Buddy?

Flutterby3

Hi there,

I'm a 21 yr old female, living in London and struggling with Slimming World.

Really struggling to stick to the plan, and am struggling even more to make healthier options :-( Finding this whole thing very difficult and quite upsetting.

I'm looking for a 'buddy', someone who knows what the urge feels like... Just someone who will be on the other end when I'm struggling and vice versa. Just someone who, when I'm about to go out and buy myself 5kg of crisps to binge on will tell me I don't need it, and remind me to stay focused on my SW goals.

Whole thing is getting me down :( but they say... Strength in numbers!xx

I'm not sure if you have met up with anyone yet... but I thought I would reply and say I sure could do with some help with SW and losing weight and body image etc., etc., as well. I am a lot older than you (47) but that doesn't bother me. I live in Knet with my dog called Pickle and sure know what it means to binge eat. I have about 4.5 stone to lose ~ and today I lost the plot!

Get back in touch if you want ~ I only bite food

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Theres a buddy thread in the SW forum :)

justjudith said:
I'm not sure if you have met up with anyone yet... but I thought I would reply and say I sure could do with some help with SW and losing weight and body image etc., etc., as well. I am a lot older than you (47) but that doesn't bother me. I live in Knet with my dog called Pickle and sure know what it means to binge eat. I have about 4.5 stone to lose ~ and today I lost the plot!

Get back in touch if you want ~ I only bite food

Hello JustJudith and Pickle!

Oh, age is NOTHING is this world of weight loss... I haven't been great over the last few days BUT I haven't been as awful as I normally am.

Weigh in at SW tomorrow and I'm dreading what the scales will show. Certainly a gain. Definitely need someone to encourage me, and who I can encourage too... Slimming world was supposed to be a new start for me but as of yet, it's not quite happened!!

Hi flutterby, I will be your friend too, I know all too well the feeling of binge eating, I do it all the time with crisps, especially at night time when I am browsing the Internet or reading my books. I am sick of myself but sometimes I feel I just need salt and something to snack on. I am a terrible crisp fiend, I could eat them all day long.

I have now decided enough is enough though after catching sight of myself in the mirror and seeing the double chin forming. It's disgusting of me. I refuse to be overweight anymore and I don't want to be. But even though my heart wants to lose weight my mind still finds it hard to be motivated most days.

But I am trying my best. Exercising and doing calorie counting. It's just so boring though. Bt I am determined to stay motivated if poss and would like to help you too!

Hope to chat with you soon.
Danielle ( age 26)

Wii-Gym-Bunny said:
Hi flutterby, I will be your friend too, I know all too well the feeling of binge eating, I do it all the time with crisps, especially at night time when I am browsing the Internet or reading my books. I am sick of myself but sometimes I feel I just need salt and something to snack on. I am a terrible crisp fiend, I could eat them all day long.

I have now decided enough is enough though after catching sight of myself in the mirror and seeing the double chin forming. It's disgusting of me. I refuse to be overweight anymore and I don't want to be. But even though my heart wants to lose weight my mind still finds it hard to be motivated most days.

But I am trying my best. Exercising and doing calorie counting. It's just so boring though. Bt I am determined to stay motivated if poss and would like to help you too!

Hope to chat with you soon.
Danielle ( age 26)

Hi there Danielle, so nice to hear from you.

Oh I know the crisp feeling :-(

I can go through a made for sharing walkers bag in under half an hour. It's shocking,

I understand the lack of motivation, which is why a lot of the time, we need someone else there to encourage and push us.

So how about we say... Tomorrow we aim for a good day?? Any temptation, and we either come here and vent, or contact the other person, just to remind us the binge won't be worth it in the end?x

Wow someone who is like me over crisps! I thought I was the only one. I am addictied to Walkers Sensations, Sainsburys bacon crispies and those Lidl crisps :( I cannot cut them out completely but will cut way back and only buy one bag a week.

Yes I say that's a good ides, I will be popping on here daily so will be around! I'm going to make some soup tomorrow too :D

Someone said that if you just smell something you want to eat but don't eat it then it's enough to satisfy your urge.....hmm, I don't know if that will be true, as soon as I smell crisps I need to eat them!

Going to stay motivated today though and get my exercise done, as I simply need to! how are you doing today?

Wii-Gym-Bunny said:
Someone said that if you just smell something you want to eat but don't eat it then it's enough to satisfy your urge.....hmm, I don't know if that will be true, as soon as I smell crisps I need to eat them!

Going to stay motivated today though and get my exercise done, as I simply need to! how are you doing today?

Had maltesers today!!

My food has been awful today ~ started off with Mily WayS for breakfast and went via pie and chips (at Morrisons) and bread and butter to chocolate honeycomb. Nothing near Slimming World. Tomorrow I get some cash so I'll be able to have fruit for breakfast. I did walk over 14,000 steps today so that must have walked off one chip! I dread weighing in on Sunday.

What the heck am I doing to myself~ not as if I enjoy the food half the time. Ah well.... nothing left to eat bar a tin of beans... so maybe this evening could be much worse... things can only get better!

Look forward to hearing how things were for you today.

Hello Judith!

Breakfast for me was two slices of toast, one with marmalade and 28g of honey hoops.
Lunch was a ham and cucumber sandwich, a very yummy nom nom yogurt and an apple.
I was then treated to a lovely bag of maltesers from my manager.
Came home and had three lemon puff biscuits, then dinner had mums pasta with lean mince and veg and a bit of cheese.

Hasn't been awful BUT hasn't exactly been SW friendly.

Gonna go and get myself a peppermint tea and something to much on methinks. And I know what you mean... When I'm eating, I'm not even enjoying it. Just for some horrible reason, I can't stop myself.

Shall we aim for good days tomorrow?

Peppermint tea sounds good ~ must get some herbal tea when I next do my shopping at the supermarket. Even the diet coke I brought from Poundland doesn't taste right but I will drink that tonight. I also like drinking fizzy water.:)

Whats your game plan for tomorrow?

I plan on getting my money and then getting some fruit from the stall in town for breakfast ~ and thats as far as I have thought of. I would have a jacket potato with beans from our cafe but they kill the jacket potato ~ I'm not sure how but they do.:eek:. I could go to Marks and Spencer or Tesco Express ~ Might get a potato and bung it in the microwvae at work.... theres a thought!

Thanks for that....

Looking forward to hearing what you have planned ~ if you fail to plan you plan to fail!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog.

PS Wonderful manager giving you Malteressers! You must be good to them!

OK ~ Whats for breakfast? or First meal/food of the day? Got anything easy to fix ~ something to give you a strong foundation?

Do you do green, red or eXtra Easy?

What about tomorrow?

I'm extra easy, so I'm thinking...

Breakfast either toast or weetabix with a yogurt and banana

Lunch, some of mums leftover pasta

Dinner, jacket potatoe with beans and salad

??

That sounds like a plan and a good plan.... is it 1/3rd superfree food for eXtra Easy? I find it hard to get my head round that plan.... glad you have it under control!

How are you doing today?

Went to Lidl today ~ it was crowed so didn't stay long but long enough to pick up some cider and some irish cream .... oh and dog food. *smile*. I'll go angain during the week methinks when its quieter. Broken into the cider... had the irish cream.... and its weigh in day tomorrow.... I suck! *kicks self mercylessey*

Ah well tomorrow is another day.... just don't do as I do!

Back