away from carbs as much as possible. I just need to know that everything is allowed otherwise my brain will sabotage me into falling off the wagon.

So i will stay away from pasta/potatoes/rice as much as I can but if I crave it I have points for it rather than think either a) I can't have it or b) might as well stop dieting.

So yes. I am all over MiniMins, haha. I also downloaded my first SlimPod last night after reading lots of good things about it! I have listened to it twice now. I feel... Good! Listening to James Morrison (aaahhh... :love: ), lucky to be living in the same city with him, haha. I can be such a teenager (who'd think I am a mum of 2, wife to be, a mature student etc).

Lastly. I also downloaded a 100 days challenge booklet. It is supposed to motivate you and keep you on track with any diet you are doing for at least a 100 days. Since I have never stuck to any diets for so long it will be interesting to see if with my new found motivation, enthusiasm, SlimPod and the challenge I might actually be able to shift those 4-5 stone!

End of my ramblings. I am filling in a personal diary for the challenge and SlimPod positives as well as my iPhone apps.

Hope everyone is having a really good day and will have great losses! Even though I properly started yesterday I want my weigh in days to be Fridays so will weigh in a bit early this time, will go back to normal after that! :)

Lovely to meet you! :flirt2: x

Right, I am off out to Hotel du Vin in a couple of hours. I cannot wait, very excited, not sure what I am going to have yet but the thought of all their food makes my mouth water! I will, of course, make healthier choices and I am actually excited about it! A few more days and my years of working there will be over, I cannot believe it :) Here's to new beginnings!

Had a lovely meal out but i do feel too full. For the first time I did not finish any of my meals/plates and I still felt too full. For starters I ordered brioche with foie gras, it came with 2 slices of brioche and a portion of foie gras, I only ate 1 piece of toast and half of foie gras. For main I had dauphinoise potatoes and roast duck breast. Again, I only had 1 bite of the potatoes and cut off all the fatty bits of the duck. There was maybe 100g of duck. For dessert there was 3 scoops of sorbet and I had half of it. No idea how many points but I truly hope my weeklies covered it...

Been feeling so tired today, no idea why. Woke up with a horrendous headache, sent the kids to nursery and went back to bed.

It was so bizarre in the morning, I felt hungry but... I opened the fridge and did not fancy anything. I wanted porridge but we were all out of milk... So I had a glass of sugar free squash and went back to bed. Maybe it's the SlimPod working?! I eat so much more slowly, don't think about food so much, it's brilliant!

I finally got out of bed at half 3 and that's when I had my first meal. Grilled chicken breast with cucumber and tomatoes, yummm. Now just having coffee, I feel satisfied and happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SlimPod Day 2 Positives:

1. I only fancied porridge and berries for breakfast instead of the normal heavy junk.
2. I did not think about food until late lunch when I suddenly felt really hungry.
3. I have been drinking lots more liquids than normal.

Been tired but have had a good day, feeling positive!

What a lovely day today! Woke up, felt hungry, didn't eat all my points yesterday so that is probably why! I did not fancy anything really... So had some strawberries and a banana. What is up with me. Haven't been near the fridge much at all over the last few days! I don't feel hungry or crave stuff most of the time, and for me, that is a HUUUGE thing. I have a week off before I start a new job so staying at home, studying normally means munching on as much rubbish as possible. And I haven't. Am proud of myself and hopefully it won't be too long until I will be in the 14's and out of the dreaded 15's, don't remember seeing a 14 for a LONG time...

Thank you girls, I am loving the freedom and control WW gives me at the same time! Last night I went out for my leaving do, had a few vodka and diet cokes, low fat turkey 6" sub and still fit it all in my daily allowance! Makes me so happy I never feel like I'm about to fall off the wagon! x

Today has been a rubbish day really when it comes to eating. I have been snacking all day on various stuff (fruit/babybel/choc) and haven't really had a proper meal all day. Tomorrow is my first WI. So am not too hopeful. But I am ready to get back on track from tomorrow, can't wait until my morning porridge!

WI today. Been 10 days since I started dieting again. I started at 223lb 10 days ago and am 8lb lighter today! 4-5lb of that is thanks to VLCD and 3-4 to WW/low carb. I have been within my points, used all my dailies and weeklies, so I am super excited! Next Saturday will be a more proper weigh in as that week will be without any VLCDs but goes to show you don't necessarily need to put weight on of you move from VLCD. Anyway, all in all I am very happy, I have eaten what I wanted and done really well! Here's to next week!!! x

The sun is coming out, yay! Always makes me happy. Mr went to Canada today so a little bit sad but in a way it makes eating easier - went out shopping with my boys, bought a freezer full of WW meals and desserts and snacks - yay!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, tonight will be snacks, TV, duvet and my boys x

Been a funny day today, apart from lunch, rather than having meals I have literally been snacking on something all day. I am within my limit and all but it is just surprising where all those points have gone... I missed out on one session with SlimPod and I think I can immediately feel the effects. After going out on Thursday, when I eventually got home I did not even remember putting my earphones in... And now the last 2 days I have been snacking. And because of it I have not felt hungry once. Which I don't like. Oh well, back on track with SlimPod and I have not overused my points so all is well, I am still just as happy and determined as ever :)

Hope everyone is really well and enjoying their Saturday night :) x

SlimPod Day 4 positives:

1) Stayed within my allowed points
2) Went out for a walk
3) Drank plenty of water/SF squash

Last edited:
What a horrible day today :( But then again it's a good excuse to do plenty of housework (extra activity points?! Yes please! Ha)

B: Oat So Simple Original with semi skimmed milk
Bonne Maman strawberry jam, 1 tsp
Coffee + 50 ml semi skimmed milk
Cheestring x 1

L: WW Chicken Hotpot
Kinder Bueno x 1

Day 5 SlimPod:

1) Snacked less, more decent meals
2) Stayed within my points limit
3) Played a lot with the kids :)

Last edited:
Day 6 positives:

1) I drank lots of water
2) I managed to resist the urge to go over my points
3) Spent a really nice day with my boys

Found your diary :D! Such a good read xxxx

image-2243154829.jpg

So that's the cake Em! Our theme is purple. Obviously! Lol xxxx

:0 omg omg omg! i LOVE it!!!! how beautiful does that look!!!! love the purple theme too! such a nice shade of purple too!!!! how exciting!! xxxx

Haha thanks!!!!! I love it too, sooooo beautiful! I want the theme to be really dark purple so it's classy but still a bit girly too! xxxx

Back